test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MUDD'S PRIMARY FACTION CHOICE PACK!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
edited September 2022 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Captains on PC can get their hands on a new Mudd Bundle with a ship from each Primary Faction!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11524283
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Not enough choice in there to interest me. If the Mirror Warship, Universe Class, and Atlas were options. I would be sold. Then again, the Universe Class deserves the legendary treatment for being an on-screen ship that had the name, Enterprise.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    jcsww wrote: »
    ...the Universe Class deserves the legendary treatment for being an on-screen ship that had the name, Enterprise.
    Technically, we only had a picture of it on a screen and not the ship itself. By that standard, then we should also have these getting the Legendary treatment:
    16d11e9595188dbad0418a85f0351aba.jpg
    Enterprise+XCV-330+1.jpg
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    l3eowulfl3eowulf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Can I ask why the Recon ship was chosen, given it has been in a Lobi store special in the past, and that the Strike Ship is in another Mudd's bundle, and the Legendary version recently came out?
    Why not the Jem'Hadar Light Battlecruiser instead?
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    l3eowulf wrote: »
    Can I ask why the Recon ship was chosen, given it has been in a Lobi store special in the past, and that the Strike Ship is in another Mudd's bundle, and the Legendary version recently came out?

The bug sells better. Their metrics obviously indicate that the Strike Ship, which was also in another bundle the Mudd's Out of this Wormhole Bundle--is most likely to continue to sell. But you are right. This is a risky bundle. A lot of the whale playerbase already has access to the bug and Crossfield. The Sarcophagus has a killer trait, but it is ugly. Considering, I wish we had more chances for Klingon ships--I kind of hope this set sells well. But I am not buying it. The 50$-per-ship price point does not sit well with me. And even if it did, as Beowulf says, there is a lot of redundancy. 150$, 300$, 600$ for Honored Dead is hard to justify even for hardcore players.

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

There were 2 promo 'bug' ships, just like there were 2 promo Elachi command/intel ships. Both Elachi ships were released in separate bundles, just like the Recon ship is being released now.
  • Options
    l3eowulfl3eowulf Member Posts: 7 Arc User

There were 2 promo 'bug' ships, just like there were 2 promo Elachi command/intel ships. Both Elachi ships were released in separate bundles, just like the Recon ship is being released now.

Perhaps, but there wasn't a Legendary Elachi ship, there is a Legendary Bug Ship, a mere few months old.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

Perhaps, but there wasn't a Legendary Elachi ship, there is a Legendary Bug Ship, a mere few months old.

Legendary versions are not the same as Promo ships, whether it's seating or specializations. TOS Temporal Light Cruiser (aka the original T6 Constitution Class starship) is not the same as the 10th Anniversary Legendary T6 TOS Light Cruiser Constitution.

The only similarity is that the Legendary version can look like the Promo version.
This discussion has been closed.