test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Happy Birthday Kathryn Janeway.

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
edited October 2022 in Ten Forward
Happy Birthday to Kathryn Janeway, born on this day 2336.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to Kathryn Janeway, born on this day 2336.

That would make her -314 years old, but frankly she doesn't look a day over -330.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • dewolf13dewolf13 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Best Starfleet Captain to ever don the uniform.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    dewolf13 wrote: »

Dunno if I'd say that - she got her entire crew stuck on the wrong end of the galaxy for years because she forgot timed explosives were a thing. (Seriously, all she needed to do in the pilot was set a few photon torpedoes on the Caretaker Array with timers set to go off about ten minutes after they used it to transit back home, and problem solved.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

Dunno if I'd say that - she got her entire crew stuck on the wrong end of the galaxy for years because she forgot timed explosives were a thing. (Seriously, all she needed to do in the pilot was set a few photon torpedoes on the Caretaker Array with timers set to go off about ten minutes after they used it to transit back home, and problem solved.)

Yeah, not their best writing, even for VOY.

I am kind of surprised that the STO holo-Janeway boff is science, in the show (especially the earlier episodes) she seemed more like an STO tactical captain (except for the holoship trick they pulled once) than a science one.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

The problem with that particular reasoning is that the Kazon were still in the area (and called for reinforcements); a Kazon carrier caused enough damage to the station that it's unlikely the crew of Voyager could get home; Even if the voyager crew had the time to board the station and figured out a means to get home, there is nothing stopping the Kazon from coming back in a hurry within those 10 minutes, board the station and disable the torpedoes while gaining access to that technology and that of the station.
    Yeah, not their best writing, even for VOY.

Janeway has always been reckless, even genocidal at times. So doing things like this actually fits her character a lot more, so in a way it's entirely inline with her decisions on the storyline.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    In Voyager's pilot episode, Tuvok in fact explicitly states that it would have taken hours to reconfigure the array and bring Voyager home.
    TUVOK: Captain, I can access the system to send us back to Federation space, but it will take several hours to activate.

It would not have lasted that long with the Kazon on approach. It was never the case that Voyager had to choose between destroying the array or going home.

The choice was between destroying the array or fighting off who knows how many Kazon ships to hold the array for hours and then have a slim chance at still being able to use it for getting back.

Edit: source for that quote: http://chakoteya.net/Voyager/101.htm
    (I'm surprised I've never seen anyone else use Chakoteya.net btw :) )
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • dewolf13 wrote: »

Absolutely not. Sullen, moody, mentally unstable (Omega Crisis) not to mention she is a habitual and notorious Temporal terrorist. Second she got back the temporal investigations department should have made her disappear. They just take her in a dark room activate a temporal beacon and she's reintegrated with her future self just in time for her trial and sentencing to a temporal penal colony. Her career should have been ended right there.

If she is repentant maybe they would allow Tom Paris to visit her like she did at the beginning.

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    I call upon the the guardians of this realm to combine their forces and banish this necro zombie to the nether realms @baddmoonrizin @darkbladejk @rattler2 @wingedhussar#7584
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    Necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.