Login in Launcher works, but got a new error:
    3fnwaebag1ok.png

After a few attemps it quits the launcher with:
    8msdlu396auu.png

Wasn't able to play since yesterday :(
    Hope you guys fix it soon :)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    I know that this is frustrating for many of you, but rudeness is not allowed and will not be tolerated. Please, remain civil. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    exiledhermit#3227 exiledhermit Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I suppose it's progress since my new denying pop-up box is: "The connection was idle for too long"
  • Options
    jeanluck4jeanluck4 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Is this a joke? I was able to connect recently and now it is no longer possible.

Your problem is hellish!!!!

iwpftgjpmorf.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I would also like to point out we do have a thread on the current downtime in General Discussion if anyone wishes to discuss it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Hey gang - don't want to send too many "we have no update" updates, but just to keep you informed, the team is still working hard on trying to pinpoint the best way to fix this issue, which is affecting all Cryptic games right now. Hopefully some good news today.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    syagrian wrote: »
    I was in most of the day yesterday (various exits, restarts, etc.) -- Last night, the client updated itself, anew patch, and now it won't connect at all. I tried again late last night, another patch, and no joy. This morning, a large patch, still no go.

Exactly what happened to me. CasualSAb has a video out, showing how to correct the files and play the game. But it will only work if you can actually get the launcher open. But of course, Cryptic keeps pushing out the broken patch, clogging the system, so that many of us cannot even connect to open the launcher now.

FYI, messing with the game files is against the TOS.

Me making a $50 purchase to play with over this long weekend and not being able to play due to a series of faulty patches is against my TOS. Just civilly saying. :)

--

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Dude... relax. We're all frustrated by this.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Why all this TOS hate all of a sudden? Sure it's a bit dated but it's still far superior to the likes of TRIBBLE and Picard.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    dourif wrote: »
    Why all this TOS hate all of a sudden? Sure it's a bit dated but it's still far superior to the likes of TRIBBLE and Picard.

TOS Terms of Service

• Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

Customer Service 101: Never tell a paying customer to "relax" when services are not being rendered.

I'm a 10+ year veteran of STO - thousands spent. I'm also a developer, so I know when things get bad sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. I also make sure my moderators don't say things that just frustrate people more. They help or don't say anything. It's okay for customers to vent, that's partly why forums exist. Many here made plans to spend time on this game on enjoy. That's not happening, right? Still many, like me are sticking around, hoping it gets working soon. So help people stick around, not "relax", because that will make them want to go away and play something else and most importantly: spend $$$ somewhere else. Pretty sure Cryptic isn't interested in that outcome, right?

--

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    cappen#6855 cappen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    i am sure that they are as frustrated as we are as it is affecting all of their games. figure out where we are on their list of top grossing games, and you will have a timeline for when STO will be fixed.
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »
    dourif wrote: »

TOS Terms of Service

Pretty sure that was a joke, eazzie. 😏

Customer Service 101: Never tell a paying customer to "relax" when services are not being rendered.

I'm a 10+ year veteran of STO - thousands spent. I'm also a developer, so I know when things get bad sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. I also make sure my moderators don't say things that just frustrate people more. They help or don't say anything. It's okay for customers to vent, that's partly why forums exist. Many here made plans to spend time on this game on enjoy. That's not happening, right? Still many, like me are sticking around, hoping it gets working soon. So help people stick around, not "relax", because that will make them want to go away and play something else and most importantly: spend $$$ somewhere else. Pretty sure Cryptic isn't interested in that outcome, right?

Ok, I don't think any of that is necessary. Let's head this off before it escalates. We are aware that everyone is frustrated and people will natually want to vent their frustrations. We do appreciate everyone's patience while the issue is tracked down and corrected. We want everyone to be able to enjoy their weekend gaming. 😊
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User

Hey gang - don't want to send too many "we have no update" updates, but just to keep you informed, the team is still working hard on trying to pinpoint the best way to fix this issue, which is affecting all Cryptic games right now. Hopefully some good news today.

Not all - Champions is completely unaffected.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    gabriel#3407 gabriel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Client still crashing. And patching is running every time I start launcher.
    At least change the error message - I suggest "We still working. Enjoy our pick of music meanwhile" and then open YouTube music radio.
  • Options
    antymasterantymaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'll give you, one piece of advice, use the replicator, glasshouse Cheateau Picard will calm you down.
    The second lieutenants are trying to fix warp core, i understand what it looks like situation with kobayashimaru.

You are the captain, treat this situation appropriately.
  • Options
    manalishi#3427 manalishi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I find humor in the anger of some folks. "Solution"- Venting, Screaming is absolutely fine, but Vent/Scream at the voices in your head. I do. :-)
  • Options
    cgfox#0504 cgfox Member Posts: 1 New User
    After hours of failure to connect, failure of the launcher to open, and multiple attempts to download the new patch released recently as the download would freeze and fail, I have now finally been able to open the game via the launcher.

I would suggest to people reading this thread to attempt to do the same, it may take a few tries, but it finally worked!
  • Options
    stormymavstormymav Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    Well, I was able to connect, download the patch, and play...
    ctia09nxz9n2.png
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Just logged in without issue so hopefully everything is back up and working.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    duddutcher#4834 duddutcher Member Posts: 68 Arc User

carpe diem my friend.

why waste your anger here when there is much more going on world wide what would deserve your anger much more.

i had a awesome day upgrading my MTG decks with my left over cards and made a lego set i bought and watched some star trek TNG with my family.

why get frustrated, if i may say so, relax man :D;)
  • Options

Captains - we're back. Thank you so much for your incredible patience over the last few days. All Captains on PC will be receiving a package of an Experimental Ship Upgrade, Captain Upgrade, and Bridge Officer Upgrade as a thank you. We appreciate you.

Sorry, forgot to say this will be live on PC on Wednesday.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    It's a bit after 4pm for myself & was just able to log-in & play so thanks to the work & effort.
  • Options
    It's been working for me for the last several hours. I hope it is working for everyone else too. Thanks to the mods for allowing me to vent. :) Have an enjoyable weekend everyone.
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • Options
    paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User

Captains - we're back. Thank you so much for your incredible patience over the last few days. All Captains on PC will be receiving a package of an Experimental Ship Upgrade, Captain Upgrade, and Bridge Officer Upgrade as a thank you. We appreciate you.

If it's free it's for me. Thanks for the stuff. Happy Easter and all that!
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • Options
    gordianknottgordianknott Member Posts: 2 New User
    It's almost 11pm Alaska time here and no change at all. Is there something I need to do on my end to get this working?
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

As in the 12th?
    Just confirming.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    As in the 12th?
    Just confirming.

Yes, as in Wednesday, April 12th. 😊
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    Yes, as in Wednesday, April 12th.
    But not Tuesday? Surely we all know by now that stuff gets done on a Tuesday... :p
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Bummer, I was able to play last night but this morning (Easter morning) I cannot even connect to the Launcher & after 5 times it times-out.
This discussion has been closed.