test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Potential Picard STO related spoiler?

wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
edited September 2022 in Ten Forward
There is a Picard final season trailer up on youtube right now, you should go check it out. I'll wait.

Did you watch it?

Good, Watch it again.

Did anybody else spot the Elachi ships? I.E. the Elachi Walkers? Or the Creatures from Schism and the Solonae Dyson Sphere?

Regardless, this is something that I'm looking forward to. I hope they mention how the Elachi reproduce, as well as some of the other things STO added to that lore. Including a certain TNG actor who showed up in those missions?

All speculative, but I would be curious to see what everyone else thinks of this.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    I thought the Titan-(A?) looked a lot like the Legendary Narendra.

But then I looked closer and realised there are quite a few differences.

I didn't see Elachi ships though.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    I thought the Titan-(A?) looked a lot like the Legendary Narendra.

But then I looked closer and realised there are quite a few differences.
    I thought it looked like a Vesper with an odd angular protrusion on the secondary hull. The showrunner is currently calling it a "Neo-Constitution-class", which I think we can all agree is about the dumbest name it could possibly have.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I didn't see Elachi ships though.

There were several ships in the beginning, with an reddish orange light instead of the green, as seen in-game. They were flying around/docked with the federation ship early on.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    From one angle they do kinda look like the frigate. But from other angles they look more boomerang shaped.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    From one angle they do kinda look like the frigate. But from other angles they look more boomerang shaped.

It's the legs when they're in flight mode I'm curious to see if they roll with what STO has done story-wise or if they're going to go in a way that contradicts the game.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

It's the legs when they're in flight mode I'm curious to see if they roll with what STO has done story-wise or if they're going to go in a way that contradicts the game.

While the one right at the start looked like it could be either an Elachi Qulash or a Nausican ship flying sideways (like a flounder instead of a sunfish), and a Nausican boarding party was seen seconds later, the ships seen a little later do look very distinctly like Elachi walkers in flight mode.

It does not surprise me that STO-designed ships are appearing in the shows, having seen the behind-the-scenes special for DSC where one of the questions they asked the creative people what previous Treks they saw (if any), and most answers were the movies and only one or two mentioned any of the series. It is probable that some of some of the creative staff are STO players, and some of them might even have the game as their only exposure to Trek previous to the shows they are working on.

Also, CBS appears to be attempting to integrate the various Treks into a multimedia package vaguely along the lines of what Disney's Marvel did, so the inclusions would make in that respect too.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Thomas apparently confirmed they were Elachi, the producers choose the design from a set of “neutral” ships STO gave them.

While the one right at the start looked like it could be either an Elachi Qulash or a Nausican ship flying sideways (like a flounder instead of a sunfish), and a Nausican boarding party was seen seconds later, the ships seen a little later do look very distinctly like Elachi walkers in flight mode.

The boarding party didn't look Nausicaan to me.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    Season 3 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-QBUw8Rf0

In depth: Titan A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2HyyyIqmyw

if the narration is accurate, Titan A is a 3rd generation Constitution class
    Spock.jpg

• qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    I wonder what a “second generation” Constitution is then. I guess after the Kirk class, it is clear that we did eventually have some legacy of redesignsa or generations of ships. But there is already like 75 years between TOS and TNG. And Excelcior already shares some design language with the Constitution. If there weee good reasons to go back to a constitution design or a need for a design like that in the post TOS timeline, we should have already seen it. There was more than enough time and new designs that came out for that to have already happened. If the second generation of Constitution was prior to TNG it gets more confusing as to why the Enterprises of the TNG era were not Constitutions. If the second generation were after TNG, it would only be like 10 years old by now, which doesn’t seem old enough to require a third generation.

I guess Picard will have more than one Enterprise in service at the same time too. From a production standpoint maybe it makes sense to have this hyper-Constitution or hyper-Enterprise nostalgia, but I don’t know if it makes sense institutionally for Starfleet. Why wouldn’t a Titan look like a Luna class or a second-generation Luna? It is of course possible that there are more than one Titan in Starfleet, perhaps this Titan is not related to Riker’s Titan? It seems rather confused.

Also just generally, why do all Starfleet vessels have Earth naming conventions? You would think there would be more ships named using other federation planet’s languages. I realize it would be harder for the viewers, since we only speak Earth languages, but there is so much ouroborus going on with the current Trek—that we could certainly use more originality not just with our ship designs but also the names.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    well, we know at least 2 federation members build their own, Vulcan and Andoria. Maybe Earth is the principle builder of starfleet designs and the other members build their own too?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,497 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    well, we know at least 2 federation members build their own, Vulcan and Andoria. Maybe Earth is the principle builder of starfleet designs and the other members build their own too?

The TOS series bible identified the builder of the Enterprise as the space division of the San Francisco Naval Yards. The wording made it sound like they made all (or at least most) of that class, though later on there was talk about the design itself being a joint effort of several Federation member worlds.

In WWII sometimes ships made from the same plans by different yards were different enough that they could have been called different classes (and some were). I tend to think some of the kitbash kits in the game are probably pretty much the same thing, though others are obviously different because of role differences requiring different equipment instead of just where it was built.

Anyway, some of the names sounding Terran could also be an artifact of translation, for instance the all-Vulcan-crewed Intrepid could have been either one built and named by San Francisco Naval Yards and the Vulcans just did not rename it, or it could have actually been named the Vulcan word for the concept of Intrepid and the translators render it as the word in English to English speakers.
    qultuq wrote: »
    I wonder what a “second generation” Constitution is then.

Most likely the TMP refit.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    well, probably the second generation constitutions were built around the same time as the ambassadors. that would be light cruiser connie cruiser excelsior and heavy cruiser ambassador. it could very well be the second generation was not an exceptional design and they didn't build many, like the ambassador
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    well, probably the second generation constitutions were built around the same time as the ambassadors. that would be light cruiser connie cruiser excelsior and heavy cruiser ambassador. it could very well be the second generation was not an exceptional design and they didn't build many, like the ambassador

Unlikely as I think the Connies were starting to be mothballed by the time of Star Trek 6, largely replaced by the newer Excelsiors. However any built between TMP and ST6 would be in Refit configuration, so as I said earlier, the 2nd Gen Connies are most likely TMP refit.

The Enterprise herself lasted into I wanna say the 2280s before destruction, so at least 40 years from when she was built in 2245. And then the Enterprise-A was decommissionsed in the 2290s, but that doesn't include any service before becoming the Enterprise-A. If she was Yorktown before that, as some beta sources say, she would have been around for decades too. While some Connies survived and served into the 2360s, as there was at least one Connie wreck at Wolf 359, It would have been in a far more diminished capacity than even the Miranda. But I don't see any Connies being built by the time of the Ambassador class.

Frickin' Mirandas being the Jeeps of Starfleet.