test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What are you pet peeves in this game?

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
my top 3
players that zip around kiling every peer pressure group and not talking to the deferi to reset it
trex campers
and one I realized today, and it's really 2 in 1, players that afk in the last week of a event grind (twice today) and getting a group, despite the tfo being in the past 3 events, not having a CLUE as to how to do it.

1nnoknpc5hke.png

one player and I babysat 2 projectors, the other 3 just went warp 100 trying to hit things and doing a very poor job of it. you can see i blacked out the name (wish I COULD name and shame) 2 could not get the projector under control and the other failing at protecting the station

with a team of 5 how hard is it to figure out one person per station/projector and the 5th to chase rifts and help out where needed? I had all three at my projector, where the help was not necessary. the rifts at my station get closed withing 60 seconds if there are 2 20 seconds if one
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    sinzen1sinzen1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Ability misfires. Only way I can describe activating a hotkey and it does its grey out thing and goes on cooldown, but nada nothing no way

Sometimes it just does the grey out but doesn't actually activate and that's just as infuriating. My favorite pet peeve is Target Nearest not targeting the nearest, but rather one on the other side of the map. And then I am furiously trying to mouse click the target I want while zipping past at top speed.

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Not being able to at least match the RGB color more-or-less for all of my beam colors if I want to use any rep, event, or episode gear. I end up not using the gear because I don't want a green beam with my reds, a red with my blues, or whatever.

Space Barbie is the real endgame, and I don't want to taste the rainbow.

• Options
    vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    My pets falling behind.
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    1) Traits unslotting, and then re-loading your loadout still not restoring them;

2) Cryptic having stoped making bridges, and, subsequently, very stubbornly refusing to allow easy-to-make quality of life adjustments, like unlocking bridges for your existing ships (even if for a fee);

3) The endless cycle of making items very good, so you'll buy them, only to nerf them into oblivion, a year or so later, all in the name of 'balance.'
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    My pets falling behind.

BOFF's on ground maps to.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    arabatur wrote: »
    My pets falling behind.

BOFF's on ground maps to.

Pets seem to have trouble keeping up with full impulse speed (not the newer ones). Ground boffs sometimes lose 'connection' to you; and then you ned to walk a few hundred meter back or so, to reconnect with them again.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    I tend to guard one projector myself, and only zip over to the others to help out if I notice them getting overwhelmed (happens more often than you'd think in pug groups).

Anyways, pet peeves...

TOS Caitians still not being a thing.

Not being able to change out bridge/interior for any type I own, especially on expensive ships that are stuck with that ugly as hell default alien bridge.

Being forced to play as an underpowered character with no auto-attack or any semblance of a working build in so many missions these days.

The lack of shuttle content. I'd really like them to set up a "shuttles only" queue option for TFO's. I put a lot of work into a crazy shuttle build that can solo patrols, and I hardly ever get to actually use my shuttle.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    one player and I babysat 2 projectors, the other 3 just went warp 100 trying to hit things and doing a very poor job of it. you can see i blacked out the name (wish I COULD name and shame) 2 could not get the projector under control and the other failing at protecting the station
    At least they were trying to do something. I was in one yesterday where only two of us were trying to protect the projectors at all; two others were AFKing as if losing all the data (which nearly happened) is just fine, and the fifth left.

We managed to pull out a win - barely, when the other two finally got off their lazy singularities and helped with the fifth(!) fight with ISS Enterprise. (Beta Projector was completely destroyed, Alpha and Gamma were both heavily damaged.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    jonsills wrote: »
    At least they were trying to do something. I was in one yesterday where only two of us were trying to protect the projectors at all; two others were AFKing as if losing all the data (which nearly happened) is just fine, and the fifth left.

We managed to pull out a win - barely, when the other two finally got off their lazy singularities and helped with the fifth(!) fight with ISS Enterprise. (Beta Projector was completely destroyed, Alpha and Gamma were both heavily damaged.)

