test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DO YOU BELIEVE IN A NO WIN SCENARIO?

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
edited September 2022 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Battle the Kobayashi Maru and the Arena of Sompek during this special event, and unlock the Sompek Energy Rebounder!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11522983
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    "Participating in this Event will give all players the opportunity to win a Flyable Freighter and Epic-Quality Admiralty Ship for their entire account! Keep reading for details on these items, how you can participate in the Event, and what additional prizes may be earned. "

Since the actual part about the event rewards doesn't reflect this, I assume it's just once again a copy & paste error - or do we really get to earn the Kobayashi Maru a second time?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    thejigsaw#6577 thejigsaw Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I hope we can win that freighter, it is a big part of Star Trek lore. Hoping we hear more in the week to come!
  • Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Erm, as mentioned above, you may wish to revise the part I've highlighted below.
    nkxxe4dyr51x.jpg
    No, that's from the last time they ran the event. This is another lazy copy/paste error.
    Not quite the last time, but the 2nd or perhaps 3rd time ago, from June 2020. The last time was the "Temporal Hack" kit module and the two before that was the "Kobayashi Maru Transponder" and the "Kobayashi Maru & Tong'duj Freighters" - I just can't remember which way around they came.
    Still, you are spot on about it being a copy-paste error and that we're, unfortunately, not getting another chance at the ships!

Now, if anyone's up for a little mischief, let's all make low-level characters and use our Kobayashi Maru's to defend the Kobayashi Maru in the Kobayashi Maru event...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    Made a topic for this one already in general discussions.

As i mentioned there:

Reward looks interesting, but i wish there was an option to go past 7 rounds to see if people actually learned how to use those fancy new ground toys we got last year.

One thing which eludes me is if this Sompek Energy rebounder is a kit or kit module. It feels like a kit module, but it is described as a kit.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Glad to see the erroneous references to the Freighter ships have been removed, but also consider these changes for the following sentence:
    "Keep reading for details on these this items, how you can participate..."
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Yeah, I really miss the the version where you could keep going round after round until everyone fails, there's no reason why they can't find a way to provide both.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Battle the Kobayashi Maru and the Arena of Sompek during this special event, and unlock the Sompek Energy Rebounder!
    >
    > https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11522983

The subject of both of the clauses are the same. That sentence doesn’t need a comma.
  • Options
    scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    The only reason this is a no win scenario is because either deliberately hot bar heals are been prevented from activating or due to server quality processing , Crpytics servers can not respond to the hot bar requests because of the TRIBBLE glowing all over the screen, over Gig fibre pressing my miracle worker repair seven times didn't trigger when under a borg assault stage 6. There's fun then there is just frustration, frustration is log out and go do something else.
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
This discussion has been closed.