test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any way to get Pirate Distress beacon as a new non-Romulan character?

genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User

I've got it on my main fed character made in 2012, and a Romulan character which is a part of their arc. But what about non-Romulan new characters.

Searched the internet and I can't see a way to start the installation 18 episode where the distress beacon reward is given . Some say it is not available any more, others that it should be in you available missions tab, one post says to talk to Horace Jones directly on Nimbus III, and another says it should be under the Franklin Drake header in the available missions tab. I've checked them out and I can't find a start for the Secrets of Nimbus arc or the four missions given by Horace Jones related to it.

Anyone know if it is still possible to get the mission to obtain the Pirate Distress call beacon?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,780 Arc User
    Yes, for Non Romulan characters, it's in the available tab, you can get it pretty early too, you can do the whole Nimbus III arc before you start the Delta Quadrant arc.
  • Options
    Thing is I can't see it in the available missions tab for any of my non-Romulan alts except for the first character I made in 2012 and Romulan character. What is it called in the missions tab?
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    For non romulan characters it will be available in the available tab. You have to go thru all of nimbus, the last mission will give you what you want. It should be available as I recall early in thier career by or before lev 20.
    Go thru the entire available and you should find something called secrets of nimbus.
    The only way you dont see it is if they changed the level at which you can play it, cause i beleave it use to be around 20.
    The other thing you can try is go to Nimbus yourself, walk into the gates, turn right, and go talk to him directly, you should be able to pick up the missions from him providing they are available and something hasnt been changed.

9extfa49rg6u.png

I started a brand new character to test my theory to show you that secrets of nimbus is supposed to be available early in ones career.
    I skipped thru the klingon arc and opened up more under available quicker :)
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    As I said it is not in the available tab. Also only Romulans get it as a part of their story arc since the Romulan expansion. I've levelled up four other alts fairly recently as a part of recruitment events, three feds and one KDF. None of them were offered the mission and it's not in the tab. From what I can see if you have it in your availables tab you are either a Romulan or did this mission before the Rom expansion came out, when it was offered to all characters.

If anyone has acquired the pirate beacon recently on a character that is not a Rom, I would be grateful to know how you picked up the mission. Details would help.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,780 Arc User
    Wait... it's not showing up in "Incoming Hails"?,

Because if not then something weird, going on with your game.
  • Options
    stofleet0#5353 stofleet0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Wait... it's not showing up in "Incoming Hails"?,

Because if not then something weird, going on with your game.

It's not listed anywhere, but Nimbus and other quest line listed under the Available tab only unlock after you fully complete all storylines prior to Romulan Mystery. For Federation captains, this means all of Klingon War, up to and including The Galaxy At Large.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Thanks for your help guys especially "stofleet0". I hadn't played or skipped all episodes before the Romulan Mystery arc for those four alts. I've just now pressed the skip mission button for all those Klingon missions before that arc, and it has shown up in the available missions tab. Really appreciated :)
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    I have a level 55 that has run through nimbus. IIRC, i just beamed down and talked to the NPC Horace right inside the gate. I might have got it from Drake in the available tab. it was one of the two
    Spock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.