test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't the DEVs do something about the campers in the Dyson Ground batlezone?

13»

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I'm not a programmer either. I was comparing to the Badlands Battlezone.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    It’s been like that ever since that zone opened and nothing has changed
  • Options
    misachii87misachii87 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »

and it never will, cause developers get unrealistic alot of work feedback, while realistic easy to implement feedback is blocked by moderators.

• Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    misachii87 wrote: »

and it never will, cause developers get unrealistic alot of work feedback, while realistic easy to implement feedback is blocked by moderators.

I don't believe that's exactly how it works, but I do know that the interests of the player (AKA Customer) base have been misrepresented enough for me to notice. Not exclusively by the Mods, either.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    you have to remember, the Devs also have a very fine line to walk. Say I suggest they ad a first wave, a hundred flying monkeys beam in before the Rex. the devs say, cool, but instead of monkeys, we will use the drones instead.

Despite me saying flying monkeys, there might be enough resemblance using drones where I could say it was my intellectual property, pay me or see you in court, something Cryptic and paramount want to avoid at all costs.

You can bet that it has been tried or will be tried, and that's why the devs are leery of implementing everything that is suggested
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator

LOL What? LOL 😆
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User

Uh, the mods here are pussycats. I could point you to a forum that has a blatantly racist mod, if you want to experience how bad moderating can get
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    you have to remember, the Devs also have a very fine line to walk. Say I suggest they ad a first wave, a hundred flying monkeys beam in before the Rex. the devs say, cool, but instead of monkeys, we will use the drones instead.

Despite me saying flying monkeys, there might be enough resemblance using drones where I could say it was my intellectual property, pay me or see you in court, something Cryptic and paramount want to avoid at all costs.

You can bet that it has been tried or will be tried, and that's why the devs are leery of implementing everything that is suggested

I thought that such concerns were limited to actual stories, not gameplay features?

As in, they have reason to not use story ideas presented to them - but not a suggested change of mechanics like an auto-transport option or a short briefing time being added to the zone. I mean, those things already exist in the game anyway so...
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    As in, they have reason to not use story ideas presented to them - but not a suggested change of mechanics like an auto-transport option or a short briefing time being added to the zone. I mean, those things already exist in the game anyway so...

Never underestimate how petty some people can be. Not saying everyone is, but there's always someone who will take it that far.
    Uh, the mods here are pussycats. I could point you to a forum that has a blatantly racist mod, if you want to experience how bad moderating can get

I am not a cat! I am a fluffy fox! :D
    In all seriousness, we try to be approachable and reasonable.
    While some may claim we're being to strict, it usually takes some work to get us to bring down the hammer. We give some leeway unless its about certain subjects or behaviors. Unless you're a spambot. Then we airlock you immediately.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User

I had cause to review the TOS the first week of October and I seem to recall that one of the terms is that anything posted to the forums becomes the property of Cryptic/PWE/Gearbox, or whomever.

As such were I to recommend a story, or anything else for that matter, via the forums I have no leg to stand on in court. That doesn't mean that the odd person would not try to file suit, however, and that will still cost the company money in some way.
    rattler2 wrote: »

Never underestimate how petty some people can be. Not saying everyone is, but there's always someone who will take it that far.

I am not a cat! I am a fluffy fox! :D
    In all seriousness, we try to be approachable and reasonable.
    While some may claim we're being to strict, it usually takes some work to get us to bring down the hammer. We give some leeway unless its about certain subjects or behaviors. Unless you're a spambot. Then we airlock you immediately.

This amuses me!
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

This, exactly. We have been complaining (and arguing) about this since the content dropped most of a decade ago. Cryptic has done nothing in response. At some point, you have to suspect that further discussion is a waste of breath.

Here in Argentina there is a saying, "hay lo que hay", which parses roughly the same as "it is what it is" in English.

(shrug)
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I'm surprised people are this upset about the campers. I do the dyson zone pretty regularly and honestly don't give a TRIBBLE. If you wanna be lazy and sit around watching youtube or whatever it doesn't matter to me. The zone flips pretty regularly. I usually only have time to cap 2-4 areas before the bosses spawn.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    nikephorus wrote: »
    I'm surprised people are this upset about the campers. I do the dyson zone pretty regularly and honestly don't give a TRIBBLE. If you wanna be lazy and sit around watching youtube or whatever it doesn't matter to me. The zone flips pretty regularly. I usually only have time to cap 2-4 areas before the bosses spawn.

Usually it doesn't take much time indeed. But even if you only have to capture like three or four zones, it's still not fair that you miss out on the biggest reward because players who didn't do much to help trigger the final instance + those rewards associated it complete it before you can get close.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Just a few days ago I was in a well-populated instance. Many players were helping, things were going well, there seemed to be a nice spirit of co-operation. Then we were capturing the last artillery point in the Outskirts (closest to the Command Center) and I suddenly noticed that everyone had left while I shooting those big Mechs that appear after disabling the turrets.

Right at the same time, another point was captured in the Park so just out of nowhere the final phase was triggered. I have speed boosts, many of them in fact and I still couldn't make it to the silo in time. Only because those other players had a head start of like 15 seconds maybe; they were already at the silo while I was shooting the last enemies to capture one of those two required points.

Now, I did make it to the Park in time because I could quickly turn around and head to the Command Center after seeing the bar being filled as the V-rex went down in the Outskirts - and I managed to fire enough shots in the Park. But just barely, and only because I have those speed boosts.

A newer player wouldn't have stood a chance against campers and people leaving early because they're afraid of losing out because those campers exist.
    It's very unlikely to be a fun experience for them and it's not an enjoyable map even for those who can still get some form of a reward but miss out on a big part of it - simply because the map doesn't encourage co-operation or playing, but only racing against other players.

I seriously doubt many players enjoy that competitive part. I at least don't, if I wanted to play content where the purpose is to beat other players, I'd just queue for a PvP mission.

• Options
    dacia#9992 dacia Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    if I wanted to play content where the purpose is to beat other players, I'd just queue for a PvP mission.

Speaking of which...

Isn't the reason it's so hard to get Assessed Stratagems because Cryptic was worried that people would exploit in order to farm them? To figure out ways to get them without doing actual content?

I don't mind that Cryptic doesn't care. I just wish that they didn't care equally.
  • Options
    dacia#9992 wrote: »
    Speaking of which...

Isn't the reason it's so hard to get Assessed Stratagems because Cryptic was worried that people would exploit in order to farm them? To figure out ways to get them without doing actual content?

I don't mind that Cryptic doesn't care. I just wish that they didn't care equally.

More like the game is balanced for PvE, and thus when that kind of power is aimed at another player, who doesn't have the stats of an NPC... things tend to go wrong. There is no separate stat set for PvP for balance, making it very unfun for most people, especially casual players, to get into PvP. Competitive Rep was an attempt to assess and build interest in PvP. The community has, for the most part, rejected it. And most casual players tend to be turned off by any kind of percieved forced PvP.

So its less Cryptic being worried about exploits and more players not enjoying PvP in general.

Personally I like Twin Tribulations because its a mechanics race without direct PvP. But most seemed to prefer Core Assault, which had direct PvP. And I've had BAD experiences in PvP in several games.
This discussion has been closed.