test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited February 2023
    Deunan: So impatient. See? This is why we don't go on road trips. You're always asking "are we there yet" when the purpose is just to cruise around. One of these days I'll just turn us around when you ask that. *teasing tone*

Yea we just landed.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    Clea: I can help you with that, but... bindings are probably not going to help as much as they would on someone like me... *She sighs, looking at Jorin's chest*

Rax: I'm a forgemaster in my own right, I reforged my armor back at the homestead before we left but, I don't really have as much experience uh, forging for someone so well endowed.

Clea: Hey, I think Jaessa wouldn't judge you and Freeman is right.

Samaia: *she gives a teasing look to Jaessa* You know, we can always make more.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,898 Arc User
    jorin: i dont even know if i have a warriors spirit anymore..... i've been so mired in this turmoil of confusion.... i dont know what i am.... or what i want or enjoy... *she says looking down at herself with a frustrated expression* ive lost myself and i dont think i'll ever get it back or be the same again...

kenzie: you've got people looking up to you, just gotta suck it up and find a way to move on yeah? *she says giving jorin an abrasive pat*

jorin: *slowly start to tear up as the built up stress finally boils over, her ears fold down in a pitifuly depressed manner before falling to her knees and sobbing* i cant!

jaessa: lets deal with the first one. im going to be smart about this and not have two at once when i dont know what im doing.... *she say crudely*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,149 Arc User
    Freeman: *sighs* why are you questioning yourself now? Everything you've done, you did it. not somebody else, you. nobody else coulda done it the way you have. your body changing doesn't change that fact.

Eli: *nods and stands* lets go. think she's meeting us down here or do we gotta go to her deck?... if we gotta move, can try to disguise the second her.... and This is different from a road trip. the journey is the point with a road trip, while the point here is the destination... I think we could do a road trip.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Reashe: Jorin, as a member of your clan who's kind of new I have to say that I genuinely don't look at you differently as a leader just because you now have a set of ***s. Its still you in there even if your body has changed.

Clea: Its not just that that's why she's distraught at the moment. *she kneels down and tries to hug Jorin if she lets her*

Samaia: I understand, and I wouldn't want to push you towards having another child if you're not willing. But, I think we're going to be together for a long time, and eventually maybe we'll have things down well enough we can try for a son. *She holds onto Jaessa's hand and gives it a squeeze* There's no rush.
    Krystal: *shifts to werefox form* Happy?
    Deunan: There is one other major difference between the two. One's still a Captain, the other's a Fleet Admiral.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Jorin: it’s not just the changes… everything I thought I was was a lie. My world is burning down and I don’t know what I am anymore….. *she gets up looking miserable and walks to her room* I just need to be alone….

Kenzie: well…. I’m at a loss. She’s an utter wreak…. is there even anything that could help at this point?

Jaessa: I suppose. Are you nervous?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Freeman: You thought what was a lie exactly? and how does that change anything of what you've actually done.

Eli: People are not gonna look at the pips first, then the very face of their captain and just assume its a different person... That is a good disguise though. lets go onward.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Clea: I think she might explain it later, I'm not sure anything we say can help her right now she might need time.

Samaia: Of course, I have every faith we'll manage as parents, but having a child is something I've always looked forward to but been afraid of. Its not so bad here, in my time I'd have had to worry about so many other factors for her upbringing but here... I feel like we can just do our best to raise one. And hey, you know I'm always optimistic.

*After some time, Nephylah manages to get the runabout to the Wormhole and transmits the appropriate clearance for travel before taking Cerys to the Gamma quadrant*
    kenzie: good god... *she says annoyed as she walks over to jorin before she can close the door and grabs her by the collar, throwing her to the ground with aggressive force* you know i was lead to believe that you mandalorians were warriors, strong and proud but you just look like a sniffling mess! is this really how you want your fellows to see you? let alone yer wizard apprentice? who the f*ck cares what you have going on in your pants its YOU that they follow. everyone has been telling your sorry a*s that but you dont listen! and your past it doesnt matter, look at me i was five when i was taken from my parents and thrown into a program that demanded excellence or death, went thru physical and hormonal augmentation to be turned into humanity's shield against the covenant onslaught but you dont see me crying about it do you! now get a f*cking hold of yourself and move on!

