test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why Doesn't Cryptic do Elite Random TFO's?

cato#6964 cato Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Check it out, this is a link to a Steam Forum thread where I asked that Question.
Hey Everybody! Please read this!
I want to hear everybody's thoughts on it.
Please read it too Cryptic!
Because something needs to be done about this!
https://steamcommunity.com/app/9900/discussions/0/3367027831292678203/
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,006 Arc User
    Why doesn't Cryptic do elite random TFO's?

Just guessing but think it's because too few players are prepared for elite difficulty. Also many that think they might be ready may not be. Everybody has to carry their own weight at this level as it's a big jump.

I'm not against it but think in a way it might actually avoid a lot of issues i.e. players that usually are at their best in a normal with some advanced will get smashed to bits almost immediately on elite and this will happen over and over again until you leave.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    protoneous wrote: »

Just guessing but think it's because too few players are prepared for elite difficulty. Also many that think they might be ready may not be. Everybody has to carry their own weight at this level as it's a big jump.

I'm not against it but think in a way it might actually avoid a lot of issues i.e. players that usually are at their best in a normal with some advanced will get smashed to bits almost immediately on elite and this will happen over and over again until you leave.

We discussed all those issues. I think we got a solution. Check it out. Read the thread, and tell me what you think.
    Because, I'm saying, Cryptic needs to do something about it!
  • Options
    Marvel Heroes had an issue like this. Their solution was to implement a per-character 'stress test' challenge that you had to complete before a given character was allowed to participate in the highest difficulty content.

Well, that's fine with me. I got no problem with that. But they need to do it.
    I mean, it can't stay in the state that it's in. Whatever they are going to do, they need to do something about it.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,006 Arc User
    cato#6964 wrote: »
    protoneous wrote: »

We discussed all those issues. I think we got a solution. Check it out. Read the thread, and tell me what you think.
    Because, I'm saying, Cryptic needs to do something about it!
    Well that is a different forum so what I'm thinking is you may end up discussing it all over again in this one. Perhaps you could post a synopsis of some key points made over there including why you think elite randoms are a good idea ?
    I mean, it can't stay in the state that it's in.
    I've been saying that about a number of things for quite a few years :smile:
  • Options
    bjorjlen#6464 bjorjlen Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Ok, I just read everything in the link you posted, as well as all the replies here, and this is my view... While a interesting and even valid point in some regards, Cryptic ONLY does what Crypic thinks is important, not us. And as has been discussed a ton on these forums here for a long time, that doesn't always coincide with each other (in many cases, most times even). Besides, if the past is any indication of things, I am sure the powers that be have more pressing priorities in STO than changing random Elite TFO's anytime soon. I am sorry, but that is the reality of the situation I am afraid, as much as it stinks...

Peace...
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,355 Community Moderator
    Ok. After having read your linked thread:

There are a few TFOs ineligible for Random and that is intended for various reasons depending upon the TFO.

If you're wanting particular Advanced TFOs to pop, but they're not popping, then you'd best be served to select the TFO yourself and allow Randoms to fill out your team. But sounds like you don't really want to do that, because you'd rather get the Random rewards bonus.

Elite level TFOs are ineligible, because it is intended that players should pre-form a team to do them. Players who are skilled enough and equipped to actually handle the content. That is the design intent. If you want to play Elite, then it is beholden upon you to find like-minded and capable players to run them with. So, something has been done. The design is the solution.

You make several assumptions in your linked thread. One is that you just assume that if Elite was offfered as Random, then everyone would start running them more often for the increased rewards. This is patently false, as human nature tends towards the path of least resistance. Another assumption is that players would be able to quickly switch out gear once they realize what Elite TFO they are in, which isn't necessarily true, but it also includes assuming that they would even have the appropriate gear to switch out to begin with. You also state, basically, that if they aren't really ready for Elite, "oh well, they won't run it again," after having their butts kicked. But is that fair to those players who would have to deal with a gimped team? No.

Bottom line: You shouldn't be going into an Elite TFO without being prepared beforehand. Period. That includes knowing which TFO you're getting into, to include all of its objectives. Being properly equipped with gear, traits, etc. GOING IN. Knowing who is on your team and that they are ready, knowledgeable, and capable; who is responsible for what parts of the mission and having a plan for accomplishing the objectives - in short, communication with your teammates beforehand.

The poster in that linked thread, who was offering all of those explanations, had it correct. Seems like you just don't want to accept the reality of the situation that all of this has already been thought of, and it was designed this way intentionally. Your tone there suggests that you don't really want to hear any of this, and just want to continue to argue against reason. If you'd like to continue your argument over there, fine, but we're not going to have that drama spill over into this forum. You ask why there are no Elite Random TFOs? Well, you've been provided with the answer. /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.