test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MUDD JOINS THE ALLIANCE?

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
Mudd is bringing you the ships of the Khitomer Alliance on PC!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11537903
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    Cryptic are you serious ?
    This is by far the worst thing you guys have ever done. These where event ships. I know you guys sell event ships in mudds... and ok put these in there one at a time if you want like all the other event ships... but a mudd bundle ? REALYY

I hope no one that missed these events is stupid enough to buy these ships. If your a newer player that missed these ships and you are reading this. DO not buy this, these ships are free ship level and are ok as free ships go and no more. Hold your money for a proper Mudd bundle with gamble ship unlocks or wait for sale and buy a mudd bundle you missed.

This is shameful Cryptic.
  • ee3452pee3452p Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I can only agree. These three ships are event ships, and nice to have. But seriously, putting them together in a Mudd's Bundle is WAY overpriced even compared to other overpriced Mudds Bundles.

I could see Cryptic putting the three ships together for 9000 Zen as a C-Store bundle, but this, at least IMO is overpriced.

BTW, regarding the Mega bundle:
    "The Mudd's MEGA Forged Alliance Bundle is a one stop purchase to obtain all eight items in the pack at once! The pack contains all eight items, no choices needed."

I see only 7 items. This seems to be a copy-paste error.

What I would want is a 75% Mudd Bundle sale to happen on a regular basis, that would put the items in there in an acceptable price range.

To this bundle I can only say: shame yourself, Cryptic, shame yourself.
    A zero cost way for Cryptic to finance and expand the foundry

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1247522/foundry-sunset-april-11th-2019/p15

Look at my post about a Foundry Ship

BRING BACK THE FOUNDRY!
  • lexelot#4545 lexelot Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

Since apparently it is considered trolling to provide feedback in the form of a question, please let me rephrase:

When posted, this article showed November 22nd as the date of launch. This is clearly a mistake and as there were numerous other typos in this post and numerous errors in previous recent posts, my constructive feedback would be to please take the time to review, re-read, and edit your articles before they are published to the site. Thank you.
    Post edited by lexelot#4545 on
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

Nope! :P

This is another bundle I have no interest in as well. Can we get the Neo Constitution now, please?
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    husanakx wrote: »
    This is by far the worst thing you guys have ever done. These where event ships. I know you guys sell event ships in mudds... and ok put these in there one at a time if you want like all the other event ships... but a mudd bundle ? REALYY

I hope no one that missed these events is stupid enough to buy these ships. If your a newer player that missed these ships and you are reading this. DO not buy this, these ships are free ship level and are ok as free ships go and no more. Hold your money for a proper Mudd bundle with gamble ship unlocks or wait for sale and buy a mudd bundle you missed.

I don't know that Carrier is one of the most popular Carriers in game for the console and Alliance pets and as far as I recall there are no way to get the console or pet for new players or new toons. It seems like a good idea to include that one.

The main reason I wont buy this pack is is I refuse to spend any more money with the poor state the The 13th Anniversary Terran Bundle pack is in and the state of blogs which are consistently put out in a poor state.

The HYDRA console and trait still have not been fixed. I am fed up of spending money on items that never get fixed or bundles that have missing items along with blogs that have not had the most basic proof reading. If that's how we are going to be treated its time to stop spending money.
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    husanakx wrote: »

I don't know that Carrier is one of the most popular Carriers in game for the console and Alliance pets and as far as I recall there are no way to get the console or pet for new players or new toons. It seems like a good idea to include that one.

The main reason I wont buy this pack is is I refuse to spend any more money with the poor state the The 13th Anniversary Terran Bundle pack is in and the state of blogs which are consistently put out in a poor state.

The HYDRA console and trait still have not been fixed. I am fed up of spending money on items that never get fixed or bundles that have missing items along with blogs that have not had the most basic proof reading. If that's how we are going to be treated its time to stop spending money.

Regardless if it has something good on it or not its still a free event ship. I have no issue with these being sold in mudds. Mudds has plenty of old event ships in the store. They just don't try to bundle them for more then they are worth.