To me, this really brings it home again that STO isn't a true MMO. Yes, people can cooperate, and sometimes do so extremely well; but, at the end of the day, it's really just a solitary game, where team (PUG) coordinations above collectively spamming the spacebar, really does not occur. See Gravity Kills.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 649 Arc User
    Not being able to at least match the RGB color more-or-less for all of my beam colors if I want to use any rep, event, or episode gear. I end up not using the gear because I don't want a green beam with my reds, a red with my blues, or whatever.

Space Barbie is the real endgame, and I don't want to taste the rainbow.

I remember the days where you could use a console command to change the color of you weapons fire. Even worked on torpedoes, so I could have TMP blue photon torpedoes. All of this was long before the TOS and Disco ones were added.
  • Options
    Now my pet peeves are

1. Not have auto loot pickup like the console version has. Sometimes takes a while to collect all the drops at the end of a patrol.
    2. Not being able to despot refined dilithium in the account bank. Neverwinter added the ability to despot refined astral diamonds in the account bank years ago.
    3. Having my comms officer answer EVERY hail that comes in regardless of if I want it or not.
    4. This last one is a biggie on console. Having my powers radial wheel blocked by messages from npc's
  • Options
    bjorjlen#6464 bjorjlen Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Yeah, I agree; there are a whole lot of peeves of pets in STO, despite the fact that it is still a cool game to play (at least for me as I am a Star Trek fan). But one of mine, which doesn't involve game mechanics itself, is that unlike many other MMO's, there is hardly any real social interaction between people these days. At least not ones' that are not juvenile or trollish. I used to play City of Heroes, Second Life, and even the Sims Online (back in the day... boy am I dating myself lol), and one of the fun cool aspects that I took great enjoyment in was just kicking back and socializing, ya know? Even in PUG's in many MMO's there is far more interaction between players than here. Which is sorta sad... :(

Peace...
  • Options
    sinzen1sinzen1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »
    Now my pet peeves are

2. Not being able to despot refined dilithium in the account bank. Neverwinter added the ability to despot refined astral diamonds in the account bank years ago.

I use the exchange to move my dil around. Just post however much you want to move (up to 5k zen worth I think) at 25 zen per so no one buys it up. You can cancel it then and there and it drops into your available category where any of your toons can withdraw.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    sinzen1 wrote: »
    Now my pet peeves are

I use the exchange to move my dil around. Just post however much you want to move (up to 5k zen worth I think) at 25 zen per so no one buys it up. You can cancel it then and there and it drops into your available category where any of your toons can withdraw.

Yes, that's how I do it also. It's just a pain doing it that way. Neverwinter used to be the same way with having to post and remove listing on the astral diamond exchange, but they added the ability to despot directly to your account bank.
    Post edited by baucoin on
  • Options
    Now my pet peeves are

3. Having my comms officer answer EVERY hail that comes in regardless of if I want it or not.

This is particularly annoying when you're cloaked, as the hail decloaks you.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    Buttons that change context right as you are clicking them. I started "need"ing all loot the second time I hit "greed" right as something I could've used (back in the day when loot drops meant something) replaced what I was basically going to pass on. And I can't even tell you how many DOff assignments I've had to abort because they resort just at the wrong time. And there were plenty of times have I travelled to the Gamma Quadrant or Bajor instead of DS9.

Laggy map transfers. It's hit or miss on whether an instance loads right up, you've got a 45-90 second load time, "map transfer failed", or lost connection from server. There are times when I just close the game altogether since restarting can be faster than waiting for me to transfer to an instance.
  • Options
    captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    1. Options that change all on their own.
    2. Cut scenes in the middle of an STF. I finally come out of that to discover I was killed in the meantime.
    3. Crafted items that are nowhere near as good as any of the Rep or Lock Box items. I worked hard to be able to get my crafting maxed out, but the items do not reflect that.
    4. Numbers, as in EC or dilithium, on some Doff and Admirality mission reward info boxes that are so small I cannot tell what they are.
    5. Items and consoles that share a cooldown. I mean, really?
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
  • Options
    2. Cut scenes in the middle of an STF. I finally come out of that to discover I was killed in the meantime.

