test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Locked off storylines

corerunner#1772 corerunner Member Posts: 117 Arc User
I am wondering could we get a retune and reimplantation for 3 arcs in the game. For one Spectres could that mission be a mandatory side story for TOS characters ( similar to how the wasteland arc is for Romulan Republic characters). But for all applicable tunes can we get the Lost 2800 and the Dafari stories back into the Cardassian struggle arc. As those two have active story effects on Victory is life and Iconian war arcs respectively. Also for Wasteland can we have Law as a Bof for Romulan Republic characters.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Spectres, Lost 2800 and the Dafari arcs are all currently already in game, they start showing up around 30 to 60 lvl gap as incoming hails rather than in the main mission journal.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Spectres, Lost 2800 and the Dafari arcs are all currently already in game, they start showing up around 30 to 60 lvl gap as incoming hails rather than in the main mission journal.
    Nope, you need to be level 65 to get them. "Duties of Command" (KDF), "The Galaxy at Large" (Fed) or "The Bigger Picture" (Rom) must also have been completed. (Dominion requirements match their chosen allied faction.)
    Also for Wasteland can we have Law as a Bof for Romulan Republic characters.
    We already get him as a Duty Officer. And there's a seemingly endless supply of 'fancy' Bridge Officers already, I don't think we need another one - even though I'd like him a a boff too!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

Actually they're available around 65 now... in the Available tab.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Actually they're available around 65 now... in the Available tab.

Fed characters also need to finish a pointless low level mission called "The Galaxy at Large" (which most people probably skip when leveling alts) in order to make the Deferi arc appear.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • corerunner#1772 corerunner Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Yeah but those missions take place during the Cardassian struggle. Spectres at least could be part of the TOS character storyline as it's mentioned by Scotty in the tutorial. Having them be at least available earlier should get the Galaxy at large mission done easier. As it seems counterproductive to have it the way it is.
    Yeah but those missions take place during the Cardassian struggle. Spectres at least could be part of the TOS character storyline as it's mentioned by Scotty in the tutorial.

They might consider doing these things if they ever remaster those arcs, idk. The problem is that the devs aren't proud of them due to their age, they probably would have preferred to remove them altogether tbh but since some people like them a lot they moved them and locked them to level 65 instead.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Kael said in the more recent livestreams that the developers have decided to start on the revision of “Guardian of Forever” and unspecified “other” removed episodes. He said that they will still take a long time, because the new episodes will continue to take precedence.

We aren’t sure if that means Spectres is included or the scope of these updates. But hopefully we will find out some more in 6 months or so.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Yeah but those missions take place during the Cardassian struggle. Spectres at least could be part of the TOS character storyline as it's mentioned by Scotty in the tutorial.

They might consider doing these things if they ever remaster those arcs, idk. The problem is that the devs aren't proud of them due to their age, they probably would have preferred to remove them altogether tbh but since some people like them a lot they moved them and locked them to level 65 instead.

We could always use more TOS themed missions, I love dressing up and running around the 23rd century, what's the point in buying 23rd century Romulan uniforms from the Zen store if I only get to use them for a couple of missions.
    what's the point in buying 23rd century Romulan uniforms from the Zen store if I only get to use them for a couple of missions.

You can use them at any time, not just for 23rd century missions. I have a LOT of characters, and each are dedicated to a different era or theme.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    what's the point in buying 23rd century Romulan uniforms from the Zen store if I only get to use them for a couple of missions.

You can use them at any time, not just for 23rd century missions. I have a LOT of characters, and each are dedicated to a different era or theme.

Yeah there's to my knowledge no "period restricted" uniforms in game, if you got a 23c uniform feel free to use it when ever you wish to do so.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I've seen players running around in uniforms from all eras. Hell... I got a Kelvin Timeline themed character, a TMP era theme... my DSC character STILL runs around in her 2250s DSC uniform...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    One of my captains flies a temporal ship that looks like one of the 2260s ships. His entire crew is in TOS uniforms.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • botc76botc76 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I am wondering could we get a retune and reimplantation for 3 arcs in the game. For one Spectres could that mission be a mandatory side story for TOS characters ( similar to how the wasteland arc is for Romulan Republic characters). But for all applicable tunes can we get the Lost 2800 and the Dafari stories back into the Cardassian struggle arc. As those two have active story effects on Victory is life and Iconian war arcs respectively. Also for Wasteland can we have Law as a Bof for Romulan Republic characters.

I mean, all these stories were cut in an effort to stream-line the main storyline, so that it can be played faster.
    While I don't agree with that approach, just re-inserting them would go against why they were removed in the first place.
    I won't deny that some missions weren't particularly good or actually a drag, but there are also some really good parts in them.
    And tbh. it's not like we don't still have missions that are a bore to play through.
This discussion has been closed.