Install Arc

Summer is HERE - RISA 2022!

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Wow, someone got lazy...

My OCD will have me earn the ship, but it'll never get used... Wow...

If you mean that ship design then the one who got lazy was the TNG designers back in 1980s as that pretty faithful reproduction even the fact it looks kind of like a plastic toy.

I think it looks wicked awesome, like angrytarg said. :)

Well that's not really a counter-diction as it's awesome even if does look kind of like a big plastic toy.

Better than something covered in kibble and greebles. I love smooth and simple.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Wow, someone got lazy...

If you mean that ship design then the one who got lazy was the TNG designers back in 1980s as that pretty faithful reproduction even the fact it looks kind of like a plastic toy.

Well that's not really a counter-diction as it's awesome even if does look kind of like a big plastic toy.

Both have their uses but here honestly keeping to what it was in the 1980s is better. Greebles have a specific purpose that kind of isn't needed for this ship they are there to show scale but I think it's part of the purpose for this ship that scale for it is vague, that why scaling ships like the BoP look so silly because suddenly you got windows or hatches that are several decks tall as the detailing was built for the original 110 meters size.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Wow, someone got lazy...

Both have their uses but here honestly keeping to what it was in the 1980s is better. Greebles have a specific purpose that kind of isn't needed for this ship they are there to show scale but I think it's part of the purpose for this ship that scale for it is vague, that why scaling ships like the BoP look so silly because suddenly you got windows or hatches that are several decks tall as the detailing was built for the original 110 meters size.

They changed the decals and whatnot for those doors and windows when they changed scales (for the most part anyway, they did get sloppy a few times when the model was only to be seen for a second or two). If you look at the details between the small KBoP classes like Kruge's and the large fixed-wing cruiser that used the same model the windows and whatnot are much smaller on the cruiser (though they messed up at one point and had the Duras cruiser's wings move in the movie).

Also, while greebles have their place, that place is not on Star Trek ships according to Jefferies. He believed that putting systems on the wrong side of the armored hull did not make sense, nor did stopping a ship so they can send people out in suits to fix that junk that should not be on the hull in the first place. With very few exceptions everything was maintained and repaired from the inside (the person that was standing on the floater-pad on the bridge in one of the movie scenes was doing just that in fact, fixing a problem with the sensors in the dorsal sensor dome).
    Post edited by phoenixc#0738 on
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    Once again, the resort world of Risa opens up its beaches and its activities to visitors from all across the galaxy. The weather-control engineers have been hard at work, making sure that you get a golden summer sky, and touch-ups bring new color and detail to your favorite bungalows. In addition, there are a plethora of new rewards that you can earn this year by participating in all of the regularly-scheduled holiday activities! Come to Risa on all platforms from June 30th at 8am PT to July 30th at 10am PT to get your hands on these new prizes!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11520163-risa,-where-all-your-dreams-come-true!
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    With lots of Andorian stuff!

That new floater looks... eh... cool.
    This kit frame gives you complete immunity to cold—an excellent advantage when fighting the Breen

So... Is more Breen content coming soon?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,317 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Not surprised about the focus on andorians since they are heavily featured in Discovery.
    Could have been a double whopper if they also included orion gear, but alas.

This kit frame gives you complete immunity to cold—an excellent advantage when fighting the Breen

Did we get more fire based opponents after last year's fire immunity kit module?

Edit: we may get some fire opponent
    Remember Leeta and her artifact at the end of the last episode?
    Post edited by questerius on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    YAY I finally got to read up on whats comming to Risa now that it got posted to the forums on ARC :).
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    Finally...a new updated blog and let the party start!!!
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Wow nice updated prices...got to love Summer 2022!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Surprising that it is Andorian themed.

But my Cryomancer is getting a new kit module. hehe
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I know my Cryomancer Sci is going to love that kit module.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    questerius wrote: »
    Not surprised about the focus on andorians since they are heavily featured in Discovery.
    Could have been a double whopper if they also included orion gear, but alas.

