test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion for "the last miranda"

stusaysmoostusaysmoo Member Posts: 42 Arc User
So I, like many players have been very much enjoying the huge variety of kitbash opportunities presented by the Miranda class and all its vairants.
There is however, one missing version of this ship that I would love to see.. and just in case it was not already requested there are 2 key features that I think would really "round off" the whole exercise in an extremely pleasing way..

1. Give us a Miracle Worker Miranda variant, being the only type that now does not exist in the game
2. Give it a secondary hull, and really blast open the kitbash options for this cool "ship designer" you have going

Stu

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    stusaysmoo wrote: »
    2. Give it a secondary hull, and really blast open the kitbash options for this cool "ship designer" you have going

Uh... I don't think a secondary hull would work. The whole thing with the Miranda is that it doesn't have one. Maybe they can use the concept art for the Miranda to make a new variant, but I don't see a secondary hull being an option. Would probably be a lot MORE work to make it work with all currently available variants.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    A ring-drive Miranda would be interesting, it could represent a wartime quick build at a Vulcan shipyard using parts at hand that turned out to be better than expected and went into regular production, similar to the way the Centaur class (which was one of the "kitbash fleet" from the DS9 series) went mainstream.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Offer Kobyashi maru parts and the concept miranda (the one where the engines were going to be one top ) would be cool.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    For me, the defining characteristic of the Miranda class is that it has no Stardrive section. If you add one in, it's no longer a Miranda class.
  • Options
    I think you may be missing the point of this suggestion. The Miranda class has established itself as the only ship currently in-game with enough parts for you to actually be able to create new designs of your own. The variation there is already really deep. There is absolutely no point in creating another "canon" miranda variant.. there are already too many. The goal is to add few more different options (there are already some where the nacelles connect to a separated, if rather tiny hull!) that expand the possibilities of the existing parts.

No need to be all "get off my canon" about it :P there is plenty of that already.

Stu
  • Options
    this is basically the closest we will ever come to a ship designer.. so the more possibilities the better.
  • Options
    xznpkem97aw2.png
    h98foqkvxb0x.png
    5wiw0ymtt1kb.png
  • Options
    some examples of what you can do already
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    My ideas for future Miranda variants are:

1) SNW Farragut
    2) Theseus if the size is right (might need to limit kitbashing options, idk)
    3) a 32c design of some kind
    4) something inspired (can't be identical) by the Poseidon from Star Trek: Legacy (basically an Enterprise era Miranda):
    2up17eq3jx12.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Okay, now I have to know - what are the parts for the Wanda?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    No need to be all "get off my canon" about it :P there is plenty of that already.

Its not about canon. Its they have to make ALL parts play well together for kitbashing. And that is for every variant. Adding a secondary hull would either mean locking it to a certain saucer or doing some significant reworking of all variants to be able to use it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    as I already said, they have a separated hull with nacelles already in the kitbash, albeit a small one (2nd picture above)

maybe you are overthinking this? more parts=more possibilities.. if that wasn't possible we wouldn't have so many options already right?

Lets keep the glass half full.
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    Okay, now I have to know - what are the parts for the Wanda?

ok gimme a sec i will get you a screenie.. i feel a kitbash thread coming on
  • Options
    hb85bvxzkhzq.jpg
  • Options
    there you go!
  • Options
    hard to believe that first pic is the same ship...
  • Options
    somebody say they wanted a 32c miranda? :) i can send you the parts list haha
  • Options
    hb85bvxzkhzq.jpg
    Thanks! Now I just need to spend a T6 coupon on a Clarke... :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    somebody say they wanted a 32c miranda? :) i can send you the parts list haha

I know you can get detached nacelles with a certain part combination, but I meant an actual 32c design 😎
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    My advice, wait for a sale on the legendary, you get all the parts except the new boseman included..
  • Options

Unless you have the Legendary Miranda you wouldn't get those TOS nacelles.
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

Unless you have the Legendary Miranda you wouldn't get those TOS nacelles.
    Yeah, I've resigned myself to not getting those, but I think that setup might look all right with the old Miranda nacelles. Maybe even the modern highlighters, although I'm less confident of that.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I've resigned myself to not getting those, but I think that setup might look all right with the old Miranda nacelles. Maybe even the modern highlighters, although I'm less confident of that.

Well... all I can say on the Legendary Miranda is... if possible save up and wait for a sale. As someone who has used the Dilithium Exchange for years, I've pretty much accepted I ain't getting all the shiny quickly. It becomes a long term goal. Moreso with the current state of the economy. Annoying, but satisfying when you do achieve that goal.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    3. Add the latest Miranda parts to the legendary…

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    crm14916 wrote: »
    3. Add the latest Miranda parts to the legendary…

CM

Then they'd have to do that with every legendary ship that has a variant that comes out after said legendary.
This discussion has been closed.