test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *shrug*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    Reashe: *She looks them over, checking their pockets but not aiming her weapons at them* If you're civilians then you have nothing to worry about.

Clea: Your existence has all the worth that you make of it. Just like anyone else. Me? I'm the daughter of Jaessa and Oculus, I have worth as their child, and more than that, I define my own value with my actions and decisions. *She shakes her head, looking at Jorin sadly* You know she cares about you even if you weren't born the same way others were. You know Jaessa values you as a sibling. Evelynn too. You might even know that I value you too as my Aunt. You've done so much as the leader of Clan Krayt, you've even got an apprentice you're training, people who follow you for who you are. She might've been responsible for the biological aspects of you, but your personality? Your beliefs? That's all you.

Samaia: Probably not... but whatever comes we'll be together. And I hope to help get through to her.

Nephylah: *The Andorian nods then gestures to the Runabouts down further in the hangar, they're more of the new Yellowstones with a few TOS styled ones that have been upgraded to modern standards* If you don't mind me asking, where are you planning on going? We could head all the way to Bajor, but if you wanted to Visit New Romulus that's a bit of a stretch... definitely possible but we'd be out a lot longer.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,893 Arc User
    Kenzie: how many active soldiers are there and what’s their equipment?

*they have no weapons on them*

Older man: we’re mostly civilians, got some ex army and a few stormtroopers for protection but we’re just a small outpost trying to survive. None of us hold any allegiance to the empire or remnants… they left us to rot here so we’re on our own.

Kenzie: *lowers her rifle looking over to reashe* keep them in your sight gotta figure out what to do with them.

Jorin: at least you weren’t created in a lab. *she says brushing past clea looking agitated and angrily muttering to herself as she looks for an exit* I’m done with this place….

*freeman can hear voices coming from a nearby hall. One of them sounding like kenzie*

Jaessa: one can only hope…

Cerys: take me to this bajor worm hole what you call the gamma. Now where is this shuttle. *the Andorian is compelled to do as cerys asks*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,147 Arc User
    Freeman: *walks towards the voices with Seku* Someone is there.

Eli: to a shuttle! *he stands up... a bit too fast, and falls over*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Deunan: *rolls her eyes before helping him up* You're lucky I love you.

Krystal: *gets up*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Reashe: Can do. But, I think they might be telling the truth, atleast some of the truth. *Reashe relaxes a bit but still keeps an eye on them after her search* Why stick around then, aren't those your ships in orbit? Ilum is only slightly more hospitable than Hoth.

Clea: *she sighs watching Jorin leave before following her deciding that talking won't help much*

*Rax bumps into Clea as they pass by, looking over at Jorin before Clea simply gives him a shush gesture and he joins them on their way*

Samaia: Hope is stronger than you might expect. *she gives a slight boop on Jaessa's nose affectionately* Take it from a former slave.

Nephylah: I... *she shakes her head looking a bit off before nodding, her tone more submissive* Yes, right this way. The worm hole is near Bajor, a common destination though the other side can be dangerous at times, the alliance and the dominion have made sure the exit and entrance are safe. *She leads the way to the runabout, standing obediently and showing Cerys how to enter it*
    edited January 2023
    oldman: in a galaxy that doesnt care if we're ex imperial or not. nah we'd rather take our chances here then be prosecuted for crimes i took no part in....

kenzie: so you'd all rather freeze?

young man: yes. and what are you doing here anyway? with a chiss no less

kenzie: none of your business.

*freeman arrives at the entrance*

jorin: *looks around for an exit but she is lost and frustrated*

jaessa: *her face wrinkles as she is booped, then a more thoughtful expression appears* i suppose you would know.... but i cant help but wonder what she's doing..... ive got a really bad feeling....

cerys: *walks into the shuttle sitting down and handing the andorian a padd* once we clear the wormhole go to these coordinates. *on the padd the destination seems to be in an uncharted section of the gamma quadrant* now go with haste. there isnt much time
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Freeman: *draws his pistol blaster. His helmet's rangefinder folding down* don't think you should be here.

Seku: *Draws her lightsaber, igniting it*

Eli: thank you love, love you too *he gets up* shuttle time, who wants to fly?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Deunan: I'd better fly. You might just reenact Emergency Landing Plan B, and I don't think your mother wants to deal with the resulting damage.
    Reashe: Woah, I don't think we have to escalate this. We're here for our own business. Ilum has a lot of history. But if you really want to go somewhere people won't bother you you might be better off making your way to some place like Hoth. Still a cold planet but it's got a lot of scrap buried in the snow, and isn't some cultural site like Ilum is. It is on the opposite side of the galaxy nearly...

Clea: This way Auntie. *she gestures for Jorin to follow her, her alabaster eye making it easier for her to tell which way leads closer to the entrance*

Rax: Maybe we should've brought bread crumbs?

Samaia: She said it's something to do with Jorin right? Any idea what it could be?

