test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question About Delta Recruitment

kerrdogjkerrdogj Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited June 2022 in The Academy
Hello! I have a question about Delta Recruitment. I am nearing the end of my KDF toon story arc and was thinking of purchasing two more toon slots, one for the Fed and one for the Romulans. However, I know that the Event is ending soon. Thus, I was wondering if I start them now, if I will be able to still earn the Tesseract rewards for leveling up, joining a Fleet, R$D, Discovering Iconian info/tech, etc. If so, then will I still be able to claim rewards from the Temopral Agents at the First City and ESD for my other, non-Delta toons? Or, is it something that, once it's done, it's done?

Thanks in advance!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    BorticusCryptic says in the last paragraph of this thread http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9116343-delta-recruitment-rewards :

(Quote)

"Once a Delta Recruit completes their special Tutorial and receives their “Tesseract Communications Device” they will be free to complete the assigned tasks at any point in the future. Although Delta Recruit characters can only be created while the event is running, there is no time limit on the completion of the tasks, or their associated rewards."
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You have until may 21 to make them.

Once you get the device from your future self you are a delta recruit. At that point, even if the event ends it's no problem you can still earn all the rewards at your own pace.
  • Options
    dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Be warned though. At the moment the devices can only be claimed once per character, so if they are somehow lost then they are gone forever on that character!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks guys for all your input! :)

I think I'll make those new toons after all!
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The temporal agents going away seems unlikely. You can still find the contacts for particle trace games, the consoles for stuff?-to-GPL conversion, etc. around.
  • Options
    lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    One question that has been left unanswered, though, is - we do not know if the temporal agents themselves are permanent. The DR characters do not receive their rewards through them, but if they go away, the account-wide rewards not yet claimed (for non-DR characters) would become unavailable.

The only such rewards you probably would be dealing with at this point, though (assuming you've earned everything possible with your first) would be the faction-specific story-arc rewards, and to earn all of those you would only need to play through "Boldly They Rode" prior to the end of the event. (All rewarded arcs after that are "all factions".)

The Temporal Agent contacts are not going away. They are the Account Base rewards contact for the Delta Recruit program. The account based unlocks are for all of your current and any future characters you create.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Good points all. I made my two new recruits and completed the Tutorials assuming that the Temporal Agents would remain. I hope they do! I really want to be able to earn all the rewards! :eek:
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    westmetals wrote: »
    Has that actually been stated by anyone official, though?

I have a feeling you're right, I'm just saying that I have not seen this officially stated, and until that happens I'm going to treat their permanance as "unconfirmed".

Borticus has flat out said, and the q&a now says, that the rewards are permanent and that you can earn them at any point in the future.

Thus if they remove the temporal agents they will need to add something to allow claiming the rewards. Whether the NPCs remain or not has not been said,but the ability to claim the rewards via some method will.

Given cryptic previous actions... It is cheaper to leave the NPC in place. Therefore that is the most likely outcome.
  • Options
    tee#6511 tee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Are we only allowed one Delta recruit? I made my second one (first one for the year), and she can't access the account bank, she's also only got one story arc showing. I've actually got the same problem with my second Gamma recruit, he also can't access the duty officer tab.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    tee#6511 wrote: »
    Are we only allowed one Delta recruit? I made my second one (first one for the year), and she can't access the account bank, she's also only got one story arc showing.
    Sounds like you've made a Romulan or Reman - it'll all open up for her once she allies with the KDF or Starfleet.
    tee#6511 wrote: »
    I've actually got the same problem with my second Gamma recruit, he also can't access the duty officer tab.
    This is merely an artefact of the Jem'Hadar starting at level 60 instead of level 1. Once you complete the Gamma Quadrant story arc, your mission journal will fill up with the rest of your mission for your allied faction.
    The Duty Officer tab will open up at some point too, usually around level 62 or 63, but even if it doesn't until you hit 65, you can reach that level quickly enough.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.