test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tenavik's Counsel doesn't apply to Terran Empire Sonic Weapons.

raszulraszul Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Terran Empire Sonic Weapons apply a Physical DOT on their attacks.

Tenavik's Counsel applies an Antiproton DOT whenever you either a) deal Antiproton damage or b) apply a DOT to an enemy.

Thus I'd expect Tenavik's Counsel to apply whenever I hit a target with a Terran Empire Sonic Weapon.

Testing has shown that this does not seem to be the case with either the Pistol or the (promo) Rifle.
Further testing with a combat log parse confirmed that not to be the case with the Pistol.

My assumption is that since the Terran Empire Sonic Weapons do not apply a debuff-icon to their targets when they apply their DOT that Tenavik's Counsel can't 'detect' the DOT and thus won't trigger its own application.
Tagged:

Comments

• husk10#9106 husk10 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    Tenavik's Counsel doesn't apply a DOT with the Terran Empire Sonic Weapons simply because contrary to what their tool tip says, they simply don't apply a Physical DOT on every shot. In fact, they rarely apply a Physical DOT but when they do a debuff icon does indeed appear. So either the Terran Empire Sonic Weapons are not correctly applying the DOT as the tool tip says or there's a missing proc percentage in the tool tip.