These should have been in a mudd 3 pack (only option) for 18k before discount. These are still just event ships. Better yet being event ships they should have just added them each on their own to Mudds... for the same price they have done previous event ships like the T'pau.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Mudd is bringing you the ships of the Khitomer Alliance on PC!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11537903

Got them all from events and after i got the traits i stopped flying them.
    Good luck to enthusiasts who covet them, but they're not for me.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    I’m actually kinda glad about this. The alliance ships are cool and should be more available. I worry this means we won’t get anymore of these ships in the future. Also the pack should have probably included the uniform instead of keys and fluff. It is a missed opportunity. Also the Mudd packs are still overpriced. Since these are only low-level event ships it would have been nice if they considered reducing the price tag.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited February 2023
    Ouch! The Khitomer Class Battlecruiser has already been made available via Mudd and this just really feels like anyone that already purchased it is being given a middle finger. Not cool.

It's great to see the ships being made available, but in my opinion, this isn't how it should be done.

Edit:
    Sorry, the previous Khitomer Alliance Bundle is just the Shield and Uniform.
    However, I stand by my second statement.
    Post edited by inferiority on
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • yeah, no i already own these
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Wow so overpriced for 3 horrible ships, i wouldnt even pay 50 for all 3.
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    So these ships...

di9nv2xjutpe.gif

Hope you all have a good day and a hearty chortle off this bit of comedy.
  • gerbil#9687 gerbil Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Cut base price by 75% then add a 50% Launch discount on that. or better yet, maybe re-launch all the ship events on a cycle? even the t-5 ones because its fun.
  • missmel#5308 missmel Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2023
    Much much worse value than the 10th anniversary bundle. I won't be buying
    Post edited by missmel#5308 on
  • psycherzpsycherz Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    WHAT THE COMPLETE F?
    Three mediocre ships, at best, for $300?!
    Is this some sort of early April Fools' joke?
  • megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Ah, an early April Fool's joke. I laughed quite a bit.
    Cut base price by 75% then add a 50% Launch discount on that. or better yet, maybe re-launch all the ship events on a cycle? even the t-5 ones because its fun.

Actually, you know what my real problem is? I don't live in the US so these packs are almost 50% more expensive to buy so nothing in this game is worth the money.

• dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    MONEY GRAB! These definitely should have been added to the Phoenix Box...
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I don't post on the forums very much but I've been a captain here since 2015. Personally, I would like the opportunity to obtain the event ships from prior years without having to deal with the gambling of the Phoenix or Infinity boxes. Further, it would be nice to obtain the ships from the Mudd Store so that all of my alts would have access to them.

With the above being said, I do feel that the money that is being asked for this bundle is far too high. I support the game and I understand it's a business, but the cost for these ships, for me anyway, is way over the top.

If the game's current owners want some guaranteed money then put all of the event ships individually for sale at a reasonable price in the Mudd Store and watch the profits roll in.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • exiledhermit#3227 exiledhermit Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    The Alliance ships should've been offered individually & as a package.

The Alliance ships should've had added multiple console, 2 &/or 3, set bonuses.

The lack thereof exposes what Cryptic really thinks of these ships.

• paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Event ships, which if doing the event are free, have always been less desirable than comparable C Store ships and lock box ships. While some of the event ships are quite good with desirable traits and consoles, overall they are usually not as good in the game as 'for sale' or lottery box ships. Which makes this sale at this price point even more ridiculous.

Again, put all of the event ships individually up for sale in the Mudd Store. I'd happily buy a few of the older ones like the Samsar Cruiser or the Breen ships I missed. Easy way to make the bosses some money because I'm certainly not going to gamble for them.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
    Oven $500/USD for the mega pack!? Is the game doing so badly they have to gouge as much money out of its players it can?
  • letterbhi#7852 letterbhi Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2023
    [Spam Post Redacted - rattler]
    Post edited by rattler2 on
This discussion has been closed.