test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Varuvian... not Vitruvian

wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
This has been bugging me ever since it was announced, but every time i come across it, either in-game or places like youtube videos or shows, it gets my brain ticking in that "am i crazy?" sense. I brought this up in another post somewhere but it was moved and buried elsewhere. As such, i figured i would ask the community.

WHY does STO call it Vitruvian?

Lower Decks references the Varuvians, Varuvian ore, Varuvian bombs.
Memory Alpha backs that all up, as well.
StarTrek.com does the same...

But STO calls it Vitruvian... which is entirely something different. At first, I thought it was a typo but even the blog makes a "joke" about Vitruvious. Which makes no sense in terms of the game and Varuvian references...

Am I crazy here? Did i MISS something in Lower Decks, where they mix it up or is this something on Crytic's end? What's going on here?!?!?

Should I just put up the Pepe Silvia material on the ol' conspiracy board?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    That post was moved but not buried, it was moved to PC Gameplay Bug Reports for greater visibility.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    It might just be the way the new forums are set up then. The only way i could find it was digging through the personal profile pages. It took me a solid minute just to figure out HOW TO EVEN POST a new thread, after they swapped over, lol.
    Just a fun additional note, but when asked about this on a livestream Kael said that he had no clue what I was talking about. When checking the blogpost in question again, it was indeed written by Kael.

The Conspiracy continues...
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    he didn't catch the auto spellchecker
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    he didn't catch the auto spellchecker

That's what i thought at first, too, but it's misspelled IN game and he was making puns about Vitruvius in the reveal/details post.
This discussion has been closed.