test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upgrade Requirements vs number of Members

mjtwelvemjtwelve Member Posts: 10 Arc User
I have a very small fleet, doesnt seens fair the amount of materials required are the same for a 5 player fleet and 200 players fleet. Requirements should be scaled for like max 10 members, 50, 100... some fleets will always be small because its prioritize quality over quantity... really miss it in sto.

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    This would never do. Fleets could then just start small to take advantage of reduced costs, then expand membership once they've upgraded everything.

The Armada system was developed to help smaller Fleets advance. Gamma Fleets have reduced costs as compared to Alpha and Beta Fleets in the Armada. Additionally, Armada members can contribute to other Fleets' projects within the Armada.

Sounds like your Fleet would do well to join an Armada to help alleviate your Fleet's building costs. Good luck!
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    mjtwelvemjtwelve Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Armadas usually ask for about 50 active members, that's no go since its a close friends fleet... i agree with the exploit it would be start small and boom the fleet later. But there is a simple solution for that where it would ask for the materials before hand if you want expand the fleet... so pay in advance the sum amount of materials to have more players in...
    I have been in some games that work like that, it seens a perfect balance to avoid this kind of exploit... anyway we have been away from the fleet system for a long time might still keep like that...