test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why wont my experimental ship upgrade token work.

kjnewkjnew Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited November 2022 in The Academy
I got this upgrade token from the promotion. It says it works on T-5U but wont work on my multi-mission surveillance explorer vesta class. Am i missing something?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Answers

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    Moved to Academy, because this is not a bug. /Moved

As stated in the description of your first image, the Experimental Ship Upgrade Token upgrades a T5-U or T6 ship to T5-X/T6-X respectively.

According to your second image, though, your ship is still T5, and would need to be upgraded to a T5-U using a Starship Upgrade Requisition as shown in same image where it says that you have 0, before upgrading it again with your aforementioned Experimental Ship Upgrade Token.

Hope this helps.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2022
    Just asking here, but did you try to use the upgrade token while you were talking to the "Manage Ships" officer at Earth space dock/ Qo'nos shipyard? You have to have that interface open to use them. If you just open the ship status menu while elsewhere it will have the upgrade button greyed out.
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Moved to Academy, because this is not a bug. /Moved

As stated in the description of your first image, the Experimental Ship Upgrade Token upgrades a T5-U or T6 ship to T5-X/T6-X respectively.

According to your second image, though, your ship is still T5, and would need to be upgraded to a T5-U using a Starship Upgrade Requisition as shown in same image where it says that you have 0, before upgrading it again with your aforementioned Experimental Ship Upgrade Token.

Hope this helps.

You beat me to it, yes it looks like you'll have to get a hold of a Ship upgrade token apply it, then use the experimental ship token.