test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Questions on weapon mods

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
saw in another thread that the advanced phasers from the Donnie are better that normal phasers. i did some testing, and i did indeed see a gain of some 15% DPS. to make it as close as I could I crafted mk XII phaser beam arrays, and re-engineered advanced beam arrays from the Dmg x3 to match the mods on the crafted beam arrays.
I'm satisfied the Advanced are the way to go, but what are the best mods? both the captain ans the ship have a less than 7% chance to crit, so I am thinking maybe one mod be ACC and another CrtH, with the third mod CrtD or DMG. going to UR, another CrtH, and at epic, something like AC/DM, CrtH x2 Crt? and a DMG?

thoughts?
Spock.jpg

Comments

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    The 7% CrtH seems low. I took a level 65 tactical captain into non-sector space and stripped off anything that gives CrtH (tactical consoles, deflector, other consoles, SRO bridge officers) and was still left with about 20 %. My endeavor rank is 161 (+5.5 CrtH) but am unsure whether or not this is shown in ship's stats.

My understanding is that any combination of CrtD and Dmg is still the way to go. They're what I've been using for quite a while now and seem to work pretty well. Along those lines CrtD/Dmg would be a nice choice for an epic modifier.

Would still slot the Terran Task Force phaser beam array from reputation.

Edit: 20% CrtH -5.5 endeavor - 5 precision space reputation trait rank two -1 skill tree weapons specialization 2pts vs 3pts = we are around the same after looking under the hood for a few more things.
    Post edited by protoneous on
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    in earth orbit

aeodc70gtdd0.png
    wswud7fulu4h.png

i have no idea why crit chances are so low
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2022
    The ground stats aren't going to display properly while in non-sector space.

On your ship...

The space reputation trait Precision will add 4-5 CrtH (rank 1 or 2)

Weapons Specialization in the skill space skill tree adds 2, 3.4, or 4 CrtH for one, two, or three points.

A tactical unlock choice for having used 15 points into tactical in the skill tree adds 1 CrtH if it's chosen.

Am assuming any endeavor progress is shown in ship's stats also.

I'm at 7.9 CrtH if I didn't choose what's listed above and put 2 points versus 3 into weapons specialization so choices seems to count (as well as endeavor progress).

20 CrtH (space) without any consoles, deflector, or SRO's on a L65 Human Tactical character and working backwards...

-5 Precision Rank 2

-0.6 Weapons Specialization 2 points versus 3

-1 Skill Tree Tactical Unlock (the horizontal lines below the skill tree with circular selection nodes)

-5.5 (Endeavor progress)

20-12.1 = 7.9 CrtH (hope I got all this right)

Am doing a lot of assuming since I don't know what choices you've made but would suggest grabbing CrtH whenever possible. It really seems to add up.
  • Options
    finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    With such a low crit chance I think you will get the most out of [Dmg], and maybe [Acc] if you don't have any Accuracy from other sources, and actually see your shots missing the enemy. Eventually, you will be able to easily get enough Accuracy from souces other than weapon mods, though.
    [Dmg] will remain good forever. Once you get a higher crit chance, like from the sources suggested above, [CrtD] will also become very good.
    The Donnie phasers' proc also buffs your crit damage and you will get more out of it with a higher crit chance.
  • Options
    Operative is another choice that would increase critical chance.

Getting it higher via some of the choices available and then enjoying the CrtD and Dmg in your weapons using @finsches123 advice above might be the way to go.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,005 Arc User
    My understanding of weapon modifiers, and please do correct me if I'm wrong, is that they only affect the weapon they are on.
    I suspect this means their stats won't show up in your general overall stats.
    I'd find whatever non-weapon items you can find that offer Crit Chance if you want to boost it as much as possible.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/