test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nice thing about energy torpedoes

chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
So my red personal endeavour for the day was to do 500K Disruptor damage. Normally, I'd have to reply on beams and cannon, with torps not helping.

But my Orion Engineer captain is flying an Aghamas MM Surveillance vessel, and using a Nausicaan beam & torp, plus a couple crafted Disruptor arrays and an omni. I hopped into the Swarm TFO, and had the 500k Disruptor damage before the first refugee vessel appeared.

I'm not saying this represents any great accomplishment on my part, just observing that the Nausicaan energy torpedo is helpful. I really don't need to hear about how top players would do 500K in 3 seconds with a white MKII, so spare us all, please.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    The best thing about those energy torpedoes, in my opinion: they look nice.

I've got a character dedicated to using as many different ones as possible at the same time. Works quite well for endeavours indeed, but the build in general is pretty effective and fun to play too. And you don't even need to switch characters or gear if you have multiple 'deal x damage' endeavours.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Agreed. Sometimes if I don't want to swap ships to the energy endeavor, I'll just put whichever torpedo has the energy type.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Yeah, just swapping a weapon or two is pretty handy for Endeavors if you're not swapping entire Loadouts or ships for them. Energy torps work decently well I suppose in that function, so long as they're cheap or free, but I wouldn't plonk down the Lobi for a Tetryon or grab anything from Mudds versus just using a couple of spare energy weapon drops from Reputations or a cheapy drop off the Exchange and doing a Patrol.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    That extra damage is handy, but as @tom61sto mention if you keep mark II loot drops and rep box gear in your bank it's easy to switch types. My KDF recruit who is ever so slowly working on the reputation point task (any year now!) does that and also has a full set of Discovery beam damage consoles to swap in since one set works for all beam types.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I have access to the AP, Phaser, and Polaron Torpedoes as well, and I agree that they are great for spikes during damage type endeavors. But out of all the current Energy Torpedoes, the Disruptor Torpedo is the most widely accessable due to being a mission reward, alongside the Polaron Torpedo from the Gamma arc.

The only downside to them is when you run into Aceton Assimilators. Since they are also Energy and not Kinetic, they don't destroy Aceton Assimilators. They actually feed them like normal energy weapons.

Gorn sometimes drive me nuts with those things, ESPECIALLY if I'm flying a carrier.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I have access to the AP, Phaser, and Polaron Torpedoes as well, and I agree that they are great for spikes during damage type endeavors. But out of all the current Energy Torpedoes, the Disruptor Torpedo is the most widely accessable due to being a mission reward, alongside the Polaron Torpedo from the Gamma arc.

The only downside to them is when you run into Aceton Assimilators. Since they are also Energy and not Kinetic, they don't destroy Aceton Assimilators. They actually feed them like normal energy weapons.

Gorn sometimes drive me nuts with those things, ESPECIALLY if I'm flying a carrier.

The AA used to be a real favorite of mine for solo play, but they nerfed it for players, while it's still potent for NPC's. Just because.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User

I got phaser and plasma torps, where does one get polaron ones? :o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

I believe its the last mission in the Gamma arc. Part of a set that also includes a rather unique Polaron Omni Turret. It changes based on what firing mode you use. You activate FAW, it turns into an Omni Beam. You use Rapid Fire, its a Turret.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User

I believe its the last mission in the Gamma arc. Part of a set that also includes a rather unique Polaron Omni Turret. It changes based on what firing mode you use. You activate FAW, it turns into an Omni Beam. You use Rapid Fire, its a Turret.

Yes, it is the torpedo from the Morphogenic Armaments set from the mission "Home".
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User

Yes, it is the torpedo from the Morphogenic Armaments set from the mission "Home".

*Grabs notepadd*
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The ship my current Captain is using has loadouts for each energy type beyond the normal build (and one for Sector Speed for the Tour). Each has an appropriate Energy Torpedo. I only need to change ships when I want to level a new one.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.