test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FIRST CONTACT DAY EVENT!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
Celebrate First Contact Day on all platforms, and unlock a brand new Universal Console!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11541003
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    coaldust#7044 coaldust Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Yay new event! But not seen any mention on the Twitter. Anything up with the social media posts at all?
    "We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Im happy they are putting things here, cause I miss alot by not going to twitter - and never will.
  • Options
    mulder1aqmulder1aq Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    This seems sketch and I think they forgot all about it. Even that post looks thrown together in the last minute just like the reward. Last year it was announced in March 23rd because... April 5th. Why are we celebrating First Contact Day starting April 12th through May?

2010 - none
    2011 - none
    2012 - April 5 - April 11
    2013 - April 5 - April 11
    2014 - April 3 - April 7
    2015 - none
    2016 - March 31 - April 6
    2017 - March 30 - April 6
    2018 - April 5 - April 12
    2019 - April 4 - April 11 (PC) April 11 - April 18 (Console)
    2020 - April 2 - April 23 (PC) April 9 - April 30 (Console)
    2021 - April 1 - April 22 (All Platforms)
    2022 - April 5 - April 26 (All Platforms)
    2023 - April 12th - May 3rd (All Platforms)????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    So now we can celebrate next week with the after party :)
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,009 Arc User
    mulder1aq wrote: »
    Why are we celebrating First Contact Day starting April 12th through May?
    Most likely, this is due to the Anniversary Event always coming later to Console and there's always loud complaints when two events overlap.
    Currently, the Anniversary event will end on April 11th on consoles, meaning the First Contact Day stuff can begin on April 12th.

Now, I also get the impression that Gearbox might be trying to push for STO to have everything running on all platforms at the same time. I say this because we had a slight overlap for "A Good Day to Die" on consoles with the beginning of the Anniversary - and "A Good Day to Die" ran on all 3 platforms almost simultaneously.
    I would not be surprised if Consoles had fewer Red Alert events this year to allow the 'catch up' with PC.

Then again, it may just be wishful thinking...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Seems Zefram in a drunken stupor took his shotgun to the servers
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
  • Options
    Rembering first contact finally starts today YAY!
  • Options
    herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Hmm, Total Progress does not seem to be advancing in the seasonal event (First Contact Day) after completing the rocket TFO.

You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    gsha8wbsh5q5.png

I absolutely dispise doing stuff for nothing! OR more than once for someone elses issues!
    Also note of interest: I did the model rocket day TFO, didnt wanna do the other stuff.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    sporek2sporek2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    same here
    3v7q9pgbuno9.png

• Options

There was a technical glitch this morning, and if players would still be on cool down for progress in the Voth event, they will still be in cool down for First Contact Day. We're investigating.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User

There was a technical glitch this morning, and if players would still be on cool down for progress in the Voth event, they will still be in cool down for First Contact Day. We're investigating.
    bc99w5hn1nec.jpg
    Ah, so it wasn't just me seeing this, then.

• Options
    jj81#6237 jj81 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    The total progress does not seem to be advancing after I have completed two TFO "Synth Wave" and "Model Rocket Launch" in the "First Contact Day" Event still at 0/14? just completed TFO "Model Rocket Launch" for the second day total progress is still at 0/14.
    Post edited by jj81#6237 on
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I usually take the maint day off for events. Glad I did if there's a bug. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options

We'll be extending First Contact Day by one day to compensate for this issue.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Can we have Eradication Day next year? Some new rewards and accolades would be nice too.

I had to do Synth Wave because even though the timer had finally cleared from running my Voth event this time yesterday. The First Contact rocket building was greyed out on my level 65 character who has plenty of free inventory space.
  • Options
    lordtime2000#4947 lordtime2000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I wish that someone on the developer side would look at the logs on the first contact, there a bunch of players who get one piece of the 3 that you need and just don't get the rest of them and if they found (from the dev.) they should get a warning first and if they keep doing a) give then a cooldown around 30 mins on the next time they go in or b) don't let them in the event, now I can understand if the have computer or isp problems or server side problems

• Options
    I have seen alot of this, but personally, I would get all 3 regardless of quality then stop.
    I have found that trying to upgrade the parts has little effects of how well your rocket launches.
  • Options
    mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    I have seen alot of this, but personally, I would get all 3 regardless of quality then stop.
    I have found that trying to upgrade the parts has little effects of how well your rocket launches.

The better the parts the further they do go generally. The more Very Rares you get when adjusting give a small boost each to distance. There does seem to be an element of randomness though where a fully VR parts rocket explodes after a few seconds to those that sail off the end of the track and those not fully 'purpled' come first. \\\\\\\\\\\

This along with the Risa and Wonderland events is one of the rare non-grindy events that I do enjoy and aim to go furthest as much as possible, so those who get a part and sit there not so worried about if they want to stand around whilst doing something else that's their choice. As it is I'll happy go running around.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,009 Arc User
    ...a bunch of players who get one piece of the 3 that you need and just don't get the rest of them
    Given that we're competing in a race to see whose rocket goes furthest, I have no problem with that - mine will definitely go further than theirs.

However, I would like to see the total marks awarded be dependent on the distance the rocket covers, but only by a small amount. Fifth place could get 65, with 5-mark increments so that 1st place gets 85. This might add some incentive to play the event properly.

Now, if we were working as a team toward a common goal, that'd be a different story, and slackers would not sit well with me.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    I wish that someone on the developer side would look at the logs on the first contact, there a bunch of players who get one piece of the 3 that you need and just don't get the rest of them and if they found (from the dev.) they should get a warning first and if they keep doing a) give then a cooldown around 30 mins on the next time they go in or b) don't let them in the event, now I can understand if the have computer or isp problems or server side problems

This is supposed to be a fun, no stress event. Why do you care what someone else does or doesn't do? It doesn't affect you. You do you. Let them do them. Everybody wins. Carry on.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Thanks Cryptic, I had fun earning the chronogami console and extra dilithium this year.
    Not that i don't enjoy first contact day event each year, but this year you gave me an extra timey wimey console item for my ship.. ;)
This discussion has been closed.