Did we get more fire based opponents after last year's fire immunity kit module?

Edit: we may get some fire opponent
    rRmember Leeta and her artifact at the end of the last episode?

I'm not sure, I haven't played the most recent episodes yet as I'm saving them for when I want to play a few in a row.

• bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Interesting to note that Andorians ae the BIG items for this summer 2022. Winter more like it but I guess they could not wait.
    Overall...we all need a break from the routine and this is good news!
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • otherregotherreg Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited July 2022
    I like Risa. Iike the event. I like the extra stuff we can get there. But I miss more bikinis. When the Fek'ihri were revamped I was expecting to get that bikini in game. I still do.
    Playing this year has been quite an experience. The new kit looks promising. I liked the new floater and board. I wish we could get better versions of the older floaters/boards. Like skins.
    I am having some issues with chars changing outfits when I activate a floater. I haven't sent a ticket yet. Probably will do soon.
    I don't know why the catwalk was removed but I would really consider an alternative. Just have 2 "risas". 1 with the catwalk and the other without it. You can even call one a mirror universe if you want. That could also apply to several older maps we used to have. Old Drozana, old DS9, old ESD. Just throw anywhere you want in the map and say it is a mirror universe version.
    About the baseball outfits, only the hats for me. Someone here pointed out we should have some baseball event and I agree with that, since we have so much baseball material in game.
    I add to my wish list the flower attachment some NPCs wear, like the risian instructor. I want that flower in my hair.
    I finally got an Andorian caracal to my Andorian. I call her Freeza. I know I named my caracal after a male character but so far she didn't complain at all.
    I'm sad we will have an upgrade weekend during Risa. Those are pretty rare. And Risa is pretty rare. And I don't farm dil during Risa. Hope the next upgrade weekend doesn't fall during QWW.
    Half way inside the event. Devs are fixing some bugs which is good. But not only the swimsuits clip. The risian short is also clipping.
    We also have a bug in which when you equip a floater your char changes outif. Pretty annoying.
    Farming got a bit slower this week. I'm about to get the last risian accolade to one "older" char. After that, only my 2 new, risian noobs will chase those. Ane there isn't much to farm either. Most of my chars, if not all, already have everything I want from risa. All the swimsuits I wear outside risa as off duty tops. The doffs, the emotes. One or other kit. Without new, interesting stuff, there is little point on hard farming.
    Options are there. There are NPC swimsuits we could get. There are swimsuit pieces they could be worn as off duty so I would farm for those. There are a few attachments that could surely become another box in the risian vendor. The sons of none could get other colors as well.
    Yesterday I got the last missing risian accolade for the remaining char. Now all my 20 chars are "master relaxers". Lol. Today we a major dilithium bug, no zombie emote on the Phoenix box, a Red Alert that can't give us all borg accolades, a double xp weekend. And all of this to say once again. I want more bikinis!
    A new bundle during Risa. 25% off on launch. It used to be 50% off. Then 35% off. I'll pass this one. Didn't see a reason to get 3 ships, master 3 traits in 20 chars, and then retire the ships. By the way, at this point we should get unlocked traits for the whole account for each mastered ship we have account-wide.
    Post edited by otherreg on
  • stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Yeah, this 'cold' theme is kinda strange for Summer. It shows how hard creating new stuff has become, I'd say. The game is now glutted with fancy toys and making something 'different' has become a serious challenge. I wonder if there will be Breen surfboards for the Winter event?
    stolok wrote: »
    Yeah, this 'cold' theme is kinda strange for Summer. It shows how hard creating new stuff has become, I'd say. The game is now glutted with fancy toys and making something 'different' has become a serious challenge. I wonder if there will be Breen surfboards for the Winter event?

To be honest, in half the world it actually is winter when the summer event is running.

