test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any chance the alliance ships will become available again in the future?

senko#7572 senko Member Posts: 6 Arc User
With the recent alliance vanity shield and uniforms I started looking into the alliance ships and realized they had been the 10, 11 and 12th anniversay rewards which I missed having started playing around July. So since the only alliance ships were all promotion ones I'm wondering if there's any chance they'll be released in mudds store, phoenix store, other at some point in the future or at least another alliance ship made available?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Well, considering no one here on the forum can actually answer that question for you, it sounds like a good one to ask in the Q&A thread. Good luck. 😊
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • senko#7572 senko Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Thank you for the suggestion posted there, perhaps they'll even answer it.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    This was answered in the last livestream. After referring to the transcript, it looks like Kael said:

"Will there be a way to get previously missed Khitomer Alliance ships? Yes. They will be going somewhere. Where, I don't know. But that discussion has been brought up. Thomas brought it up as a potential Mudd's bundle recently. I don't know if that went anywhere though. Um, they may end up in the phoenix box or something like that too."

Here is a link to the video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X8hThrEHJps

The exact quote is at 8:50
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I’m sorry I didn’t take any notes about what time he talked about it.

Looking at the livestream summary topics posted here (copied from reddit) might give rough a idea (beginning, middle, end).
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    They basically completely abandoned the concept of the Khitomer Alliance at this point. So much work was put into the uniforms and ships, they appeared in a story mission and that was it. Nothing, no fleet project, no reputation, no stories, no items, no subfaction and the items are curiosities potentially locked away behind a expensive mudd bundle.

It's a shame really...
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    That's a shame, like I said I can see it working in lore. Thanks for letting me know it was answered in the livestream I hadn't watched that. So just hope they will show up in Mudd's at some point in the future. Even if people in general don't like the concept there are those of us like me who would like the ships and they have already made them so they can make a bit of money back by making them available to those who missed them.
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > Looking at the livestream summary topics posted here (copied from reddit) might give rough a idea (beginning, middle, end).

I don’t think Som posted one this week—or at least I haven’t found it. If I get ambitious, I will watch it again this afternoon. It is a great community service that Som does for us.
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    Here's an idea for the Dev's add past event ships into the event campaign.
    Ok. I was mistaken. Kael did not say he would look into further. Here it the exact quote:

At 8:51 Kael said, "Will there be a way to get previously missed Khitomer Alliance ships? Yes. They will be going somewhere. Where, I don't know. But that discussion has been brought up. Thomas brought it up as a potential Mudd's bundle recently. I don't know if that went anywhere though. Um, they may end up in the phoenix box or something like that too."
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @spielman1 said:
    > Not really nothing personal but it made no sense at all when they already have factions in the game, they are ignoring adding another one would just expand that issue, the Kitomer alliance also made no sense at all for a single arc it was well out there and did a lot of stuff most the community didn't like either the whole mix the ships designs got attacked the uniforms and the story itself. SO i can see why they left it at its current state and left it be as the community over all had issues with it.

Considerimg the games' story does not involve factions any more and unification is already reached in gameplay AND is written into the future lore I consider it a missed opportunity. It's futile to still think in factions. They are not coming back.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited August 2022
    > @corinthalas said:
    > If I recall correctly, the only reason that feature is still in the game is because it's so deeply written into the core engine that ripping it out would be too much work. So, like a lot of legacy aspects in STO, they've found ways to work around it instead...for better or worse.

Even then Kael said in a more recent livestream that we are “closer” to cross-faction teaming. So regardless of whether the STO story plans to return to the Khitomer alliance, their seems to be developer interest in further blurring or hiding the faction line.

From Som’s write-up August 6th:

“There is a pretty good chance cross faction teaming will come at some point. Cryptic is looking into it right now.”

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/v89x9h/ten_forward_weekly_6822/
    Post edited by qultuq on
    edited August 2022
    Either way there's a chance I'll be able to get the ships which is what I want. I don't mind if it as a future event award, mudds market, phoenix box or the like just that they'll come back with some way to obtain them. Since there are only 3 alliance ships having no way to get them is unfortunate. Federation, Klingon, Romulan, numerous minor factions have multiple ways to get a ship even if its not the one you want but if you want to have an alliance ship as it fits into the current game lore there isn't one if you missed those 3 events.
This discussion has been closed.