*jorin sits there on the ground silently looking up at kenzie wide eyed. its hard to gage her feelings as the raging spartan's words drill into her*

jaessa: not having the empire to deal with is nice. past or present, but ive never had to deal with rivals i guess since i never held much sway in the empire. hated politics and for good reason....

cerys: now head to these coordinates. *she hands nephylah a data pad*
    Freeman: What she said but waaaaay less angry.... and that includes the being taken from my parents part. was more at 12 than 5 though and without the whole noble purpose part. but now isn't the time to get into that though.. *he takes off his helmet and looks at Jorin before walking back to the ship. seku in tow

Eli: *he exits the shuttle, waiting for the other two
    Krystal: *comes out*
    Deunan: *comes out*
    Eli: *starts to make his way to his mother and father's quarters, leading the way unless someone stops him on the way*
    Clea: I covered a lot of that already, but yelling it might get it into her head better.

Rax: *He walks over to Jorin looking down to her* You're a Mandalorian. If you ever truly believed that you are one, then it doesn't matter what changes. Your body, your mind. Whatever happened that made you question your life you. Are. Mando'ade. That doesn't go away.

Samaia: I was able to do a lot of good as head of the Dark Council, but there's a lot of pressure being a leader, and it's not just because a lot of others want to stab you in the back. It's been much easier to relax since I arrived here. And better in other ways. *she smiles and Jaessa can tell she's looking right at her*

Nephylah: This should be far from any Hur'q assaulted areas. *she starts to put in the coordinates, heading to warp again in their new direction* we should be fine but it's not a good idea to linger in one place alone in such a small vessel.
    kenzie: being some experiment isnt ganna change sh*t. now get your a*s up and move damnit!

jorin: *looks away muttering something under her breath with a scowl*

kenzie: *the spartans ear flicks as she puts her hands on her hips arcing over jorin* and you're still a pathetic sack of sh*t wasting everyones time with your temper tantrum. who ever made you mandalorian should be ashamed of themselves cause you're a sad excuse for one and a sad waste of life. *her tone is that of a drill sergeant berating a new recruit*

jorin: *looks down at the ground with tears in her eyes*

kenzie: jesus christ..... *she says resting her face in her hand with a very annoyed sigh* lets just f*cking leave her here....

jaessa: better in other ways? like not dealing with politics? or i guess anything in general. i never really asked before but do you do anything around here? since this galaxy has much more mundane political issues compared to the constant galaxy spanning wars and ideological battles of jedi and sith that ours have.... its almost boring in comparison.

cerys: if i wanted your opinion i would have asked. how long until we arrive? *their destination is deep in uncharted parts of the gamma quadrant*
    Freeman: *sighs, waiting at the ramp of the ship* we're not leaving her because she's going though a rough time. We don't do that. She's still our family and clan. Jorin. Please come on and get some rest.

Eli: walks through the halls of the Lexington with the two others in tow, soon arriving at the quarters if nothing else stops them*
    edited March 2023
    Rax: Hey. *he looks to Kenzie* I understand if you think you need to be harsh on Jorin but don't start insulting other Mandalorians like that. *he says clearly meaning the others* Honor is very important to our people.

*he looks down at Jorin then kneels down beside her* How did you become a Mandalorian? I assume you're a foundling. How did you get inducted.

Reashe: Kenzie, I don't know if all this is a good idea right now. *she holds one of Kenzie's hands trying to lead her to the ship* Lets just get inside and cool off... or warm up I guess.

Clea: *she gets between Kenzie and Jorin* Look, just save it for later yelling isn't gonna change much. I'll get her inside, and then we can worry about this later maybe after everyone rests and eats.

Samaia: *she boops Jaessa's nose* Better because I have a loving partner. As for what I do here, it depends. I was traveling the galaxy with the crew of the Lexington to search for Vitiate, but its been a while since I started spending more time on K-13 I haven't been assisting with the more recent things they've been up to but I was helping them out. The politics here I have learned about but not taken much part in.

Nephylah: Just a warning. *she compares the charts and the coordinates* We should be able to arrive in a couple days, maybe a little longer. I can shorten the trip to an extent but there's only so far we can push the runabout. We might be able to do under 2 days if I can make some modifications to the nacelles to make the engine temporarily more efficient.
    Post edited by westx211 on
    kenzie: just get on the f*cking ship for christ sake! *she says grabbing jorin by the hood of her cloak and launching her into the ship. a loud thud is heard as she smashes into a wall then a second from landing on the ground. with freemans experience with mira and kara in the past he can easily tell that kenzie is flying into a fit of anger typical of her counterparts* freezing my a*s off here. *she says walking onto the ramp angrily muttering to herself*

jaessa: *looks confused by the boop as her head recoils back* what was that for?

cerys: *lets out an impatient sigh sitting down cross legged, arms across her chest* of course it will.... fine then stay the course. *closes her eyes meditating*
    Krystal: Same layout as mine. Then again... both Sovereign classes.
    Freeman: was standing at the top of the ramp with seku, who turned to go get lunch, Jorin slams into him and both of them hit the wall, freeman cushioning jorin from direct wall impact, though it may not matter much with his armor* ouch...

