test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CREDIT FOR KILLS

gchewitt#2784 gchewitt Member Posts: 35 Arc User
Today's Universal Endeavor is to kill the captain on Nukara. I've completed the TFO 3 times and not gotten credit for defeating the Project Leader captain. This is a general question I've wanted to ask for a while. In a group, whether in a TFO of battleground, who gets credit for a kill? Is it the one who delivers the last bit of damage, everyone who gives a certain percentage or amount of damage, or is the credit randomly distributed?

Answers

• Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    It looks to me like it gives credit to everyone who does enough damage to the target . It feels to me like it’s about 20-30%. Some bosses may allow for a lower overall percentage—Dreadnoughts, Gates, T-rexes—battle zone bosses especially when you may have more than 5 players.

If for regular targets the threshold is only 20%, then theoretically if everyone in the TFO did exactly an equal amount of damage, they could all get the point. If it is 30%–only three could get the point if they were all equal. So likely, in most situations, probably only one or two would credit for a kill.

Trandimensional Tactics, however, is a pain in the Tribble. I normally need to run it 2-3 times to get a kill point on the Tholian Captain. The Captain just doesn’t have enough hit points. If you don’t camp by the spawn point, you don’t have a chance.

I appreciate that the Developers want people to try a TFO that doesn’t get a lot of love. But it doesn’t get love for a reason. With the power creep it is no challenge and the mechanics are just poor and dated.