test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 8/16/22

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
edited August 2022 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 8/16 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    The hell do pirates know about stealth detecting? Pirates are BY NATURE stealthy - that trait boosting stealth was NOT a mistake, but changing it was.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    There was a bug report about the pirate trait. Apparently it was a holdover from when stealth and perception were tied to the same skill. At least according to the trait description, it was intended to boost perception and not stealth. Outside of PVP is detecting cloaked ship even useful? I can’t think of an episode where I can uncover a cloaked ship.

It is a real shame about temporal anchor. The PVP community is really upset about it. I do have it slotted on a few toons. I guess I need to unlock some better traits. At least you can level a ship in 4 patrols even if you are too lazy to put any consoles on it…sure it only does about 4,000 Dps with the stock consoles. But who wants to set up a ship you will likely only fly 4 times? Not me, obviously.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    The hell do pirates know about stealth detecting? Pirates are BY NATURE stealthy - that trait boosting stealth was NOT a mistake, but changing it was.​​

Can't be a very good pirate if you can't spot opportunities to exploit.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    As for the GW trait change: 20% chance to trigger each second does seem a bit high. Reload debuffing isn't the power's main purpose, so if it performs better in that regard than some other powers (admittedly, when those are not buffed) then a correction seems reasonable.

Although I must say that reducing its trigger chance to almost nothing seems a bit too much of a nerf.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    The hell do pirates know about stealth detecting? Pirates are BY NATURE stealthy - ...
    Methinks you have confused Pirates with Ninjas!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • trekadicttrekadict Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    And right now, I can't even sign into the Arc client, never mind the game. All I get is constant timeout in spite of known working Internet connection, checking other games and this website working fine.
    Prime Minister of the Anglo-German Empire
  • fury13#4394 fury13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Got the Sagan Class however shows up as a Parliament Class even though still says it is a Sagan Class
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    Got the Sagan Class however shows up as a Parliament Class even though still says it is a Sagan Class

pjxgwS8.jpg
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    foxman00 wrote: »

yay...another update from the more official form of communication. why must we wait for a person to post from that location to here?

great job CM, and bad. (not)

They did post about it here. It is in General Discussion, in the STO Short News Updates thread.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator

yay...another update from the more official form of communication. why must we wait for a person to post from that location to here?

Wait. Did you just call ME out over that? I'd have posted it, if I'd any notification about the tweet, but I didn't for some reason. Seems his tweet was in response to someone else's tweet and that's the only reason I can think of why I didn't get the notification. Still, even I have my limits on how much social media I can keep abreast of in a day. Sorry. 🤷‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator

Wait. Did you just call ME out over that? I'd have posted it, if I'd any notification about the tweet, but I didn't for some reason. Seems his tweet was in response to someone else's tweet and that's the only reason I can think of why I didn't get the notification. Still, even I have my limits on how much social media I can keep abreast of in a day. Sorry. 🤷‍♀️

lol...considering you have been posting many of the updates and and stuff lately...

I try to help where I can.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    And you are doing a great job with that. It is a big help to the community to have updates posted here, even if most of the STO hardcore users are using Reddit or other channels for STO news. So thank you.
  • warknighterin#5224 warknighterin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Any info on today's maintenance?
    > @warknighterin#5224 said:
    > Any info on today's maintenance?

It is an emergency patch to fix the Sagan bug.
  • warknighterin#5224 warknighterin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    > @qultuq said:
    > > @"warknighterin#5224" said:
    > > Any info on today's maintenance?
    >
    > It is an emergency patch to fix the Sagan bug.

Thanks, any idea on how long it'll be? Or is it 150 minutes like yesterday?

Edit: Nvm.
    Post edited by warknighterin#5224 on
    As for the GW trait change: 20% chance to trigger each second does seem a bit high. Reload debuffing isn't the power's main purpose, so if it performs better in that regard than some other powers (admittedly, when those are not buffed) then a correction seems reasonable.

Although I must say that reducing its trigger chance to almost nothing seems a bit too much of a nerf.

They should have put a per-target cooldown on how often it can trigger and left it at 20%. Because at 2%, it might as well not have that effect at all. FFS, that's lower chance to trigger than most energy weapon 'perk' effects. And the 20% additional damage as radiation isn't worth a ****ing thing -- GW's damage, even on EPG builds, isn't used for damage because it's pathetic, to which a 10% boost is nothing at all. Electrified anomalies is more 'powerful' than that, and it is widely regarded as an anomaly build's most pathetic starship trait. If it were +20% more radiation damage and causes your GW's to deal radiation damage instead of kinetic damage, that would change things, turning GW into a legitimate dps anomaly on its own.

But does everything need to be a 'legitimate dps anomaly on its own'?

As you correctly say, GW's main purpose isn't dealing damage. The additional radiation damage may not be interesting to DPS min/maxers, but it is probably interesting to those using a control build (i.e., those who would likely slot GW anyway) wanting to make their GW a bit more effective in terms of damage output.

I do, again, agree though that the 2% trigger chance is much too low.

This discussion has been closed.