test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Endeavor Perk Points

anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
With the expansion of Endeavor Perks, the number of perk points that I have been told that I have been earning since reaching the old cap is not reflected in the game.

Date that I reached 600 points: October 12, 2021.
Endeavors completed since then: All available, both Personal and Universal.
Days since completion: 335 before the patch, 336 now.
Number of points that should have been earned: Somewhere over 220.
Number of points available when cycling through all characters one time: 1.

As you can see, this is a rather large discrepancy.
This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    ...the number of perk points that I have been told that I have been earning since reaching the old cap is not reflected in the game.
    That's what being 'capped' means.
    600 points (capped) + 1 = 600 because they are capped!
    All those days since Oct 12th didn't earn you any points because you were at the maximum amount.
    Now, today, when the cap is raised, you are able to get your 600 + 1 = 601.
    WAI.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Side point - did you check ALL your alts? I had 3-5 points on each of my alts.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    All 18. 1 point on one character. Maybe I need to log her in 220+ times?
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • vveloxvvelox Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    perk points are not counting for account at 600, should have gotten one today, as i am less than 2000 points from level "601" in the endeavors now
    I neglected to add here that my Endeavor experience changed when I got the one point, but did not budge from that new total even after finishing the daily endeavors for the day.
    There's something broken on this. So many people are reporting getting almost to the new cap that there is clearly a specific problem.
    13,035 Endeavor experience gained today and not added to the display. No points gained.
  • m1k3d4m4g3m1k3d4m4g3 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    With the expansion of Endeavor Perks, the number of perk points that I have been told that I have been earning since reaching the old cap is not reflected in the game.

I'm in the same boat, completed endeavors about 1 year ago and have done them everyday since. I however received 12 perk points, whereas I should have gotten a LOT more. Logging in and out did not achieve anything. Nor am I getting the points for doing them now. Fix this please. For everyone.
    If the situation is counter diplomatic, then we must follow with force.
  • padjo2017padjo2017 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    +1
    Same thing happening to me. Character cycling gained me about 30 points, but missing well over 100 from most played character and it cannot earn any more endeavour points now. Ticket submitted too.
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User

Likewise man. I'm in this boat too. Stuck at 601 after seeing 1 point on 1 alt. Now I can't earn any points. My progress is stuck at 0/20,000.
    And I've run the endeavors the past 2 days. Nothing...
  • m1k3d4m4g3m1k3d4m4g3 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    padjo2017 wrote: »
    +1
    Same thing happening to me. Character cycling gained me about 30 points, but missing well over 100 from most played character and it cannot earn any more endeavour points now. Ticket submitted too.

I have refrained from submitting a support ticket for the simple fact that after 12yrs of playing STO (aside from complaints about non-participating TFO players) whenever the game screws up and does not award me items I'm supposed to receive it is either my fault or I'm told I did receive said item. So, to prevent the obvious negative conclusion on any support response and have the issue closed on my account, I am posting the issue here. The "It's your fault" go to response for support has also affected my willingness to spend money on the game over recent years.
    If the situation is counter diplomatic, then we must follow with force.
    I just discovered something.

The alt on whom I did the VAST majority of Endeavors in the past year since hitting 600 - a KDF Recruit - does NOT earn any Endeavor points toward Perks. I checked the total (and took a pic) before and after completing an Endeavor. While I received the box, it did NOT register an increase in points toward a Perk point.

If that's the bug, then the amount of points I ended up receiving makes a lot more sense - although I still can't figure out why I got varying amounts of 2-5 on different alts unless it was somehow tied to the alt on whom I just happened to have hit the 20K total by doing an Endeavor.

Someone else noted in the regular discussion thread that KDF alts don't earn points. Am going to test my other KDF recruit and KDF aligned ROM tomorrow. FED alts seem fine.

I am now incredibly irritated as I probably would be at the new cap if I had only done the Endeavors with virtually any other alt.
    The alt that I did nearly all of these with was TOS Starfleet Temporal Agent. As I and others have said here, we're also not getting Endeavor experience. It's likely that being massively shorted on perk points and not gaining experience are all part of the same bug. I might try different alts for completing Endeavors, but I have my doubts that the results will be different.

3 days of Personal Endeavors and a Universal so far not counting. 39,445 Endeavor xp lost on top of 220-221 perk points.
  • nametaken9999nametaken9999 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    The alt that I did nearly all of these with was TOS Starfleet Temporal Agent. As I and others have said here, we're also not getting Endeavor experience. It's likely that being massively shorted on perk points and not gaining experience are all part of the same bug. I might try different alts for completing Endeavors, but I have my doubts that the results will be different.

3 days of Personal Endeavors and a Universal so far not counting. 39,445 Endeavor xp lost on top of 220-221 perk points.

Just affirming that my situation and experience is nearly identical to yours. However, my main toon (the one I do most endeavors with) is my original toon from launch. I did have 6 points on my eng alt that ONLY does shield healing endeavors - which is about expected. I hit the cap on Jan 9, 2022, and should also have 170+ points earned since then.
  • darkthorne70darkthorne70 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Nearly identical to everybody else here, hit hit 600 around November 2021. did the endeavors daily after (mostly to earn stuff for other characters) and only got around 44 points and am not earny expirence.
  • chilleechillee Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    I can verify the same issue. I was one of the early cohort to reach 600 points. I only run one main alt and dont advance others despite all the recruitment events. Instead of spending, I have save the award boxes and have well over 500-600 of each box type.

I tried to cash in when I saw on Twitter the apparent ONLY official announcement that Endeavors was moving forward again, no points are rewarded and the progress bar doesn' t move.

So, not only have you nerf batted the Agony Redestributor to the point of uselessness for me, I can't advance my CritH/CritD to stay up on the DPS boards. Boo hoo. First world problems.

In all seriousness, I would love to be able to advance in the Endeavour board... hopefully sooner than the time it took to address the Agony Redistributor issues since it's release.

Thanks for your attention. this is the new Golden Age of Star Trek. Don't kill the Chicken that lays the Golden Eggs with all these issues... they do add up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I tried doing endeavors today on the one character that got a point out of all of this and the experience did advance, so at least there's hope on that front.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Endeavor related issues are known and being investigated internally.