test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loadouts are still broken...

corinthalascorinthalas Member Posts: 2,331 Arc User
The game is still creating broken loadouts on ships without any input from the user. The game is still automatically loading loadouts on zone change without user input. The game is still stripping items off ships with loadouts. Items *STILL* don't share properly from ships with loadouts.

Just happened on a brand new, just-claimed ship that my current captain had never flown before. It came with a broken loadout. Couldn't equip any items on it without switching to it. Stripped everything off my ship on loading into a patrol. If I have to 'babysit' a system to stop it from ****ing up like this, it isn't 'fixed.'

Comments

• Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    The bug or poor design I don't like. Not sure if its a bug or meant to work like this. When I ready a ship the top loadout gets loaded dumping all the ship items in my inventory. Then I load the correct loadout I really want, dumping yet more items in my inventory. Leaving me with effectively two ships worth of gear taking up all my space which I now need to waste time sorting.

The new loadout changes/design is counter productive. It waste a massive amount of time while the old system used to save me time.

EDIT: I also have the bug in the post above. I posted my own bug report then closed it as it has appeared to fix it self. In fact its random. I can go days or weeks before the bug hits.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    You also have your loadout messed up if you try to switch ships within the shipyard.
    Also, you cant switch between 2 loadouts in space. If you have one for one weapon type and a 2nd for another it wont let you switch between either way, you literally have to switch ships, switch back and then switch once.
  • Options
    chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer

When posting please include the following information:

Charactername@handle
    Last map you were in (if applicable)
    Map you were going to (if applicable)
    What the issue is and steps are required to reach that point.
    What steps you already tried when attempting to resolve your issue (if applicable)

Once you put that information I will be more than glad to repro it internally. On bugs like these I need exact information. Step by step.
  • Options
    Ships will auto create a loadout on commission. It is called loadoutone, this is done without input from the user. DO you have "automatically move equipped items to readied ship" enabled?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    When posting please include the following information:

Charactername@handle
    Last map you were in (if applicable)
    Map you were going to (if applicable)
    What the issue is and steps are required to reach that point.
    What steps you already tried when attempting to resolve your issue (if applicable)

Once you put that information I will be more than glad to repro it internally. On bugs like these I need exact information. Step by step.
    Pottsey@Pottsey
    Earth Space Dock inside
    No map move.
    When I ready my starship from the manage ship area all the ship items get unloaded into my inventory from the ship I just readied as the ship autoloads a loadout with a different setup to the items already on the ship. Instead of leaving the current setup active. Causing me to then have to dump another full set of items into my inventory to set the ship up how I want it either by either manually adding items or picking the correct loadout. Then I have to move two full sets of ships items from my inventory onto other ships for storage which is time consuming.

There are no steps we can to do solve this that I can see.

Furthermore when making small changes to my setup like switching one trait or 1 hangar bay pet rarely when moving maps and/or loading into a TFO the loadout will automatic reapply overriding the changes made. This is a rare event that started after automatic loadout creation was added.

If it helps I never had any problems with loadouts until the new default automatic loadout creation was added.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I hate to be a bother but could you use this to format the steps you reproduce this issue 1 by 1?
    1. step 1
    2. step 2
    3. step 3

Also include the map name in each step.

It makes it easier for me to parse then looking at blocks of text, and it makes it easier to pass on to software if the bug is able to be reproduced internally.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I hate to be a bother but could you use this to format the steps you reproduce this issue 1 by 1?
    1. step 1
    2. step 2
    3. step 3

Also include the map name in each step.

It makes it easier for me to parse then looking at blocks of text, and it makes it easier to pass on to software if the bug is able to be reproduced internally.
    Map ESD, Earth Space Dock, Ground.
    Toon: Pottsey@Pottsey
    Step 1, Walk to the change ship area, press Manage Ships.
    Step 2, Pick a ship that has a loadout saved, for example I.S.S Roosevelt (Styx Dreadnought Cruiser)
    Step 3, Press Ready Starship.

