**JULY DEVELOPER Q&A THREAD**

13»

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Wow. Can't be bothered to copy & paste your own question. 🙄
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options

wow. cant be bothered to reference questions already in existence in another thread.

Except, the OP of this thread gives instructions to post your question again if you want an answer. Not, "refer over there for my question." If you can't be bothered, why should they? I mean, you go so far as to copy & paste a link to another thread, but you can't copy & paste a question? Seems like you're just being willfully obstinate. Just my opinion. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User

wow. cant be bothered to reference questions already in existence in another thread.

Except, the OP of this thread gives instructions to post your question again if you want an answer. Not, "refer over there for my question." If you can't be bothered, why should they? I mean, you go so far as to copy & paste a link to another thread, but you can't copy & paste a question? Seems like you're just being willfully obstinate. Just my opinion. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I don't know...
    It looked to me like he was trying to follow the advice of someone talking about meeting in the middle only to be kicked in the Richard for his trouble.

However, let me be fair, here. For all I know the two of you may have an ongoing rivalry in the forum and this is just the nature of you interact with each other. I have been away from the forum for a long time, like the Romulans at the end of Season 1 of TNG, so I'm not entirely certain of how things may have developed.

For all I know he laid a trap for you, BMR. If that's the case the only advice I have is don't be the reason Drew Barrymore got hooked on the drugs at an early age.

(Some of my Sequiturs seem to have fallen into the "Non" category.)
  • Options

I don't know...
    It looked to me like he was trying to follow the advice of someone talking about meeting in the middle only to be kicked in the Richard for his trouble.

However, let me be fair, here. For all I know the two of you may have an ongoing rivalry in the forum and this is just the nature of you interact with each other. I have been away from the forum for a long time, like the Romulans at the end of Season 1 of TNG, so I'm not entirely certain of how things may have developed.

For all I know he laid a trap for you, BMR. If that's the case the only advice I have is don't be the reason Drew Barrymore got hooked on the drugs at an early age.

No rivalry as far as I'm concerned. I don't get hung up on such things.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User

I don't know...

No rivalry as far as I'm concerned. I don't get hung up on such things.

Not even the friendly kind? Those can be amusing.

But back to the subject of the thread, I have a question:

Is there any consideration being given to updating the older reputation stores so that they are on par with the more recent ones as far as purchasable items?
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    @theboxisred said:
    > I don't know...
    > It looked to me like he was trying to follow the advice of someone talking about meeting in the middle only to be kicked in the Richard for his trouble.
    >

I’m at a loss as to what he considers important question in the other thread that were ignored?

A unified tailor palette would be cool, but it is unlikely because it is a lot of work.

The question about a new bug reporting system is way more work than updating the tailor palettes. It is also kinda an insulting question because it implies the current bug reporting system is ineffective. Without commenting on the current bug reporting system, it seems very clear why these questions weren’t answered and the answers are obviously no I’m both cases.

As Kael said, most the questions in that thread were really veiled suggestions, and we know Cryptic doesn’t announce upcoming content until it is finalized that it can be implemented as intended.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    @theboxisred said:
    > I don't know...
    > It looked to me like he was trying to follow the advice of someone talking about meeting in the middle only to be kicked in the Richard for his trouble.
    >

I’m at a loss as to what he considers important question in the other thread that were ignored?

A unified tailor palette would be cool, but it is unlikely because it is a lot of work.

The question about a new bug reporting system is way more work than updating the tailor palettes. It is also kinda an insulting question because it implies the current bug reporting system is ineffective. Without commenting on the current bug reporting system, it seems very clear why these questions weren’t answered and the answers are obviously no I’m both cases.

As Kael said, most the questions in that thread were really veiled suggestions, and we know Cryptic doesn’t announce upcoming content until it is finalized that it can be implemented as intended.

For a developer "A lot of work" and "too hard" means your CUSTOMERS have to do a lot of unnecessary work.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    valavan01valavan01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hello,

I'd like to know the feasibility of adding the option to buy ship visuals with a small amount of zen as opposed to purchasing a whole ship just for the visuals?

An example:

I recently got the Fleet Shepard Miracle Worker Battlecruiser (fleet version of the Gagarin Battlecruiser). I don't have the zen store version of the ship which is the Gagarin Miracle Worker Battlecruiser. But when I got the fleet ship, I didn't realize the visuals couldn't be changed from the Discovery era unless I purchased the regular zen store ship. Except buying it now would be a massive downgrade from the fleet version and I am not very interested in the universal console.

So to recap, my question is, could we have an option to buy the updated visuals for fleet ships for like 150-250 zen instead of spending 2500-3000 zen for a ship that's worse and a universal console I'll never use?
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Devs, copying from another thread
    6m1zk7ri08d91.jpg

1. the meme is making fun of your game
    2. do you PLAY the game outside of testing? can you honestly say you LIKE spam like in the screenshot the meme was made from?

I know your response from last month where your "data" says moar. I challenge that, and I want to see you put out a poll. Someone said put it in when you log in. I would suggest a mass email, make a page and put links to the survey on twitter, FB reddit and here and the splash screen.. I challenge you but in my heart I know you won't, because you think it will be TOO HARD to dial everything back.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    earthwizard18earthwizard18 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    Is it possible to add more alien body parts and configurations to the tailor?
    Or better yet, costume sets like there are for the Breen and Borg? Maybe add it to the Lobi store, Zen store, dilithium store?
    We have all of these alien ships and can't even make a custom alien to have the right body parts because they aren't available in the tailor. Would be nice if they were unique sets with special bonuses fitting the race, but hell I would buy just a costume unlock. My Kobali character doesn't even have ears-the Kobali ears in the tailor are not the right ones.
    Would be nice to see Kobali, Lukari, Voth, Vorgon, Fekl'hri, Vaadwaur, Nakuhl, and maybe even Cardassian, Vorta, etc costumes/skins. All are already in-game assets.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Deferi as well. I play a Deferi crew on one character and it drives me mad that NPC Deferi use parts I can't. Deferi women use a 'horn' option which is only available for men in the tailor.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    I am curious about the answer to that question too, the alien tab parts kit could definitely use a few more options, as could the hair. My latest character is an Oran'taku but there is nothing like the eyeline ridges though it can be sort of faked with one of the forehead options if you use a hair that adequately conceals the forehead itself but not the sides of the eyes (there is only one hair like that for women currently, unfortunately).
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Would it be possible to update some of the older C-store ships to full specializations?

I get that it really doesn't matter that much, as some are bought for barbie/consoles/traits but it'd nice to see more of the older ships out there.

• Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    they already said they want to bring all the older ships up to T6
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User

No, I meant the older T6s with less than desirable seating.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited July 2022

No, I meant the older T6s with less than desirable seating.

This thread isn't really meant for discussion, but since it's going on already I'll say that I think new seating would be handled by introducing new variants rather than making retroactive changes to existing ships. It might not be totally out of the picture since they did change the Wells-era temporal ships, but I'm pretty sure that change was a one-time thing rather than a potential precedent.

New variants are also not guaranteed unless the ships reappear on a current show, but if they see it as a good idea it could still happen.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.