test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to purchase event buyout

helconhawkhelconhawk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
I want to buyout the last bit of the Jaina event package. But when I hit buyout I get a black screen with nothing on it.

Comments

• helconhawkhelconhawk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Last patch fixed it ty
  • houserozhenkohouserozhenko Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I also cannot buyout the current event "Heart of the Storm". Clicking the buyout button does nothing. I haven't started accumulating tokens, yet. The bar is empty.
    Check out my Bio and ongoing Story as Comic Flipbook on FlipHTML5:
    4099594.jpg
  • scottfreemanscottfreeman Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Same issue. Clicking the buyout option does nothing at all.
    Still the buyout button doesn't work. I have done the first FE so the first token is in the bar. No reaction on clicking buyout.
    4099594.jpg
    edited May 2022
    I should add that I am not using the Arc Overlay. Previously the "buyout" button used to create a Game UI. If that is now changed to open something in the Arc Overlay, that would be a regression for those who disabled the Arc Overlay or are not even using the Arc Launcher.

Also if that button now opens something else outside of STO, it should ask for permission first, otherwise it might get blocked by security tools.
    4099594.jpg
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I'm not using the Arc Launcher either, I play through Steam - and I'm noticing the same thing.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
    edited May 2022
    Still the buyout button does nothing in the "Heart of the Storm" event. Cryptic, please recognize this as known issue in the C-Store and Zen general information and known issues or push a hotfix soon.

https://youtu.be/5YmXN_zQw4I
    Post edited by houserozhenko on
    4099594.jpg
  • xegert#2545 xegert Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yeah, I also can't do a buyout of the event. Had hoped it would be fixed with the server downtime today, but unfortunately not :(
  • akenomycesakenomyces Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I submitted a ticket for this, and the GM suggested I post on the forums as well about this issue. Hopefully this is the right place.
    This is regarding the recent Red Alert event that ended a few hours early. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11514973-the-galaxy-goes-to-red-alert!

This is what we discussed:

Thanks for looking into this, there are two things I noticed in the link you sent. (Link above)

The entire Galaxy is going to Red Alert! We’re launching a one week version of the Galactic Red Alert! From April 26th at 8am PT (17:00 CEST) – May 10th at 10am PT (19:00 CEST) all of our Red Alert events will be returning at once, as the Final Frontier is caught in a massive invasion on all sides.

The time says this would end at 10am PT, but it ended at 7am. I had an alarm set so I could complete my last Red Alert for the prize.
    (I was 9/10 completion and would have finished it at 720am, but it was already over.)

"You can also purchase this Grand Prize on the events page, if you’d prefer. The price will be prorated as you earn Daily Progress, becoming cheaper the more you play."

This event is not available for buyout, but says it will be. I would like the reward from this event either way. It sucks it ended early, but I will pay the zen for the one time I missed if necessary.

Thanks
    b2gqbfr8xfqa.png
  • baddtudebaddtude Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am unable to buy out the "Defense of Pahvo" event. I click the Buyout button and a "Confirm Purchase" window comes up, but the Zen button says free, and the only effect I get is the purchase window closes. Also, there is no buyout tab in the Zen Store either. Are we not being allowed to buy this out? I only missed by a couple days. Or is this a known issue I haven't found info on yet?
  • dblooddblood Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I am also unable to buy out the "Defense of Pahvo" event. When I click the Buyout button and a Confirm window comes up, but the Zen button says free, and the window closes.
    Post edited by dblood on
  • baddtudebaddtude Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    This issue is resolved for me. Maybe because of the patch, or a delay in the system. I don't know, but I was able to finally make the purchase.