test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ok fine if you won't make a SNW starfleet how about a compromise?

Ok fine if you won't make a SNW starfleet well how about a compromise? please add aliens to TOS starfleet I believe this would be a sufficient because I have no interest in playing as a human vulcan or tellarite because I prefer to have creative freedom with my characters such as creating hybrids things like creating a Klingon romulan hybrid, I believe the alien is one of the most important parts of STO and TOS players can't do it
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    I swear I successfully embeded an image once. But I have no idea how I got it to work that one time.

[img]http://i.ibb.co/1qbgtk3/0laz8gudwk8a.jpg [/img]
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    SNW = Discovery Era, which is already available.

However, I'd like to see Andorians, Tellarites and Saurians added to Discovery-era species as they are prevalent in the show.
    The consequence here would be that Saurians should also be added to TOS too. Having Caitians available for TOS would also make sense.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    At the very least the TOS races should have a wider range of skin and hair colors and height range since a lot of the races shown in the series were mainly done with skin colors that are not common (or exist at all) on Earth, and by using actors who were unusually tall or short.

Most of the races shown in Journey to Babel (which were all Federation members and therefore had the potential for Starfleet recruits) could be done with just the Human, Vulcan, Tellarite, and Andorian generators if the skin and hair colors (and height range) were expanded, or a limited "alien" tab could be made that included those makeups but not the rubber foreheads and whatnot from TNG if the devs don't want "modern" aliens in AoY.

Now that AoY is an annual event it would be nice to be able to do some of the more exotic TOS types to help keep it fresh year to year, like an Ithenite (impossible to do the copper-colored skin and short stature) or Violacean (no purple skin tones available).

Right now, you can almost do a Zambean (or possibly a Capellan, since while they were low-tech the cold war dragged them into interstellar affairs so one or more could have gotten into Starfleet similar to the way Saru did) though they would be a bit short for their species (I will probably do one of them as an AoY character this year, though it would be better to be able to do a more average-height-for-the-species one).

Also, some of the crazier TOS alien hairstyles seen in that episode would be good.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    It really boils down to is getting or waiting to get permission from CBS / Paramount + on if and when they can be included in game. Some copyrights may be owned by a third party and not by CBS / Paramount + i.e. certain ships. Some items / races / uniforms etc get the go ahead early, but some things it's either a waiting game or never.