test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seeking Build Advice for Fleet Temporal Science Vessel

devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 222 Arc User
edited December 2022 in The Shipyard
I am asking for build advice for Temporal Agent Science officer. The ship is the Fleet Temporal Science Vessel T6-X.

I have included the STO Skill Planner link below. There are a few items I was unable to slot into the planner, so please read the notes.

I know I need to make some improvements. I'm open to suggestions for new equipment, retraining skills, and changing traits.

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. Go boldly.

https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/2a3e6cabda650ef78d725b704a01fc84
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    /moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Here's a few examples of things that can be done in different ways. They're just designed to be food for thought.

Going by your skill tree it looks like it's designed to be very sturdy. This can be good up to a point and of course you have to adapt any suggestions to what works well for you as the Captain of the ship.

Sometimes by adding a good source of cooldown reduction to get boff abilities available more often it's possible to go a little lighter in the skill tree as both the sources of damage (offensive science, temporal, and tactical boff abilities) and heals (defensive boff abilities) are available for use more often.

Here's a photo of your ship's boff stations with just two changes to try out.

The first is the addition of Photonic Officer 2 in place of Transfer Shield Strength 3. All that's needed is to fire it off just prior to engaging the enemy and starting your attack. The difference it can make is amazing.

The second is the adding another offensive EPG related source of damage, in this case Very Cold In Space from the winter event store. Using it after your Gravity Well has gathered up some enemies can do a fair bit of damage.

dwphg55gw3c1.jpg

Here are two examples of exotic damage skill trees that seem to work pretty good.

The first is very damage focused. Yes, there are two points not allocated so as to allow for some fine tuning later -

https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/fa25120ebf8432e41c0db9e890c29f44

The second is what should be a very sturdy exotic damage skill tree -

https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/76915395dca53519245fd03cc18e8e75

There's no need to respec but just have a look at other ways of getting the job done. If you play on PC a visit to the Tribble Test Server can be a good way of experimenting with things.
  • Options
    devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    Thanks for the comments. Yes, I have invested quite a bit in survivability. I’m not a fan of glass cannon builds. I’d rather have something that can take a beating as well as give it.

Honestly, I’ve never tried Photonic Officer, but the way you describe how to use it makes me interested. I’m also very anxious to see how Very Cold In Space works out.

If Photonic Officer works out, then some of my defensive skill points will certainly be redundant, so I’ll also look at the skill point suggestions you offered. Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    There might be some limits to how much survivability it's practical to invest in with a skill tree before diminishing returns kick in, as well as the possibility of leaving other areas of the tree underserved.