test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot start the Kobali Front mission

admiralfoxcake#7613 admiralfoxcake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have a discovery-era captain, and have finished every previous mission (they all show as replay or unreplayable). Admiral Janeway keeps auto-hailing just to say things are peaceful. However, after selecting the first dialogue option (the info one), she changes dialogue to say there's something interesting she wants me to look into, but still doesn't give me the option to start, but the change in dialogue makes me think it was supposed to be there. I'm also way past the minimum rank (I'm currently 59, minimum rank is 51). I'm unable to progress in the main story since the mission is unskippable. I'm also not able to enter Kobali Prime so even getting the Kobali Crisis missions doesn't let me progress or trans-warp and even dropping them does nothing.

Comments

• amleth125amleth125 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I just reported the same problem to a new thread before I found this one. Support that I talked to said it's a known bug for Disco Captains, and a patch is in development, but no telling when it will be applied. We're unable to skip or progress until that happens, other Disco Captains beware.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,999 Arc User
    Have a look through all previous story arcs for any unplayed/unskipped missions as these will prevent progress in later story arcs even if you've got some missions already played in them.
    Be sure to click the "Skip" button or "Play" those missions.

If you've done that, you should then be able to Play "The Kobali Front".

If you're still experiencing problems, then I can better help if you are able to provide screenshots of your entire mission journal (a tall order, I know) or perhaps record a short video showing each page.
    This is the advice I've been sharing above as I've become a bit of an expert on finding and fixing Story Journal issues.
    However, if there is indeed a bigger bug affecting Discovery-era captains, then I may not be able to help.
    Still, I'd like to try, if you'll let me...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Sorry to bring up an old post, but I just tried to play the Kobali Front on my KDF recruit but cannot access any of the missions.
  • renebrehmer#9819 renebrehmer Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    sukhothai wrote: »
    Sorry to bring up an old post, but I just tried to play the Kobali Front on my KDF recruit but cannot access any of the missions.

Did all the Kobali stuff on my KDF recruit with no issues during the double XP event last weekend, but we have had an update since that may have buggered it.
    Have you taken the mission "The Kobali Front" from the Delta Quadrant story arc in the Journal? Completing it unlocks the Kobali Prime missions for you.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Have you taken the mission "The Kobali Front" from the Delta Quadrant story arc in the Journal? Completing it unlocks the Kobali Prime missions for you.

Yes, I completed the introduction with Harry Kim, but did not get any of the missions afterwards.
    Have you spoken with General Q'nel in the building opposite Harry? Perhaps take a look at the Episode Replay console just outside on the left?
    If the missions are already listed there, than you've already completed the Act I, II and III wrapper missions.
    If not, the General should have the first mission, Hanchon Sadalore (at the first hillside base) has the second, and then the General has the third one.
    They might also be in the "Available"/"Incoming Hails" tab of your mission journal.