test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steam link account to Arc please!

stormy49stormy49 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2023 in Controls and User Interface
So brand new player here, I started on steam because of some friends wanted me to play. Well I like the game would like it even more if I could get free stuff like my friends... Turns out you can't link a Steam account to arc even though when I click "go to my account" it pulls up my Arc account so... Why can't I access the promo/give away codes that I put into the Arc account? If I want to get any of this free stuff I have to make a new character on Arc and lose all my progress including event items and such on the old account because it doesn't even connect that I have been playing.

Let us link accounts please or at least let us get the codes on steam.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Seconded.

When I installed STO, the game auto-populated my account through my Steam login. There was NOTHING about needing a separate Arc account or any other warning that we would not be eligible for normal promotions or events.

This is incredibly disappointing and frustrating, especially considering the time and effort put into my characters and Zen purchases. Just telling players to "restart" their entire progress is not an acceptable or good solution.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.