test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MUDD NOW OFFERS PILOT LESSONS!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
edited December 2022 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Captains on all platforms will have a chance to purchase fast, nimble Pilot Ships when the Fighter Pilot Choice Pack and MEGA Bundle launch next week!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11530993
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin PM dude
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    I'd rather buy Deimos (read Immolating Lance) for 5000 zen :)
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Meh.
    As with all bundles, some of the ships are interesting, others I just don't care for at all.

I like the Deimos and I'd likely get it even though I'd only be using the console on most characters. The other ships aren't interesting to me though. I'd likely never fly them.

So that gives me the option of spending $300 on one ship and two other options - either 2 character-bound Phoenix ships, 100 keys that I don't need (already have way too much lockbox stuff) or some tech upgrades that I can collect through other means. Oh, I see there's also an option to get some totally useless Boff training tokens.

Long message short: not interested.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Cryptic should consider creating smaller packs, for smaller prices.

Like only two ships with no other options at $150 to $200. Or a single ship at $150 with one of the other options (keys for example).

That way there's a bigger chance that (almost) all ships in the pack are interesting to a player.
    So far, I've ignored all but one of these hyper-expensive packs because they're just not worth it if you're not super interested in all of the ships.

Right now they're $300 for three ships, which is only going to be a good deal if you actually like at least three of the ships. Otherwise you're either buying ships you're not interested in - or you end up just buying filler stuff that can be obtained through other means - or easily ignored.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    The only thing in that bundle I am interested in is the Deimos. I have no interest in any of the other choices. I guess this one is a pass for me.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    tmassx wrote: »
    I'd rather buy Deimos (read Immolating Lance) for 5000 zen :)

Ditto. Only thing worth anything (for the moment) in the bundle
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.