Bug: All items on ships are dropped into my Inventory, in this case Loadout 2 "Q Mines" the 2nd loadout auto loads which is not what I want. All traits and doffs change.

Step 4, now I load loadout 1 "Mines" which is the one I wanted. Now all of Loadout 2 "Q Mines" loadout dropped into my Inventory.

Step 4 is not a bug. Its a frustration as combined with step 3 bug I now have a completely full inventory of two ships loadouts. Which I then have to manually load onto other ships which is time consuming.

Alternative version of bug.

For argument sake I want to fly U.S.S Anson (Fleet Heavy Destroyer) I am happy with the current equipment on this ship. I press Ready Starship. The entire setup that is currently fitted is dropping into my inventory. I have now lost my setup that I wanted. Plus the graphic design of the ship has a drastic change and all my seating, doffs, traits sand everything change.

Step 2, Pick ship US.S Anson (Fleet Heavy Destroyer)
    Step 3, take note of the ship design which is not blue, take note of what gear is fitted.
    Step 4, Press Ready Starship.
    Step 5, Ship is now White and Blue, entire loadout changed. Gear and Traits.

If it helps I can take some screenshots of before and after.

I have copied this character to Tribble and both these two steps are 100% repeatable.

"Furthermore when making small changes to my setup like switching one trait or 1 hangar bay pet rarely when moving maps and/or loading into a TFO the loadout will automatic reapply overriding the changes made. This is a rare event that started after automatic loadout creation was added."
    This is a different loadout bug from above.

Again for argument sake I want to fly D.V Vitory-258 (Fleet Vanguard Support Carrier) loadout "pet Build" loaded. I fancy changing the hangar pet to a Mirror Shuttle for a few TFO's and I fancy switching 1 Starship trait to Voth Carrier Synergies. I do not save the loadout as I don't want to override my Core Loadout. That's not how players use loadouts. I switch maps, switch some more maps, at some point the loadout "pet build" auto loads and overrides my Mirror Shuttle Hangar Bay and Starship trait Voth Carrier Synergies is removed. I cannot be more precise as its not consistent.

Step 2, Pick ship D.V Vitory-258 (Fleet Vanguard Support Carrier)
    Step 3, Make sure loadout "Pet Build" is loaded
    Step 4, Swap the hangar pets to anything else, in this case Mirror Shuttles.
    Step 5, Change any starship trait to Voth Carrier Synergies
    Step 6, Do not save changes to loadout, enter a TFO or move maps. Keep repeating until bug hits.

Bug, not every time, at some point loadout "Pet build" is loaded overriding the changes I made.

Not related to above. Can I ask if the broken trait "Friends in Unusual Places" bug report has been picked up? I understand if you cannot give an update on the bug itself. I would just if possible like to know someone has read the bug report.

If I can help in any other way including screenshots/video let me know.
  • Options
    Thanks for the repro, I will check make a copy of your character and import it internally and see if those steps give the same results on the same build. I will do this after the weekend though.
  • Options
    fullmetalpanda#2676 fullmetalpanda Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I have this bug too. Every time I switch a ship, in space or at ESD, or DS9 shipyard. The action tray is never how I saved it, and I have to spend minutes resetting it. EVERY TIME. This has been going on for months. Occasionally the equipment does not install and I have no components or weapons. I will have to click on each one to install it. On the plus side it seems that the traits are saved. Doesn't matter which ship I change to they all have this problem. Some of the action tray items remain, it looks like console and device abilities don't get saved. Chad Vader@fullmetalpanda
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    Started a new Delta Recruit (on Playstation, but this is relevant here)...

After completing the tutorial, I claimed one of my ships from the Z-Store;
    I equipped what I had onto the ship, set up the bridge officers and my traits;
    Finally, I click the buttons necessary to SAVE A LOADOUT;

The loadout list says there are unsaved changes on my loadout, which I just saved.

Whenever I save the loadout, the message immediately re-appears even though there's nothing changed in my loadout!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/