test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Red Gravity Well Destroyed PvP

voyagergonoszvoyagergonosz Member Posts: 27 Arc User
edited September 2022 in PvP Gameplay
The trait from the 10th anniversary pack "Temporal Anchor" aka RED Gravity Well completely destroyed the balance in PvP. Mainly not the trait itself that have the effect of constantly putting every ability even weapons on constant cooldown but the availability of 25000 zen which is 250 dollars. And that's the only and cheapest way. 250 dollars. they released this in the middle of the pandemic when obviously very few people have money and still only the wealthy players can afford it. Than those are fortunate to have it coming to PvP warzone and and PvP arenas and literally trolling the living soul and mood out of everyone who cannot afford it. Why Legendary ships cannot be available individually? Even if its 4000-5000 zen almost all player can afford it. What is the purpose to divide the player base and making veteran players quit for the crazy inequality and trolling by arrogant rich people in the game. Anyone with basic marketing knowledge would understand that even their profit would be bigger if the Legendary ships could be purchased individually.

Any thought on this?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• anubis77canubis77c Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Hey there, I'm an avid pvper and only just now discovering these forums.

A few notes: Red Gravity Well doesn't cost quite that much but I completely agree - the only way to get it is to buy the 10th legendary bundle which really sucks. It essentially creates a P2W barrier (and it's really hard for me to admit that) where even the best dil>zen farmers would struggle to afford it. I hope they make all of the legendary ships available individually someday but based on the price of single-ship legendary packs I think they would be still stupidly priced even if they could be had alone.

The main problem with red gravity well is not the accessibility. And I say this as someone who has one of those high end red grav builds that I use in Ker'rat and Arenas. The problem is that Red Gravity wells STACK.

If Red Grav did not stack, or if there were a lockout period i.e. if you are affected by the cooldown tick from red grav, you can't be affected again for 0.5 seconds or 1 second, the whole issue would be resolved. Red Grav would still be used as a method of control to cause problems for you, but it wouldn't be completely broken. As it stands right now, if the other team has 2 or 3 players with red gravity well, and the coordinate and all 3 put red grav on you at the same time, you're done. Even worse if they get aftershocks from the doff.

I sincerely hope someone happens to see this who is able to make changes like that. One minor balance pass on red grav and we'd be having a great time again. I just hope the balance is done with a light hand - I remember when Feedback Pulse was insanely overpowered, then 9 months later it was nerfed so hard it became completely worthless. I'd like Red grav to still have some utility - like I said, a short lockout but that lockout only occurs *if* you are affected by it. If that's not enough then tweak the duration of the lockout period.

PvP Guides and Build Help Videos

Co-Founder of OrganizedPvP https://discord.gg/Uf2ywQvfsg
    -STO- Community Fleet Officer & Build Advisor (21,000 characters, 3800+ unique players active on discord)
    Build Curator for STOBUILDS
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    The trait from the 10th anniversary pack "Temporal Anchor" aka RED Gravity Well completely destroyed the balance in PvP. ...

Any thought on this?

PvP died years ago, and it was the devs that killed it. But congrats to the ten guys who still believe in it.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    You necro’d the thread, but they actually seriously nerfed this gravity well two weeks ago. So this tread isn’t even relevant to the current state of the game.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.