test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would anyone mind rating my Nandi Beam boat please?

bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
edited December 2022 in The Shipyard
It had taken about a year to build lol. has 7/8 Ferenginar beams on it and one Omni beam, full set Nandi/D'Kora consoles and the Maquis Raider console. tm3kosbs604t.png
klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    /moved to The Shipyard for greater visibility.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    bcstar wrote: »
    It had taken about a year to build lol. has 7/8 Ferenginar beams on it and one Omni beam, full set Nandi/D'Kora consoles and the Maquis Raider console. tm3kosbs604t.png

Before I proceed further, what is your overall goals with the ship? Are you wanting more of a tank build or more of a dps build with the ship? my advice will be tailored to what you're looking to do with the ship. beyond that all I can do is offer generalized suggestions.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    It looks cool. I didn’t know there were Ferengi-specific beam weapons. I had been using phasers or spiral disrupters. I don’t know what you mean by “rate,” nor do I know what those tactical consoles are. If you wanted to maximize your dps vulnerability locators may be better. Also you don’t seem to be using competitive engines and reputation components like your shields and warp core.

Overall rating: super-cool
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    There might be practical limits to the number of specialty and "clicky" consoles that can be used to good effect on a build.

I think the Nandi is nicely set up nicely for an energy build in conjunction with Photonic Officer 2 for cool down reduction of bridge officer abilities.

For energy based builds, a ship's tactical console slots are often filled with energy specific tactical consoles.

The final tactical or universal console slot can be filled with the Lorca Console from the Discovery reputation.

From the wiki's Critical Hit List, some other good choices to fill in other areas is the Temporal Disentanglement Suite (from the storyline), and the Assimilated Module or Zero Point Energy Conduit (from reputations).

One set that comes to mind for disruptor is the two piece House Martok Skirmisher Configuration set including the Omni and engineering console. With two pieces the bonus is +2.5 critical chance.

For things like space and reputation traits, try to pick anything that mentions CrtH, CrtD, and bonus damage i.e. Fleet Coordinator.

If more "tank" is needed try something like Energy Refrequencer, and/or two pieces of the Discovery reputation space set (often the shield and warp core) for the increased hull regeneration.

Some sample bridge officer abilities based on the selection of beams as the primary weapons..

hgl4xzx6fwn7.jpg
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    OP, you've only listed part of your Build. What Traits are you using? What BOffs are you using? A picture of the ship and gear does not tell me enough to be able to "Rate" your build. Further, "Rate" it in comparison to what?

I'm truly not trying to be snarky here. If you'd like a critique which will improve your build and make it more enjoyable to play, I'm all for that. But I'd rather not just type generic advice. "Free advice is seldom inexpensive" and sometimes, "The answer is more dangerous than the question."
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    Sometimes generic advice can go a long way in making a ship more enjoyable to play.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    I'm strongly opposed to generic advice. Because around here, it usually requires something which is currently not available or is hideously expensive on the Exchange. So despite how it is written, it always reads the same to me which is:
    "Hey, Player! If you'll spend about $500.00 or so, you can make the ship do __!"

Whales with too much free time and access to large amounts of disposable cash to spend on this game nearly caused me to stop playing STO years ago. Because all the "advice" they offered started with spending RL money. I was stupid enough to listen to them back then. When I came to my senses, I swore not to follow their lead when handing out advice here.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
    edited December 2022
    Some examples of generic advice for energy weapon builds..
    • choose a single energy type i.e. phaser, disruptor, polaron, etc
    • pick beams or cannons + turrets, add a single torpedo if desired (optional)
    • use energy specific tactical consoles in tactical console slots
    • set power levels to the attack preset
    • Emergency power to weapons, always
    • use cooldown reduction for your bridge officer abilities i.e. Photonic Officer 2 or 1
    • look for space traits and (storyline or reputation) consoles that offer CrtD, CrtH, and bonus damage