test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Got some general questions regarding upgrading items and fleet stuff

displayname666#9033 displayname666 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited August 2022 in The Academy
Thanks to google, youtube and this forum I've been able to figure out how to upgrade items, how to properly grind for dilithium, etc. I accepted a fleet invite that seems to be a very small fleet of players that like me just 'needed to be in a fleet' so we can mine more dilithium in the dilithium fleet holdings place.

But as I explored the different fleet bases I discovered I can do much more than grind for more dilithium but also there are vendors where it looks like I can purchase weapons, shields, etc for my ship and even ground equipment that I can't find anywhere else(not even the exchange) for either energy credits or dilithium.

...But when I got enough dilithium to get a beam weapon for my ship and tried to buy it from one of these fleet vendors I got the message "You don't have permission to buy fleet provision items".

So how do I get this permission? What does that even mean?

Also have an additional question regarding upgrading items. I upgraded one beam weapon to XV and the quality is rare. Out of curiosity, how do I upgrade it to epoch quality? Do I just keep applying upgrades as if it will go to XVI? (I've been told XV is the highest items go).
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    Your fleet's leadership determines who has access to what. Ask them what their requirements are, if any, to gain access to your fleet's stores. Good luck! 🖖
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    I upgraded one beam weapon to XV and the quality is rare. Out of curiosity, how do I upgrade it to epoch quality? Do I just keep applying upgrades as if it will go to XVI? (I've been told XV is the highest items go).
    Once an item hits Mk XV, you can indeed keep applying upgrades for a chance at increasing the quality of an item.
    Once the upgrade bar fills, you can apply the Upgrade and if the quality goes up, the quality bar will reset but if the quality stays the same, the current upgrade probability will stay and you can apply more upgrades to keep increasing the chance of an upgrade. This is sure to be a drain on your Dilithium, though...

The best option is to watch out for Red Alert events as the reward for these is an Ultimate Upgrade which will take any item and upgrade it fully to Mk XV and Epic Quality. No more need to upgrade that item!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • displayname666#9033 displayname666 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I upgraded one beam weapon to XV and the quality is rare. Out of curiosity, how do I upgrade it to epoch quality? Do I just keep applying upgrades as if it will go to XVI? (I've been told XV is the highest items go).
    Once an item hits Mk XV, you can indeed keep applying upgrades for a chance at increasing the quality of an item.
    Once the upgrade bar fills, you can apply the Upgrade and if the quality goes up, the quality bar will reset but if the quality stays the same, the current upgrade probability will stay and you can apply more upgrades to keep increasing the chance of an upgrade. This is sure to be a drain on your Dilithium, though...

The best option is to watch out for Red Alert events as the reward for these is an Ultimate Upgrade which will take any item and upgrade it fully to Mk XV and Epic Quality. No more need to upgrade that item!

oh wow thanks for telling me about the red alert event! I'll keep an eye out for that. oh and about the fleet question, I'll have to find a more active fleet because my fleet is so inactive there's not even any project for me to donate to, so my fleet marks just keep piling up lol. I'll go to the appropriate place on this forum to look for a better fleet. :)
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    oh wow thanks for telling me about the red alert event! I'll keep an eye out for that.
    There's one coming up - Sept 6th until 13th.
    https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11524483
    You need five progress out of the seven days to get the Upgrade and Spec Point.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/