test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best sources for Purple Technicians (A2B)?

vedauwoovedauwoo Member Posts: 215 Arc User
On a whim, I withdrew 10 million ec from my account bank with the idea of picking up a couple of purple technicians to help my A2B build.....and whoa....can't even afford one with 10 mil.....lol

So, other than B'Tran, where are some sources to find them? And....is B'Tran repeatable somehow for more than one?

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    Which is why B'Tran is so nice lol. You can get as many as you want. It just takes a bit of time to camp out.

Sometimes I ran out of large hypos doing grounds so an account bank can help with stuff like that.

After doing the X/7 assignments (and getting the free blue technician) and going for the actual purple techs have a look at what the game is selecting for duty officers. I found sometimes things could be tweaked a bit in the direction of critical success versus success.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Is one reason why I value the command ships as long as it's got a LC commander for reroute from life support there's no need for those doffs or aux2bat. Especially ships like the Legendary Vor'cha there is completely no reason to use aux2bat. So, you pay the tax to faceroll the keyboard or use your brain and learn the command rotation with the lingering effects that do the same thing.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    B'tran will be much more frustrating then how people describe it.. fair warning.

Yes, you can get Purple Techs from a critical success on the repeatable, but even then, they are not guaranteed and the mission can be sparse in it's availability. When you account for the fact that you need 3 of them.. it's actually a pretty terrible overall experience that can take months.

Lets put it this way.. there is a reason why they cost so much on the exchange, they are a pain to obtain. I don't normally endorse just 'throwing money at the game,' but in this case.. buy a 10 pack of keys.. sell them, and buy the techs.

Farming B'Tran sucks.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • chiperionchiperion Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Feds - and only them, for some Q-forsaken reason - get aux2batt Technicians from reaching various commendation levels in Engineering, from Lt Ferra. The purple one is Tuziar, if memory serves (you get a green, a blue and a purple). If you're up for some gambling, https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Holonovel_Storage_Device will give you a doff mission which can reward Horatio (a purple Technician)... but, honestly, however painful it, well, most certainly is, B'Tran will still be needed if one is space-poor. If not, just get some from the Exchange.
  • thaedaristhaedaris Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Alternatively, you could also try using the Photonic Officer skill on any ship that has at least a Lt. Science station.

It won't need any of those extremely expensive Technician DOff so it should save you millions of EC in your build.

Cheers! :smile:
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    You necro’ed the thread, dude. Posting on threads older than a month old is against the forum rules in order to prevent outdated information from being regurgitated endlessly. Don’t worry about it though. Pretty much everyone on here does it on their first post.
    That being said, You aren’t right a photonics officer build is an alternative to s pure six to bat build. Nowadays we haven’t the “broimler effect” trait which also reduces the cooldown timer. A moderator will likely close the thread soon.