test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About the TOS tutorial cutscene

spalhazi#4494 spalhazi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
When creating a new TOS captain, right before you appear on the bridge there supposed to be a short cutscene, where your ship's flying in orbit and Captain Garett narrates what you're doing there.
The problem is that the cutscene appears to be completely random. Every time I create a new TOS captain there's a chance the cutscene won't play at all. At least that's what I've experienced.
Anyone else? Any workaround to make sure the cutscene will always appear no matter what?
Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    Are you on PC or console?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    ward101#8752 ward101 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    here my say too maybe bugs and got both console and pc
  • Options
    ward101#8752 ward101 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    well pc and ps4
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    On PC in this recruitment so far, the cutscene was bugged the first time and good the second time. I doubt it makes any difference, but the first character was Andorian while the second was human.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    I made a new TOS human to enjoy replaying the missions with a different career-pat and the cutscene did not play (PS4).
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    the only thing I've seen with the TOS tutorial is no on e explains full impulse and stopping the ship, and a bug where the engineering door closed and I could not get in to use the intercom, so I had to dump that toon and start again
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    the only thing I've seen with the TOS tutorial is no on e explains full impulse and stopping the ship...
    That's the first thing the tooltips did for me when I took the helm. The in-game 'computer voice' even read them out to me so I wouldn't miss them.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/