test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes for 8/23/22

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited September 2022 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 8/23 at 6AM Pacific for 3.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Well, if we're gonna have Red Alerts again, then this'll give me a chance to farm for some much needed marks.

*Edit: turns out I was in error and misread the patch notes.
    Post edited by roninwolf1981#2968 on
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Well, if we're gonna have Red Alerts again, then this'll give me a chance to farm for some much needed marks.

We're not having Red Alerts again. That's for Console.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User

We're not having Red Alerts again. That's for Console.

My mistake.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
  • Options
    lionluna#7798 lionluna Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i am experiencing some type of Over Brightness now with this patch, its so bright i cant play. a whitewashing .
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    Over 5 hours with no update. Is there an estimated time for the game to be playable?
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    It seems to be working now.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    I haven't had trouble playing it. I've just noticed that my hangar bays don't show on the HUD. They're there on the ship info box, but not on the HUD. I have them launching automatically, so I do have pets.

Also, the disappearing traits is back again. For me anyway. They had been sticking pretty good till now.

Bit of update. It appears to be happening with my main acct, she's in the Alliance carrier. I swapped ships to the Breen lobster and that bay was visible. I swapped back and still no carrier bays on the HUD.

Also, on an alt acct, no problems with her Alliance carrier bays showing up. It's weird.

Off to update my bug report.

Seems that dismissing the ship and reclaiming it worked. I have my bays back on the HUD.
    Post edited by echatty on
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    therealescott68therealescott68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So, it's apparently patching every single file? I'm at 4% patched and it's downloaded 150Mb? How big is this patch?
  • Options
    grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    all screens out of mission had brightness filter removed, try reapply is useless, interact with Doffs or admiralty is near impossible
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    > @grifithrkv said:
    > all screens out of mission had brightness filter removed, try reapply is useless, interact with Doffs or admiralty is near impossible

Have you tried changing in-game Brightness setting from 190 to 100 and then applied it?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    no-effect, brightness calibration is completely useless after this patch
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    grifithrkv wrote: »
    no-effect, brightness calibration is completely useless after this patch

Sorry that did not work. Apparently it works for some but not all people. Also, do as keepcalmchiveon suggests.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
This discussion has been closed.