test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

JOIN THE FEAST, OR BE THE FEAST!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
edited December 2022 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Will you be the feaster, or will you be feasted upon? In this brand new event, participate in the Bug Hunt and Swarm TFOs to advance in the final Meta Campaign Event!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11530513
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Such a shame our New Romulus bug spray is not effective in the ground TFO.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Looks like even more dumbing down of ground play.

We need fewer autokilling - click and stop caring - of stuff, not more.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    Is the display for the Event Campaign on consoles ever going to be fixed? It currently shows that there are two events left in the Event Campaign. Really there is only one left, the Reflections of Empire the real second event doesn't show. So players that started late might think they have more time to get the final reward then they really do.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    I'm all for a new Event, but how about revamping one of the removed TFO's and adding that back into the game?
    • Mirror Universe Incursion (Defend a Fed Starbase);
    • Terran Empire Incursion (Defend Vauthil Station);
    • DS9 Under Siege;
    • Mine Trap;
    • Terradome.
    So much stuff gets removed from the game, supposedly for a revamp, but then never gets put back...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    [deleted, too much effort to explain]
    Post edited by morden613 on
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    morden613 wrote: »
    You say this is the last event in the event campaign, however I have 100% progress and was already rewarded....or perhaps I should just shut up, even though it makes no sense. (Before anyone asks, no I didn't pay)

v712p3e1m7fd.png

See that little scroll bar towards the bottom? If you slide it to the right... 🤷‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png
  • morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    [deleted]
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Feels like they are running out of ideas. Next season with be a revamped Klingon arc and likely no new story. Borticis is possibly bailing ship. And now—Bug out— join the feast for a V’ger probe?!

They should bring back Bort even if his new salary would cripple growth. Constant events are going to leave a few stinkers behind. But because this is the last campaign event, I have a feeling a lot of players who already unlocked the ship may skip the heavily timegated swarm event. Moreover bug hunt is so littered with visual spam you can’t even see most the map in a TFO. As an event it will be even worse. A better event or prize would keep more players online. They should have put more effort into the last one.

I personally may try it anyway . I kinda like bug hunt. And swarm may be solo AFK-able. I normally prefer playing the game. But swarm doesn’t even give me enough opposition to even enjoy protecting the transports. Half the time there aren’t even enemies at the lane anyway.
    jcsww wrote: »
    Looking forward to playing Bug Hunt again. It was a fun queue but has been dead for quite some time.

I've ended up in it quite often when queuing for random TFO's.
    Queuing for the mission itself hasn't always resulted in an unreasonable wait time.

The reason why it can take longer than before is probably due to all the constant events - especially Red Alert ones. When those are running, very few other missions have reasonable wait times.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    overlapping events again :( discouraging.
    morden613 wrote: »
    You say this is the last event in the event campaign, however I have 100% progress and was already rewarded....
    You need 3500 progress to get the reward and each of the 5 events reward 700 when completed - 700x5=3500.

However, these events run for 21 days each, meaning it's possible to get 1050 points during each event, which means it can be completed within just 4 of the 5.

Even more mind-boggling, is that if you time it all perfectly with the 20-hour cooldown, you can actually get 1250 points during each event, meaning it completes during only 3 of the 5 events.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • deadlock8118deadlock8118 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Very underwhelming.
  • scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Will there be a V'ger energy torpedo in any future event?
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
    You could say we already have it: Omega Plasma Torpedo Launcher
    V'Ger launched High Yield Plasma Torpedo's in sets of three, which is what this one does. The graphic used for them ingame is also quite reminiscent of those seen in TMP.

If you are referring to the large plasma bolts that the ships in the Red Alert spew: I believe the Omega torpedo launcher from the omega reputation does that, when using High Yield.

Or at least, I seem to recall that it did years ago.

• dirtlingdirtling Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    This is really poor timing for anyone traveling over Thanksgiving. After working hard all year for the grand prize, I will now be punished for spending time with my family instead of playing this increasingly unenjoyable game. Unless I want to shell out real money, that is. No one likes being backed into a corner.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Yes, it is the plasma torpedo launcher from the Omega-Adapted set in the Reputation tab:

https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Omega_Adapted_Borg_Technology_Set#Omega_Plasma_Torpedo_Launcher
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    dirtling wrote: »
    This is really poor timing for anyone traveling over Thanksgiving. After working hard all year for the grand prize, I will now be punished for spending time with my family instead of playing this increasingly unenjoyable game. Unless I want to shell out real money, that is. No one likes being backed into a corner.

And people don't travel over Christmas? Yet, the Winter event happens all through the holidays. No one is "punishing" you, and if you really think so, perhaps you need to reevaluate yourself. But you say the game is "increasingly unenjoyable," so perhaps you're being spared the apparent discomfort of "having" to play. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    The fifth section is pure extra time, anyone "working hard all year" on the campaign would have already gotten the grand prize sometime in the fourth unless they had to miss a significant chunk early on (that happened to me last year due to technical problems and I got the grand prize with less than a week to spare). Having the fifth section is more of a nice thing for the players rather than being cornered.
  • scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User

If you are referring to the large plasma bolts that the ships in the Red Alert spew: I believe the Omega torpedo launcher from the omega reputation does that, when using High Yield.

Or at least, I seem to recall that it did years ago.

Nope that's not what i'm referring to.
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
  • dirtlingdirtling Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    dirtling wrote: »

And people don't travel over Christmas? Yet, the Winter event happens all through the holidays. No one is "punishing" you, and if you really think so, perhaps you need to reevaluate yourself. But you say the game is "increasingly unenjoyable," so perhaps you're being spared the apparent discomfort of "having" to play. 🤷🏼‍♀️

The Winter Event has always been long enough to accommodate Christmas travel.

• mciannmciann Member Posts: 29 Arc User

Yes. There will be. It will do 1026 points of damage and can be fired once every 18 minutes.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    Due to the issues with Event Campaign progress yesterday, The Feast event will run an extra day on PC, and will now run until December 7th!
This discussion has been closed.