Nephylah: I will put us at the maximum safe warp speed. We can make some use of quantum slipstream for short bursts but this runabout isn't as well equipped for it. We should have enough supplies to make it. *She starts to sound more normal but is definitely under the influence of Cerys still, giving the necessary clearance so they can leave and she plots the course for the wormhole*
    Kenzie: Christ there’s no need for that they’re just civilians. Don’t need to give them a heart attack…

*the three of them collectively freeze in fear*

Frightened woman: o-only the empire has those light blade wielding maniacs *she suddenly squeaks as the younger man snake her over the head

Young man: you idiot do you want them to kill us?!

Jorin: *just sighs and follows putting her hood up*

Jaessa: I did some digging years ago and found he was part of an experimental project. Some sort of super soldier program by the empire but it’s well encrypted and I couldn’t get thru….. what ever this program was its top level secret like only the highest brass and scientists had acces to the notes and program. He doesn’t even remember his time on it but I know he’s not normal by any means…. *she pauses for a moment going to sit down* might want to have a seat this is ganna be a lot to explain.

Cerys: *waits silently until they reach the wormhole*
    Seku: okay drop the act. You're imperial, and you're a long way from the space you're allowed to be. We saw the ships in orbit. *She turns off her lightsaber*

Freeman: *keeps his blaster pistol aimed at them* probably would be best if you left this place. We will have to tell the Republic you're here.

Eli: yeah that's fair. *With the help of Deunan, he heads down to the Shuttlebay* which one we taking
    Deunan: Doesn't really matter.
    Reashe: They're harmless... I think.

Clea: *She arrives a bit after this scuffle has started, with Rax and Jorin somewhere behind her* We have guests?

Samaia: Might as well settle in then I think. *She finds a spot to sit down looking over to Jaessa and nodding* Continue please. *she's thinking back to something that happened a bit ago, considering a possible connection*

*Nephylah does her best to get them at a reasonably fast pace. It will take under a day to get there at their current quick pace, maybe around 12 hours of travel time overall*
    Older man: the destroyers in orbit? Their more wreaks then ships. Give ‘‘em a deep scan you’ll see they barely function. ‘Sides the empire left us to rot were just tryin to survive out here in a galaxy that hates us for past affiliations…

Younger guy: we really are just Civilians. Scientists, archeologists, doctors, engineers. I’m not ganna speak for everyone but I know a fair majority were burned in some way or another by the empire…..

Jorin: *walks up* what’s going on here?

Jaessa: ok so years ago I found Jorin missing his arm in a crater and a pool of his own blood barely alive. When he was recovered enough to recount what happened he said it was a rival of his, veirok…. The two of them beat the ever living TRIBBLE out of each other but Jorin had the worst of it. Veirok was gone by the time I found him…. I never told him this but I took a sample of veiroks blood and they’re an identical match…. It all sort of hit me right then and there that Jorin is a genetically engineered clone…. The thing I don’t understand is why cerys would turn to the empire to have one of her kids cloned… it’s frustrating not knowing her motives… *sighs shaking her head* the whole situation is just one big head ache because that means veirok is my long lost brother and none of us are on speaking terms… I’d sooner rip off his arms and feed them to a nexu….. i’d call him evil incarnate but I’m no saint myself. Jorin still has no idea and I don’t know if I should tell him or not I don’t know how I’d even broach the subject.

*cerys just meditates during the trip*
    Freeman: 'course people hate you for your past associations. You joined up with a Xenophobic, genocidal, authoritarian empire. Some willingly, some more than likely non willingly. My suggestion would be to stand trial, serve what needs to be served and then rejoin society rather than mope around on wrecked star destroyers above a Jedi holy site.

Eli: *nods and climbs into the closest one with Help from Deunan, sitting down* I need to focus on purging the alcohol fully from my system. Some still remains.

Donovan: *still at the K-13 bar*
    Deunan: I swear some days you're as bad as your sister. *chuckles*
    Eli: Which one? I have 3.... 4 if you count Romani as adopted like everyone else seems to.
    Clea: Its not really my place to say because I didn't grow up under the Empire's rule... but Mom would I think suggest something more constructive. Maybe if they could do something to help out the New Republic, as penance it would be better on them than serving time for a government they were less involved in?

Rax: Still might be good to talk with the Republic about it, better than wasting away on an ice world.

Samaia: Jorin is a clone? Veirok... do you think that he might've had something to do with Jorin's injuries when we saw Clea? He was in a really bad shape, and there's not many people I can think of that can rough him up like that.
    older man: talk with them for crimes we never committed? most of us were forced to be here anyway others joined because they thought they could do some actual good in the empire. none of these folks deserve to rot in some republic prison for a simple affiliation with the empire un less you all truly believe that every singe person in the empire is irredeemably evil but the galaxy aint like that, ive seen good and bad in the empire. some folks are conscripted, some just want to help their fellow man, others just need to put food on the table, and some join because they truly believe that the empire can bring stability back to the galaxy. for everyone with good intentions there are others who just want the power to do harm or control everything.

jorin: i should be locked in a cell for all the sh*t ive done for the empire...

young woman: if you all want to condem us for being ex imperials why not have her tried as well? since you want to act all high and mighty! *she point towards jorin*

kenzie: i cant speak for everyone but im not judging you, hell i dont even care about some affiliation or lack there of, who cares if they were with this empire they're not now so just leave them alone. lets just get back to the ship and forget about it.

jaessa: probably tho hes not invinvible hes just really really hard to kill, both him and veirok are.... *she sighs*
    Deunan: Yes.
    Krystal: *laughs*
    edited January 2023
    Seku: Joining the empire to make a difference is like trying to teach a rancor to be a vegetarian. It's only gonna end up consuming you.

