test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why they removed the Cube !

beacuse some said they cant stere it well i can !

Comments

• qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    You posted the same thing last week.

No one “removed” a playable Borg cube—because one has never been ingame for all 12 years of the game’s existence. And as far as I know no one claimed you can’t “steer” it.

And as I said last time you posted the same nonsense. There are many reasons why there is not a Borg cube including:

1)It doesn’t bank when it turns.

2)It is hard to identify the front from the back.

3)It is a villain ship. Assimilated Borg do not pilot their ships. So the Juggernaut makes sense as a ship with liberated drivers—but the cube does not.

4) it’s size makes it not conducive for all TFO maps like the breech

And also what I said last time:

“Kael address this in a recent 10-forward. The new event ship has the wake effect so you can discern the front from the back. They tried doing the same thing on a Borg cube, but they felt it still didn’t make it feel like it could work as a playable ship. But they did try it. One other problem is the cube doesn’t bank when it turns, so it looks funny if you fly it without the bank, when they added the banking it didn’t feel right either.”

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/vocj7t/ten_forward_weekly_62922/

Kael’s explanation to me does not mean that it is “unsteerable,” rather that the steering just looks funny.

P.S. if I am misunderstanding you—I am sorry. Your grammar is hard to follow.