test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scan for ground resources?

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,200 Arc User
Back in the day, I could go into exploration zones, and often would get to beam down to a planet to do a mission. Doing so also allowed me to scan anomalies and gather crafting materials.

Now, we have these Endeavours, and today one is to gather materials on the ground.

But WHERE? There's nowhere to beam down, anymore. I went to Defera, to Nimbus 3, to my Dranuur colony, everywhere I could think of... nothing to scan.

So where am I supposed to go to scan for materials?

(I miss the old exploration missions, I actually got to hang with my crew from time to time, it was fun. I practically forget what they look like now.)
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Missions have ground materials too, you don't even have to complete the the mission for it to count.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Sphere of Influence first beamdown has two. I keep that Mission for that Endeavor. One beamdown will handle Easy and Medium. Three beamdowns for Hard. Some people don't like to run into the Main Chamber so they just do the one right at the initial beam in point.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Some people don't like to run into the Main Chamber so they just do the one right at the initial beam in point.

That'll be me! Zero running required. Beam in, harvest, and abort mission. Repeat as required for the endeavour.
  • Options
    alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I have that phavo mission saved at the ground part and just run past all the objectives and in the back with the terran shuttle there are 3 scans to get.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    My go to mission is Cold Comfort. 2 resource nodes with no combat. Easy to pop in, scan, pop out.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.