test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

please let us pick what officers are on bridge

whistlerdavidwhistlerdavid Member Posts: 416 Arc User
im not sure how it works on pc but on console you cannot choose what officers are on bridge. i got legendary pack just for the officers. so Cryptic if you see this can you make it so we can pick who is on the bridge? would be nice to go on my Intrepid and see the voyager officers on it. i am on playstation
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,995 Arc User
    I think primarily it is who is in your away team (with a few exceptions) that appear on your bridge.
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    I think primarily it is who is in your away team (with a few exceptions) that appear on your bridge.

    Actually, nobody on my away team is on my bridge.
  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,340 Arc User
    mattingly1 wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »
    I think primarily it is who is in your away team (with a few exceptions) that appear on your bridge.

    Actually, nobody on my away team is on my bridge.

    On PC, you can select Bridge Officers to be 'head of department' of sorts in the Doff screen. You cannot do this on Console, so this may be part of the reason, but I do have my Boffs on my bridge on both PC and XB, most likely because I have alot of Boffs in my rosters.
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    leemwatson wrote: »
    mattingly1 wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »
    I think primarily it is who is in your away team (with a few exceptions) that appear on your bridge.

    Actually, nobody on my away team is on my bridge.

    On PC, you can select Bridge Officers to be 'head of department' of sorts in the Doff screen. You cannot do this on Console, so this may be part of the reason, but I do have my Boffs on my bridge on both PC and XB, most likely because I have alot of Boffs in my rosters.

    That doesn't appear to impact it, either. The NPCs on my bridge seem to be composed of a) the people I have slotted into BOFF stations on whichever ship I am playing, and b) the earliest officers I recruited (so, after I dismissed the junk BOFFs I received at the start of the game, the first 3 I picked up to replace them 'flesh out' the ranks of who I see on the bridge).
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Personally I'd prefer it if they released more content where we can use our Boffs. The last few episodes didn't involve our away teams at all and most zones allow for taking only one or two officers with you. Which is kind of strange, considering they also released elite tokens for them.

    I get that players want to see the Boffs they spent time and resources on while creating their own crew. But how often do we visit our bridges? To me, they don't really matter there.

    I think it would be better to invest dev time and resources into allowing us to use them more often while playing the game.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

    [3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Personally I'd prefer it if they released more content where we can use our Boffs. The last few episodes didn't involve our away teams at all and most zones allow for taking only one or two officers with you. Which is kind of strange, considering they also released elite tokens for them.

    Good point. I would take this a step farther and add that we should be able to direct our BOFFs to do more things on ground missions as well. Seems very silly to me that as Captain of my ship, I cannot direct my Science Officer to scan something or perform some sort of scientific analysis, have my Engineer go build or repair something and such. More often than not, it is the Captain and Captain alone doing everything while our officers are just background filler.
    I get that players want to see the Boffs they spent time and resources on while creating their own crew. But how often do we visit our bridges? To me, they don't really matter there.

    I think it would be better to invest dev time and resources into allowing us to use them more often while playing the game.

    There is a rather large and thriving RP community in STO that would disagree with you. Having more to do on the bridge and inside our ships would be a welcome update. As I said earlier, so much of Star Trek took place aboard a ship. Seems weird that hardly anything at all happens on ours. I am guessing it could be cheaper to do as well since you could design an interior and reuse it over and over for various missions aboard the ship rather than designing all new alien environments for each new story arc.

    Yeah it would definitely be nice if they could act a bit more autonomous and take some of the more menial tasks out of our hands.

    There is that one episode aboard Sela's freighter where it happens - which was the first time I think, but also the last.

    As for the rest: I'm not opposed to them working on fixing this issue. If something, some sort of content or other activities were also to take place there indeed.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

    [3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    I agree with others - it's low priority, but it shouldn't be no priority... same thing goes for 90 percent of the bridge designs in this game - where the ceilings of the rest of the ship are like 20 feet tall. That wouldn't take that much to fix (and we know it's not some kind of technical hurdle, since the ceiling heights on all the bridges that are modeled on actual Trek vessels are just fine), yet it's been an issue basically since launch.
  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,340 Arc User
    mattingly1 wrote: »
    I agree with others - it's low priority, but it shouldn't be no priority... same thing goes for 90 percent of the bridge designs in this game - where the ceilings of the rest of the ship are like 20 feet tall. That wouldn't take that much to fix (and we know it's not some kind of technical hurdle, since the ceiling heights on all the bridges that are modeled on actual Trek vessels are just fine), yet it's been an issue basically since launch.

    It is a technical issue though, and as Dev's have said, it's due to limitations with the camera view. All bridges are typically higher onscreen than corridors, and in-game the corridors are always higher to accomodate the camera.
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • mattingly1mattingly1 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    There are... other problems, too.

    pwzxn9hgssn6.png
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    To be honest, I'm ok with how big the older bridges are.

    Yeah, they may look like they were built for giants - but I certainly prefer them over the very small Voyager interior for example.

    If anything new were designed, something between those two extremes would be best, in my opinion.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

    [3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.