Freeman: like p*ssing into the wind and expecting to stay dry. *He sighs* you know what the difference is between you and her? Jorin made a choice to fight for what was right dispite the odds. Done more damage to the empire the she could have from the inside. All it seems like you did was make the choice to side with the most evil force in the galaxy so it can chew you up and spit you out. So you can hide and cower then point the finger against someone that actually did something, when you could have fought for freedom and democracy yourselves and avoided a trial. And... Some of you are officers as that. If you were enlisted and conscripted that's more forgivable, but you put on the uniform of officers. That is collaboration. That is compliance. *He sighs, his expression hidden by his helmet" If you don't wanna stand a fair trial, then go to remnants space. More than likely if you were the bottom of the barrel of the empire you're getting off lightly with the Republic though. More than likely just gotta help them out with what you know. There is a choice to be made still.

Eli: fair.... Now flying time. *He closes his eyes and starts to focus*
    Clea: I don't think it's worth pressuring them about. They're kind of harmless here. *she looks towards the civilians again* I have to say though, you should expect more company in the future. This is a religious site after all.

Rax: *He sighs* I'm ready to go when you guys are.

Samaia: Fair point. I worry for Clea's safety then. She is our daughter so I'm sure she's capable of protecting herself, but still... *she nibbles on her own thumb*
    jorin: im really not in the mood to deal with this.... *she says before walking out*

kenzie: *shrugs* this was kind of boring.... didnt even get to see any ghosts or go on a hallucination quest.... *she says making her way out of the temple*

older gent: theres a lot of work to do and it looks like yer fellows are heading out.

jaessa: i cant even begin to guess the damage this has caused in the future even if it was unintentional. even so im not worried over a child that isnt yet born. call me cold or uncaring but i dont really have a reason to worry over some one whos basically a stranger to me. sure she will be my daughter years in the future but i know nothing about her. even at that is this future set in stone or ever changing? something could happen to me or you i could die before giving birth, the baby could end up a boy, who knows. a whole number of unknown possibilities are out there. maybe the very act of returning to the past will cause the fabric or reality to unravel causing you and i to vanish with out a trace..... *she pauses for a moment* im getting a bit existential here... anyway, i wouldnt worry since there is no use in worrying over a future that we may or may never see..... tho clea isnt a name id go with. must've been your pick.
    Deunan: *flies over to Lexington*
    Freeman: You still have a choice to make. *he walks off with the others*

Seku: got a week tops. *she follows freeman*

Eli: *takes a deep breath and opens his eyes* Okay... Think I'm better. mostly..
    Deunan: *smirk* Nope. You're still the same Eli.
    Rax: How'd your quest go? *He looks at Freeman as they continue walking*

Clea: Where do we go from here... we're done with ilum but I feel like we still have unfinished business.

Samaia: *she has an expression as if she doesn't truly believe that Jaessa isn't worried about her, though she is unaware of Jaessa's checking in on Clea, she does remember when they met her the regret Jaessa felt realizing what she had done to their daughter at some point in the future* That's all a possibility, but remember dear, everything is as the force wills it. I doubt we would have gotten the chance to meet her if there wasn't something this all we were meant to experience. I think its helped you a bit getting to see her. Something tells me we will have a wonderful daughter, and get to see all the joys that brings. *She smiles* And I think Clea is short for something, maybe we compromised on her name?
    jorin: freeman has his crystal now so building the saber is checked off. and due to certain events i will need to find a forge master to reforge my armor since it is far to large now.... *she says poking at her chest* these are going to be a problem.... why do they have to be so... in the way of everything...

kenzie: you make due. but you're pretty well endowed so uuh good luck with that.

jorin: dank farrik.... *she says with a sad meow before coming to a realization* i cant let jaessa and the others see me like this..... how would i even explain it to her! or the clan for that matter.... *she makes her way to the ship and walking up the ramp feeling dejected.*

jaessa: im not really sure what its short for or why either of us would choose it. honestly i was hoping for a boy.... i even had a name in mind and everything but i guess such is life.
    Freeman: Does it matter? You're still our leader. we follow you regardless of your body. its your warrior's spirit we follow. as for the others. they're you're family as much as your clan is. They will still care about you.

Seku: what he said *she shrugs and heads to the ship*

Eli: Yeah I'd hope so. I'm less drunk is what i meant... so are we here?