Eli: probably even layed out the same exact way. Think you keep your room in the same place in different universes? *He asks as they come up on the Lexington's captain quarters. Pressing the door chime"
    edited March 2023
    Reashe: *She sighs* I don't know what to do in a situation like this...

Clea: I'll take care of Jorin just, I guess get the medical supplies ready. *She starts to hurry up the ramp to where Jorin fell*

Rax: This whole thing has been a mess. *He adjusts his helmet and follows Reashe up the ramp*

Samaia: Well I like to tease you when you haven't caught on to something I was implying. I think it's cute.

Nephylah: *She nods and gets the auto pilot ready, while she was able to stay here entirely on the way to the wormhole, now she'll need to get some proper rest*

*In the Prime Universe*

Reina: *while cooking dinner for the kids* Where is everyone? It feels like it's been days since I saw Krys...
    Post edited by westx211 on
    jorin: *peels herself off of freeman, resting on her hand and knees as she looks to the ground. her long hair obscuring her face* forgive me freeman.... i've been a fool. i kept second guessing and not allowing myself to realize nothing has changed. no matter how many times it was said my mind would'nt allow it to settle and now i am left a pitiful fool. *she gets up brushing hair out of her face looking at kenzie with a cold anger* i took you in as a guest and friend, fought along side you... you saw me at my weakest and this is how you repay my kindness? by insulting my clan and mandalore as a whole?! by creed i should kill you where you stand....

kenzie: least you have some fire in you now but you dont have the bal- *she cut off by jorin quick drawing a blaster shot into her kneecaps causing her to fall to the ground letting out a pained grunt* f*cking christ whats wrong with you!

jorin: were you expecting me to just take all of that lying down? you insult me, rax and freeman and you think you're walking away? no insulting the honor of a mandalorian only ends one way. *she says pointing her westar at kenzies head*

Jaessa: oh… have you been teasing me this entire time?….
    Freeman: *holds out his hand, trying to force pull the blaster out of Jorin's hand or at least put off the aim* you don't have to do that Jorin. Just let it go, they wanted to fire you up, you're fired up. The Mandalorian in you may wanna strike but the Jedi should let it go *he slowly gets up, keeping his hand steady*

Eli: *presses the door chime again*
    Rax: She may have been insulting, but she's an outside to not only our people, but our galaxy. She barely even knows what a Mandalorian is. *He gets in the way of Kenzie and Jorin* Atleast give the opportunity to educate her on the matter, then if she gives such an insult again its fair game.

Reashe: *she rushes to Kenzie's side* Kenzie! *She looks back to Jorin, getting a bacta patch ready* Please, I know she messed up but she didn't know any better.

Clea: I guess I should've seen this coming...

Samaia: No, I've only teased you whenever I "booped" you. Everything I've said is true, or my thoughts on these matters.
    jorin: *lets out a deep sigh as she holsters her westar* i let the stress of.... everything get to me.... *her expression and demeanor slowly returning to the old stoic and dense jorin from before* apologies for blowing out your knees.... and to everyone for acting like a petulant child...

kenzie: christ when you snap you really snap. anyway im not holding anything against you, i got kind of carried away myself. *she pulls the legs of her pants up to examine the damage. he knees are missing a chunk of flesh but other wise the knee cap and other tendons appear undamaged* calm down rae, it doenst look that bad.... i think.

jaessa: what is the purpose of this "boop"?
    *Door opens, revealing a tired Krystal with messy hair*
    edited March 2023
    Eli: Hello, Mom. *He smiles* sorry for the unexpected visit

Alt Nick: *sitting on a couch inside the quarters* Who is it, Krystal?

Freeman: *sighs relieved * listen, just everybody cool it, chill, alright?
    Alt Krystal: Eli, Dee, and a real live version of Krystal from Star Fox wearing a Starfleet Uniform but with my hair...
    Krystal: That's because I'm you from another universe.
    Alt Krystal: *blank look* If you're me... why the skirt? I hate skirts.
    Krystal: *shows her tail* Pants and tails don't play well together.
    Alt Krystal: Point made. Eli... why the hell did you decide to punch a hole in reality to have me meet myself as a fox?
    Eli: its more complicated then that. She's-

Alt Nick: *has stood up and came over to the door and interrupted Eli* a Werefox, think Like werewolf in the function of shifting. I thought I told you about this, love. That thing that Shaw sent Bri over to and she dragged Romani with her. *he gives eli a deadpan stare* come in please, unless your mother objects that is.
    Alt Krystal: No objections. Still kinda waking up.
    Krystal: *shrug*