test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 9/20/22

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited October 2022 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 9/20 at 5AM Pacific for 5.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    Wait resolved what infiltrator issue ?

So your saying Reman Captains are now a stupid roll. OK thanks for taking time to fix what wasn't broken Cryptic.

The only reason to roll remans was being able to BURN two trait slots to slot Standard Inf. Changing Remans when this is how they have worked since the launch of Delta is silly.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946 Mike mate the what time is it for me is incorrect. The Pacific time reads 7 am when it should read 5 am. No biggie dude as times can be changed by the player if they click on the modify event.
  • Options
    finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    husanakx wrote: »
    Wait resolved what infiltrator issue ?

So your saying Reman Captains are now a stupid roll. OK thanks for taking time to fix what wasn't broken Cryptic.

The only reason to roll remans was being able to BURN two trait slots to slot Standard Inf. Changing Remans when this is how they have worked since the launch of Delta is silly.

We really need to get rid of set species traits. Please, devs, make them optional choices. The benefit of rolling an alien was small at launch, when the selection of traits was very limited. Now there is no real reason beyond cosmetics to roll anything else, even more so with the possibility of small advantages other races like Remans might still have being taken away.
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    What about Endeavor points that I still can't earn? What's up with that or am I waiting a month to hear about it?
  • Options
    bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Why today out of all the days to doing a maintenence when you guys could've done this on Thursday instead? Just a thought here. :#
  • Options
    sunplio#8998 sunplio Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    (Trolling, ranting comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    (Trolling response to moderated comments removed. - BMR)
  • Options
    jcsww wrote: »
    When can we expect a nerf to SRO stacking?

Good question. I think anyone considering buying new boffs or upgrading boffs with Romulans on their fed or kdf toons should probably stop. At least until Cryptic clearly states that Romulans are intended to stack... when other boffs do not.
  • Options
    rc5150420rc5150420 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • Options
    stollcatstollcat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have one comment. I wish the designers would put a way to earn or be rewarded keys. I understand a profit level of having them for pay. Yet the boxes are so prolific that unless you have a million dollars for gaming use only you will never be able to afford keys to open them. I have boxes from 2013 that I still haven't opened. Just once in a while a key can be a win.
    I don't understand nerf consoles or things mentioned, but I have been an online member since 2012. I appreciate maintenance to a site but maybe this episode was rushed, seems to be a lot of long, LONG, shard maintenances. Thank you for the chance to voice. Carry on. ; )
  • Options
    stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    No fix for brightness-bug and stuckin' in a star-bug?
  • Options
    rc5150420rc5150420 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    (Discussion of moderation removed. - BMR)
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    flame post redacted - rattler
    Post edited by rattler2 on
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    Bort or whomever it is that is choosing to make Racial changes... as standard inf is a reman captain trait and how most people had chosen to stack the trait. If its no longer an option cause you guys have decided it was never intended. Ok not sure why it took 8 years to notice but its your game.

Going forward though. Please consider changing how traits and racial traits are chosen. Some of us spent money on race unlocks, and a lot of in game resources and real money gearing our Reman toons. Its fine if its not going to stack anymore but the reman optional trait is now pretty pointless. Consider moving all the racial traits into optional status. (last change years back you made half the racial traits optional) If you do that you can increase the trait slots by one for each race. At that point choosing a race still gives players the ability to slot those inate traits if they wish. But it also gives people that would prefer to fly a Reman the same "min max" potential level as choosing Alien. Thanks.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    I appreciate that they are going to take another look at the Inf trait... and probably make it work for players as it has for 8 years. Hopefully they correct their bug so it doesn't pop back up down the road. o7

What I have been talking about today though... regardless of changes to Reman is something they should consider. Unifying the number of traits selectable by players I mean. I'm not saying races shouldn't have access to unique racial traits. I think they should simply all be selectable. This would remove the very real opinion of most people playing that Alien is the most equal of all the choices. This would be good for Catians Cardasians and other premium races as well... at some point down the line power creep catches up, and sometimes it would just be nice to unslot those racial traits and treat your toon like a blank slate. Be it for yes yes DPS chasing reasons or even just Role play reasons. Not every human is going to be a great leader... some players may want to play a toon from a Psionic race the disavows attacking people that way.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Nice messages. It would be nicer if he posted them here too. Thanks for doing the legwork, Baddmoon.

Yeah people are freaking out about this on Reddit, too. Conspiracy theories abound about the BOFF upgrade and further species-specific nerfs, but the whole development played out in slow-motion on the bug forum. There was a report about the infiltrator trait not stacking properly. Christian confirmed i was stacking with different ranks, and said he had to investigate whether it was intended to stack. He must have found out it wasn’t.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1266770/reman-captain-trait-infiltrator-partially-broken
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I was actually happy with the change. It brought value to other races of Bridge Officers and would also help diversify crews instead of people feeling like they have to use all Romulans for their space seating. I still think no Bridge Officer traits should stack.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I would like to offer a suggestion to people wanting some very specific trait combinations on Bridge Officers. Like Bashir being genetically engineered. Would about a genertically engineered Bridge Officer that is one per character where the traits can be chosen from the traits that players are not using? Obviously, to keep some semblance of balance, it would be 1 space trait and 3 ground traits. This could be offered as a Dilithium sink or a C-Store purchase. Personally, I would prefer a C-Store purchase but either way. It would be something interesting in my opinion to have in the game.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    Nice messages. It would be nicer if he posted them here too. Thanks for doing the legwork, Baddmoon.
    Completely agree here. BMR does a great work trying to make sure news & info which gets posted on third-party sites gets re-posted here, on the official site/forums where it should have been in the first place!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @jcsww said:
    > I would like to offer a suggestion to people wanting some very specific trait combinations on Bridge Officers. Like Bashir being genetically engineered. Would about a genertically engineered Bridge Officer that is one per character where the traits can be chosen from the traits that players are not using? Obviously, to keep some semblance of balance, it would be 1 space trait and 3 ground traits. This could be offered as a Dilithium sink or a C-Store purchase. Personally, I would prefer a C-Store purchase but either way. It would be something interesting in my opinion to have in the game.

Sounds like a better system for a Boff upgrade than the underwhelming, overpriced “upgrade” token we got. The only problem is the tokens they made are selling well enough to justify keeping it the way it is.
This discussion has been closed.