It's strange to have it on a map with a lush forest indeed, but for those players on the other side of the world it could be nice that the events align with their climate cycle for a change.

• stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    Well, we got a TFO with a very strong emphasis on fire, but that was almost a year later. If they are going to do something else with cold after releasing this new kit frame, it will probably be associated with the Winter event.
    The 'friend' Leeta is talking to seems likely to be a Medusan. Don't worry about the insanity thing. First of all, Leeta is pretty insane already. And Mirror Medusans might not produce the effect, or Terrans might have a treatment/preventative for it. They do specialize in pain and suffering. The character of a Mirror Medusan is also probably very different from the original, too. This 'friend' is probably a co-conspirator in some grander evil scheme Leeta is working on...
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I guess this summer is going to be COLD.

Andorian themes should go to Winter holiday instead. Andorians will be thrilled.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I have a winter snowsuit I can wear if it starts to snow LOL
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    stolok wrote: »

Not likely since there is nowhere to surf, on the other hand they could have a new line of winter shorts and cropped halter-tops...
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    The Risa event Andorian cold gear is actually to help fight global warming.

As for the Cnidarian event ship, do we get a Cnidarian ship interior or will it be same bridge/interior as most of the rest of ships?
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I should read more before I post.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Crossing my fingers for anything but more baseball shirts.

/sigh

I mean, yeah - it's the easy alternative, since they just need to make new textures, no new models.

But really? :s
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Why after seeing the new ship am I hoping for a themed T-shirt for the event store that is along the lines of "Get in loser..." with beaming effect?
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User

This was 4 years ago I'm talking about.

The winter race had to glitch for me to get through it back then (no opponent) and wouldn't do it in 2018, so I peaced out. Heard Risa had a form of race for that, so PTSD made me not go there.

If they've modified it so my console isn't going to be waving at an asteroid these days, all is well.

You don't need to defend it that hard.
    The Powerboard Race and Biathalon (Powerboard + Floater course) are actually a lot more fun than the hellishness that is the winter skating races.

• faelon#8433 faelon Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    Oh and Dev Team. We love you for all you give us, but please take a touch of healthy feedback regarding a few of the new Risian Event items

The Andorian Kit Frame, one of it's extra special powers. Helping out EV suits. While the thought of boosting EV suits is nice, this part seems kinda stupid
    When you activate an EV suit, it receives significant bonuses to defense for one minute. The capacitor then recharges for three minutes before it can activate again.
    You do realize that our EV suits activate automatically now, right? And this rarely happens when we are anywhere near combat. Take Nukara for instance, the place where this would likely get the most use. You beam in and your suit activates. The effect will be gone before you see your first Tholian. And to reactivate it do we have to de activate and reactivate our EV suits? Can we maybe just make this one a Clicky Ability? And not tie it to Suit Activation?

Please Tell me the Andorian Squall Module pairs with the Winter Breen Ground Set? And counts as a Cold Kit ability for its proc's and bonuses?

Oh look! Another Baseball Uniform Recolor... yay? I get why this has become an annual thing, but could we maybe throw some other new Summer Clothes up. Even if it's just recolors of existing stuff? New Hawaiian shirts for example? Or maybe a decent Skirt and Shorts piece with some new prints on them. The Tholian Silk Robes with an annual Floral Pattern dropped on them to turn them into beach wear would be nice. And not overly labor intensive. or the Borath Robes recolored and logo'd to be Fluffy Hotel Bathrobes. Remember Space Barbie is your endgame. And Risa is ALL about the Space Barbie.
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    ...and here I am waiting for the full Kobali markings for the rest of Zhaan's body in her bathing suit (Alien Fed female with the Kobali Overall Pattern).
    7kfsu5jefdgi.jpg
    Yay.

Though...LESS baseball, MORE swimwear, please.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    This years stuff will help Vanda, my AoY Andorian, since she's got a cold theme go, both ground and space, so this is perfect. B)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.