test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Medical coat

spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
It would be nice if the ship's medical officer could wear it, and not just the captain!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• michael#8928 michael Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    It would be nice if the ship's medical officer could wear it, and not just the captain!

Gotta agree! I was disappointed I couldn't put my doctor in it.
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I also have to agree. I was so hyped to put my doctor in it, but it was sadly not to be.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    From this weeks livestream notes:

* Jarrod (new Exec Producer) is looking into making the new medical coat work for BOFFs. Its a bit more complicated then most outfits since it isn't set up like a regular outfit.

I dunno why it was developed differently? Perhaps a new technique being applied to costume development? I will also look forward to future patch notes addressing it.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    The Boffs Men can use, it is in the chest option although it is in a state that you cannot use it very clipped, it is not available for women, which bothered me a lot since most of my medical Boffs are women.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    While I'm glad they released the Medical Coat, having it in its own Section (Uniform, Off Duty, etc.) does limit what can be mixed/matched with it. Also what you can mix/match is inconsistent between races, and gives me the impression that this was somewhat thrown together at the last minute as part of the event, along with Beverly's hairstyle, which is a welcome addition.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • kabilarkabilar Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    The Medical coat outfit is awesome but sadly not available for Boffs. Beverly wears the TNG outfit in the show. She is a officer, not the captain.

I hope the devs will look at it and make the Boffs can wear the outfit.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    kabilar wrote: »
    The Medical coat outfit is awesome but sadly not available for Boffs. Beverly wears the TNG outfit in the show. She is a officer, not the captain.

I hope the devs will look at it and make the Boffs can wear the outfit.

Another disappointing detail I noticed: neither of the coats can be used with any of the TNG uniforms even though one of them is clearly labeled as 'TNG Medical Coat'.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Another disappointing detail I noticed: neither of the coats can be used with any of the TNG uniforms even though one of them is clearly labeled as 'TNG Medical Coat'.

Uh... not true. Can wear it with the TNG Series and Movie uniforms.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

I'll have to double check, but when I was briefly playing with it last week I'm pretty sure I only saw the Odyssey, STO launch era, and Terran uniforms as options.
    eaY7Xxu.png

These are the only options I have for uniform top when I have the medical coat selected:
    zg9flybdzcuc.png
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Are the options different for female characters then?

09x7tmbar4za.png
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

09x7tmbar4za.png

Possibly, I've only done the mission on one character so far though so I can't check on any others. Male characters and boffs also have the Terran coat available in the chest gear slot as well, but that's definitely an unintended bug considering the amount of clipping it causes.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User

09x7tmbar4za.png

Looks like it, I can't say for sure as I've not tried on a male toon yet (even though my only "medical" themed character is male)
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    The terren empire badge that is seen on dr Crusher is missing.
    darthorici wrote: »
    The terren empire badge that is seen on dr Crusher is missing.

True. The only one I have access to is the Discovery era one. I do have last years Anniversary Bundle, which does come with that badge, but it still isn't an option on the lab coat.
This discussion has been closed.