test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to craft omni beams with special mods [Pen] [Over] etc...

godimasgodimas Member Posts: 70 Arc User
Hey folks

Been trying to get a [Pen] phaser omni beam to craft for about a week not, and I noticed that im not seeing any of the special modifiers appear on them at all. [Over] [Thrust] etc... Every time I successfully roll an Ultra Rare beam (needed for a chance to get one of the special mods) its just one of the standard set [Dmg], [CrtD] etc...

I know you could at one point craft [Pen] mods since I have another character with a [Pen] disruptor beam. So not sure if its a problem with just phasers or will all crafted omnis.

Anyways, my character is Forge@Godimas if you need to make a clone.

Thanks in advance for taking a look!

Comments

• godimasgodimas Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I probably should have checked Spencers youtube videos before wasting all those resources :P

https://youtu.be/sgIrxqmSCsI
  • psychoglorypsychoglory Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I also tried to craft a phaser omni with pen, but I eventually read in the comments in a youtube video that players wished they could craft omnis with unique modifiers. So I was forced to realize it was impossible to craft omnis with unique modifiers.
    Giving this one more poke just to make sure its seen. Still not sure if this is an intentional change or an actual bug. If its a bug and you folks have it in the system already, then amazing. Thank you so much!
    If this was an intentional change, welp, thats a shame. Im hoping its a bug!
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,315 Arc User
    By examining my own crafted Omni's across multiple characters and different energy types, I get the impression that the [Arc] mod takes the place of what could have been [Pen), [Over], etc.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    Maybe, yah.
    You could craft the beams with PEN, OVER, etc.... at one point though. You can still see them in non phaser flavors for amazingly high prices on the exchange. I also have a disruptor omni with PEN on one of my KDF characters. Cant remember if I made that one myself or if it was purchased. But regardless, someone made.