Hive Onslaught much? :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    Cryptics complete lack of care & apathy about AFKers, as long as those metrics are showing people in game it doesnt matter if theyre actually engaging or not.
    Plus those AFK people themselves, zero effort to get a ship in a game you cant even be bothered to play. GG

EDIT: Oh and the devaluing of real money purchases. Im all for in game giveaways & for everyone to get a chance at something but you cant build your game on the back of $ spending and then just give those items away without there being any fallout. Add that on top of the first complaints & thats why I dont spend money here anymore.
  • Options
    captainmarvelushcaptainmarvelush Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Hive Onslaught much? :)

However did you guess :smiley:
    Captain of the Thunder and the Lightning

46cq7exrnlgb.jpg
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Cryptics complete lack of care & apathy about AFKers, as long as those metrics are showing people in game it doesnt matter if theyre actually engaging or not.
    Plus those AFK people themselves, zero effort to get a ship in a game you cant even be bothered to play. GG

EDIT: Oh and the devaluing of real money purchases. Im all for in game giveaways & for everyone to get a chance at something but you cant build your game on the back of $ spending and then just give those items away without there being any fallout. Add that on top of the first complaints & thats why I dont spend money here anymore.

I use to play a game that is soley based on money, no money no play period. You were forced to get the next greatest ship / weapon in game or forget playing next month. Oh and you have to spend money to complete the upgrades on your equpiment by the next event in 30 days cause doing it long hand would take 3 months.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > 1) Traits unslotting, and then re-loading your loadout still not restoring them;
    >
    > 2) Cryptic having stoped making bridges, and, subsequently, very stubbornly refusing to allow easy-to-make quality of life adjustments, like unlocking bridges for your existing ships (even if for a fee);
    >
    > 3) The endless cycle of making items very good, so you'll buy them, only to nerf them into oblivion, a year or so later, all in the name of 'balance.'

Yep all of these, the trait thing is an annoyance,

Personally I would love more bridges specifically ones with working turbolifts,

also If these items were balanced people wouldn't be buying them, you think players using SROs Boffs and Iconian staffs would clue into the Devs that players don't care about balance, it was always about getting an edge over your opponents.
  • Options
    If these items were balanced people wouldn't be buying them, you think players using SROs Boffs and Iconian staffs would clue into the Devs that players don't care about balance, it was always about getting an edge over your opponents.
    What opponents?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    New stuff that feels like even the most basic quality control testing has been skipped and doesn't work from day 1 then left broken for months or years even if it's very easy to fix and it involves real cash to buy. There are always going to be bugs any typos but the amount of them is unusually high and doesn't give a good impression when it should have been caught with the most basic QA check lists.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    mostly overlapping audio, like when Mina in Counterpart is talking, but no time to finish it, either from her next audio, or Terrock Nor materializing in. also, when cut scenes are a bit wonky, like in the one with the cardassion ship you go on in the romulan faction, and the dead folks being taken get up and walk into the portals.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    If these items were balanced people wouldn't be buying them, you think players using SROs Boffs and Iconian staffs would clue into the Devs that players don't care about balance, it was always about getting an edge over your opponents.
    What opponents?

NPCs, maybe PvP as well.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    What opponents?

NPCs, maybe PvP as well.

It's always simply better to slot SROs than not. Needing them in the absolute? Likely not, but it always helps.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Honestly, I look more at the BOff's skills. If I'm running a beam boat, I need BFAW. Cannon builds need rapid fire. At least one science officer has to be able to repair my shields, and an engineer has to fix my hull. SRO might be nice, but it's hardly essential. And my "edge" over the NPCs is that I'm a PC and have plot armor - even if they blow me up somehow, I get better, but once they're gone they're gone.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    Honestly, I look more at the BOff's skills. If I'm running a beam boat, I need BFAW. Cannon builds need rapid fire. At least one science officer has to be able to repair my shields, and an engineer has to fix my hull. SRO might be nice, but it's hardly essential. And my "edge" over the NPCs is that I'm a PC and have plot armor - even if they blow me up somehow, I get better, but once they're gone they're gone.

Haven't you been keeping up with latest events? :) ALL boffs can have SRO now, Tactical, Science, and Engineer.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.