test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Endeavor Behavior Questions

anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
So, I was one of those people who had reached the cap on Endeavor perk points when they were still capped at 600 in October of 2021. After that, my progress bar stopped moving, but I still got messages when I earned enough xp from doing Endeavors to gain a new perk point that I had, indeed, earned a new perk point. When the cap was raised to 750 in September, I was one of the people that didn't receive most of those banked perk points immediately, even though many did. We reported it at the time, and they get eventually get rewarded, though it may have been a couple of weeks after the fix when I finally logged on and saw them. All that showed were enough perk points to fill out to 750, which makes sense, being that it never showed in the UI any points beyond the cap before that, either. I spent the points, then went back to doing Endeavors. Over the next few days, I earned two perk points, and got the message that I had earned them, and then a message that they were deducted, and a reward of 100 dilithium. After that, a couple of weeks ago, now, no messages about earning any perk points, or deductions and rewards of dilithium have happened.

Now, I looked through patch notes and didn't see any mention of a change where perk points earned past the cap were now going to be automatically converted to 100 dilithium, so I'm wondering if that is the intended behavior going forward if we are over the current cap? If so, that's fine, but a clarification of intended behavior would be nice, and fixing it to actually continue working would also be appreciated.
This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    My thread about this yesterday got moved to Bug Reports, and that's fair, since there was a bug report of a sort in it, so I'm teasing out just the part about the seeming change to Endeavor perk points into its own thread.

Since reaching the new cap in perk points, every time that I have received the Perk Point Awarded message, it has been immediately followed by a Perk Point Deducted message, and an award of 100 dilithium. Has anybody else who is above the cap noticed this? Is it an intentional change? If so, why was it not in the patch notes?

If you make changes, but fail to inform us of them, how are we supposed to know what is intended behavior, and, consequently, whether what we are seeing is a bug?
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    It started working again, so I'm adding this picture to show what's happening.

(Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    Yes, this is WAI. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.