test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clothing Clipping Issues

michellelm#8356 michellelm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2022 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Greetings and salutations! To whom it may concern, I am creating this discussion to address the following issues. The issues are minor to massive clothing pieces clipping/turning body parts invisible. Some of which are behind a $200.00 USD pay wall IE: Terran Outfit's from the 12th Anniversary Bundle where not only they clip but as you can see in one of the photos it makes the whole upper body region invisible for the most part. That is not acceptable, nor should it be ignored since it is a paid product and not 100% completed. The restrictions of clothing modifications using the in game 'Tailor' method also should be revised, overhauled, and optimized to say the least. I along with other players in my position may not spend thousands of dollars into the game but it doesn't make our voice that much less to be taken into serious consideration. I myself have spent a fair chunk of money into Star Trek Online and encourage the developers or whoever is in charge of that to look at my transactions on this account and you will see that even casual spenders do in fact add up over time. The other note I'd like to add to this is the fact that most if not all badges don't sit flush with clothing as they just float with very noticeable gaps. Meanwhile the advertised product looks perfect in comparison which is borderline false advertisement. I understand the human support numbers for Star Trek Online as a whole is very low so things take much longer time to get 'fixed' however the same can be said about SWTOR where they too are low staffed but yet the game looks a lot better, and the outfits look like there was a lot of time and effort into developing them and selling them off to players or just giving them away for free via events. There are even game performance bugs and such that have been in Star Trek Online since day one just about and they all have been reported in the past but instead we are assisted by boring scripted bot like emails with irrelevant troubleshooting methods that the bugs themselves have nothing to do with client said errors, but developer overlooked errors instead. I encourage Devs to play the game so they too can experience the bugs and other issues so they can finally be put to rest. Star Trek Online has already lost a big portion of its gaming community over the years due to oversight support and development practices it is only a matter of time for the next wave to leave turning the game into a ghost town. This is not about sides of heavy to non-paying spenders for C -Store items this is about the gaming community as a whole. So, let's do Gene Rodenberry a favor in his honor and others who have helped make this game feel more authentic by finally addressing these issues and treating the player base as though we coexist because that is the whole concept of Star Trek and its entirety.

[In Addition] I have a friend who is also encountering tailor issues, and this is the error: — Today at 10:42 AM
"I've rename bug, keeps saying [System]Outfit uses invalid parts" Today at 10:43 AM
"all my outfits have same name now >.<"

ne46znur2den.png

r8y64tkb5kbc.png

o0hiytnczwo9.png

u46eupojiji1.png

ksc0u11m1la6.png

12xvq5t3apbv.png

p87wyhx2096h.png

zlqtar82nviz.png
Post edited by michellelm#8356 on

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited December 2022
    There are many threads on clipping issues, many have or are being addressed so sit patiently and they will get sorted. How long it will take I can't say. As I said just be patient. Some can actually fix yourself by playing around with the body depth etc settings. For example the comm badges on the first images, try reducing breast size. The same for the clothing issue in image 5.
  • michellelm#8356 michellelm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    There are many threads on clipping issues, many have or are being addressed so sit patiently and they will get sorted. How long it will take I can't say. As I said just be patient. Some can actually fix yourself by playing around with the body depth etc settings. For example the comm badges on the first images, try reducing breast size. The same for the clothing issue in image 5.

I have done body slider fixtures and the result is still the same. It has been a issue for a long time now and should be taken more seriously instead of nerfing a speed boost from a cat charm when people have paid for outfits with out of pocket money or dil to zen grinding.